Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 04:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Static_racing
The Mi3 shocks also have a rubber O-ring in the shock collar. No more loosey Goosey!!
True, although I had already changed my EC items for the HPI ones, which look almost identical to the Mi3's

Skiddins
Old 05-01-2007, 11:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well, built my Mi3 last night and what can I say, fantastic! everything went together really well, and it does look every bit a winner!
Old 05-02-2007, 07:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

got mine today lol
yay
it looks awsome!
Old 05-02-2007, 11:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mattb
got mine today lol
yay
it looks awsome!
must be nice but in the good ole' U.S. I was told expect another delay mid May
Old 05-02-2007, 11:11 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
must be nice but in the good ole' U.S. I was told expect another delay mid May
Where'd you hear that from?!?!

PW or Adrian...can we get an official update on what's going on?
Old 05-02-2007, 11:27 AM
Tech Elite

the thing that gets me is the LHS in the UK sold to the public, i even posted a link a couple pages showing the 1 store had 3 in stock but we can't even 1 sold to a paying customer
Old 05-02-2007, 12:20 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Darkseid
Where'd you hear that from?!?!

PW or Adrian...can we get an official update on what's going on?
Here is the problem with posting dates...........everytime the date comes and goes then people get pissed more and then Schumacher USA gets more calls and PW, Adrian and the others that mght be their can't get anything accomplished.

Remember one thing is PW has absolutly no say in when the US gets their kits. PW is just the poor dude stuck in the middle. Sorry PW I feel for you buddy. All except the part of you having a Protoype MI3 your running. That part is all good.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:41 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by wyd
Remember one thing is PW has absolutly no say in when the US gets their kits. PW is just the poor dude stuck in the middle. Sorry PW I feel for you buddy. All except the part of you having a Protoype MI3 your running. That part is all good.
Man...when did I say PW had control over when the kits came in? I just asked if things had changed since last week, when things looked like they were FINALLY taking a positive turn.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:45 PM
Regional Moderator

Since we're supposed to pretend we don't care about when we're getting our cars, and just ask questions about the car itself, here goes...

I've noticed that everyone building the kits new are starting with the kit belts. Why isn't anyone using the grey belts? Aren't they supposed to be more free?
Old 05-02-2007, 12:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Help with droop setting please

Hi All

Finally got all electrics installed and ready to go except for one thing - got everything set up as per Chris Ashton's Rubber Carpet Setup in the manual except I'm at a loss as to how to set the droop. i've been used to setting it using verniers with the chassis on the deck measuring to the top of the axel.

Can someone please explain in easy to follow steps how to get the droop set according to the setup sheets please!

Thanks
Mutley
Old 05-02-2007, 12:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Talking Not another Delay!!!

No one is claiming its PW or Adrian the ones responsible for getting the kits here...they are the middle men. We just expect info from the Schumacher USA as to our kits. Many of us have paid lots of up-front for our kits, and have been waiting for over a month now. First it was end of march, then end of April, and now supposedly more delays? This cannot be, since PW/Adrain reported the Shucmacher is shipping to US shops this week, and that by next week they will reach the us and be sent out to LHS. Schumacher USA has been very involved in getting info for us from Schumacher UK. They report what they are told and so far, we havent been told anything different that was stated by AdrianM/PW a few post back about the ETA. However, please note that we do expect updates and the latest info from Schumacher USA. So if there are any changes, could you guys please be so kind to let me us know...you are our eyes and ears on this...thanks...
Old 05-02-2007, 12:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mutley001
Hi All

Finally got all electrics installed and ready to go except for one thing - got everything set up as per Chris Ashton's Rubber Carpet Setup in the manual except I'm at a loss as to how to set the droop. i've been used to setting it using verniers with the chassis on the deck measuring to the top of the axel.

Can someone please explain in easy to follow steps how to get the droop set according to the setup sheets please!

Thanks
Mutley
Basically set your ride height, then lift the car on that end, and measure your ride height again. On the Mi3 setup sheet, it says "droop (chassis to floor.)" This is the ride height measurement with the car lifted just high enough to have the tires touching the setup board. So on PW's setup sheet, it says 8mm droop chassis to floor with 5mm ride height. Set the ride height to 5mm, then lift the end of the car off the setup board and set it down so the tires just touch the board but put no load on the suspension and measure that height again. It should be at 8mm. This actually gives you 3mm of "true" droop when set this way.

This is the ONLY way to set droop consistently. Setting it by putting the chassis flat on the board and measuring the axle height can be effected by a number of different variables. If you change your camber, your axle height will be different. Changing roll center also will effect this measurement. Plus, changing ride height will effect your droop setting. If you're running 4mm ride height and you have the droop set to 8mm chassis to board (4mm true droop) and then raise your ride height to 5mm without changing your droop, you've just lost 1mm of droop too. Measuring axle height, or using droop blocks etc... doesn't take any of these variables into account.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Why does this thread sound like a PS3 Launch thread????? From what Schumacher USA said they said the kits would be shipping to the US this week4/30 to 5/4 then start shipping out the week after 5/7 to 5/11. If there is a delay until the middle of May that looks like less then a week over the last time frame or just over a week delay.....but we dont even know if there is another delay until Schumacher comes out and says something.

Even if there is another delay its not a very long one and I would much rather wait and get a fully operational kit then get a kit with flaws that will just lead to more complaining. Lets all take a deep breath and moment to laugh at the Heat...lol.....and relax and see what officially happens.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

Yeahi agree with kevin .... much better to mirror the nintendo Wii launch.... alot of hype and so many people want them there are people still waiting to get them..... Aint that right Kevin
Old 05-02-2007, 01:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Yes....we are not even going there with the Wii.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.