Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 11:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Those are Losi JRXS Type R ball cups.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Aahhh, you should know, I got those out of your spare parts box!!!
Old 07-25-2007, 11:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sigear, your camera is focusing too far away. You need to set it to macro mode to tell it to focus on the nearest objects. On a most digital cameras, macro mode is indicated by a flower icon.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Yeah, I hear you. I took those pics back in May when I first got the car and took a bunch of them in a hurry to show a buddy. I figure they were good enough to show what I was talking about though.
If you need clearer pics I can take some but you'll have to wait til tomorrow. I'm about headed to the sack.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
I'll fess up . . .Im the fellow Mi3. I had RPM ball cups on at the track today and was only able to clear 1 mm of shims without any rubbing (1.5 mm rubbed just a tick as evidenced by the tiny shaved section on top of the cup.) I got home tonight and threw on the ball grippas on the outside of the turn buckles and while they are thinner I am still left wondering how 3 mm of shims made it under the wheel. I am runnig the stock rear hubs, parma magentas, stock turnbuckles and had seaballs foam setup on the car. The only thing I can imagine is if there are different height ball studs included in the kit and I happen to have the tall ball studs in the rear hub. (I do realize there are 2 different lengths to the threaded sections, but I didn't notice any short or long "necks" on any of the ball studs.)
I know I'm not a schuie guy... but are you running the new parma pro 53 line of tires? They have a bigger rim... you can fit more shims under the ballstud with these tires on the car most likely. Thats what Goetz was running most like as he was one of the key people helping in the development of the new wheel.

-Korey
Old 07-26-2007, 12:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
I know I'm not a schuie guy... but are you running the new parma pro 53 line of tires? They have a bigger rim... you can fit more shims under the ballstud with these tires on the car most likely. Thats what Goetz was running most like as he was one of the key people helping in the development of the new wheel.

-Korey

You're right Korey. I forgot all about that. So if you're not running the Pro 53's Sigearheads solution will work, BUT Chris' setup is not going to be the same with jaco's or bsr's. You may have to run a slightly lower roll center to get the same effect.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:48 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

You could always just cut the top off of the stock ballcups to give it the same effect as well. Probably wont be quite as strong, but I've never broken one that I've cut like that..
Old 07-26-2007, 05:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
You could always just cut the top off of the stock ballcups to give it the same effect as well. Probably wont be quite as strong, but I've never broken one that I've cut like that..
Thats exactly what I did Randy
Old 07-26-2007, 07:00 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Sup guys...Everyone is missing one key point on seaball's setup; the optional 1 deg rear hubs The optional hubs (U2741) are not as tall and require shims to get it back to standard height.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PW
Sup guys...Everyone is missing one key point on seaball's setup; the optional 1 deg rear hubs The optional hubs (U2741) are not as tall and require shims to get it back to standard height.
indeed. i got so many pm's about this, that i assumed the manual was printed wrong! however, it is not. if you use the 1* optional hubs (u2741), as pw mentioned, the 3mm shim will fit well, and will give about a 1mm gap when used with a pro-53 wheel and standard balls/cups.

the kit setup has been great for the few locals that have put the car down. i think the r/c's could be a bit higher with the pro-53's as they induce more body roll. i like 8.5mm from the bottom of the chassis f/r with these tires (assuming 4-4.5mm r/h and reasonable tire diameter)

for you ladies running in low bite to prep for vegas, try using lighter oil. the kit seals are tight (not sticky, just tight) and they really make the overall dampening feel heavy. keep them lubed with oil in the cartridge as well. if overdamped, you won't feel the effect of spring changes like you should.

last footnote for now: the kit setup was developed with irs 33# fronts (blk), and xray 17# rears (wht). those of you using xray springs, be aware that most of them are 1.5 - 2lb softer than rated. you'll need the bright red up front to duplicate the irs black. the next step softer than the kit would be xray 33# fronts (plum), and schu 16# rear (wht), which might be a good combination on low bite.

good to see some foam tire activity here.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default schumacher cars and team

hey all:Was woundering who's on the schumacher team at this time and whitch team drivers will be at the '07 iic race?Also can someone clear up the rumors of schumacher getting back into the off road electic 2wd and 4wd buggy scene?Thanks for the info
Old 07-26-2007, 09:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Boy, you guys all rock. Just what I needed to read before I head out to the track.

I was runnig the "old" parmas with the RPM's so Ill have to cut em down like stevie said.
peace
Old 07-26-2007, 12:58 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Replacment CVD "axles" are now in stock along with most other parts for the Mi3
Old 07-26-2007, 01:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

PW, I bet you have been a busy little elf, sending out all the care packages today, since that "huge" order of spares arrived in today! I will thank you in advance for mine! Can't wait for the good ol' UPS Man tomorrow!
Old 07-26-2007, 02:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I will be getting my Schuie on the rug with foams this saturday for some testing...Goetz and I will start trying to get everyone prepped for Vegas!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.