Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 01:19 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayBee
Neccesary or not, a P-Dub bumper WILL be going on my ride

I hear you... I thought a while back they said they would have something special in the way of the P-dub for the Mi3. Wasn't quite sure what they meant though...
Old 04-29-2007, 04:03 PM
Tech Regular

When running a spool i heard today that the kit front drive shafts are not quite up to the job. I was wondering if the EC had the same problem and would it be better to run a steel or titanium shaft instead ? and if so can you get them from schumacher or a third party, other than this the cars went great and people were very happy
Old 04-29-2007, 04:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mini-dub
Got mine today (blue lable, I'm not as cool as Mo ). Spent the day at the track and got the whole car together, just need to put electronics in it and do final adjustments. I spent a bit longer building it than I thought I would, but it didn't help that just about every person at the track finger-fued it LMAO.

This is seriously the coolest piece of rc equipment I think I have ever had. The little design features that they changed that I didn't know they would be changing were a very nice addition. Such as the new spool with replaceable outdrives (that are also very strong and use the WHOLE blade, not just the inner 1/2 of it like the old outdrives). The rear arms are also reinforced and much stronger/stiffer. The shock mounts are neat too, I was planning on using the really old discontinued TiR mounts but these work just as well. I still cant really get over how sweet the diff system and suspension mounting system is.

Let's just say I've got a few people at the track psyched about the Mi3 ! Unfortunately I'm busy all weekend, but I will be able to get out to run it tuesday or wednesday .
I can go drive it if you want hahahaha.....
Old 04-29-2007, 05:52 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stegger
When running a spool i heard today that the kit front drive shafts are not quite up to the job. I was wondering if the EC had the same problem and would it be better to run a steel or titanium shaft instead ? and if so can you get them from schumacher or a third party, other than this the cars went great and people were very happy
I have been running my EC for almost a year. Never had any problems with running the spool. My blades wear some but never hurt the driveshaft at all unless I laid the hammer on the wall and would bend them a tad. That will happen with any car when running a spool if you hit that hard. Spools are very hard on front end parts and especially if you hit stuff.
Old 04-29-2007, 06:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stegger
The kit drive shafts (U3020 - $39.99) are stronger (harder to bend) than the steel MIP CVD's (U2151 - $44.99)

We had some problems last year with pins breaking but the alloy axles and dogbones were never a problem.
Old 04-29-2007, 07:57 PM
Tech Master

Hey Gang -

Just got back from the invitational race at "The Gate" in Cleveland. I was fighting with the car, but thanks to some help from Mo, Seaball, and Robbie I got the car REALLY good. It carried a ton of speed and was absolutley dialed! I qualified 15th and ended up 19th (dont ask )
The racing was so close with drivers in the "A" and "B" only a couple of 10ths apart. Great racing, I cant wait for my Mi3!!
Old 04-29-2007, 11:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Well, the build has started. In 5 hours I've got the shocks and what's in the pic here done so far. (I'm pretty anal about building my cars ) I'm very pleased with the way this car is going together. The suspension blocks are so trick. I should have it done tomorrow night. I'll get some pics up when it's finished.
Attached Thumbnails Schumacher Corner-dscf0070.jpg  
Old 04-30-2007, 12:09 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
Well, the build has started. In 5 hours I've got the shocks and what's in the pic here done so far. (I'm pretty anal about building my cars ) I'm very pleased with the way this car is going together. The suspension blocks are so trick. I should have it done tomorrow night. I'll get some pics up when it's finished.
Got home kinda late tonight but got started on my car, got the diff and shocks done, but havent really started to put too much together, that's for tomorrow. So far everything has gone together great, cant wait to see the finished result.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Yep, the build went very smooth for me. I didn't have any issue anywhere. The only thing that I really got stuck on was making sure I didn't put the arm mounts on backwards LOL. But it just requires you to look at the picture closely. It is an incredibly cool design though. You guys will definetly be happy with this car .
Old 04-30-2007, 04:38 AM
Tech Elite

My only complaint is the servo saver which is utter crap, byt the time you have tightened it onto the servo the spring is rubbing against the servo itself

I have tried getting a medium Kimbrough but it sticks too far out from the servo and fouls with the top deck when swinging towards the front of the car.

Anyone found a decent long saver that works?

Skiddins
Old 04-30-2007, 04:47 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by PW
but im gonna wait until its released in the stats for abut 429$ = £215 even cheaper
Old 04-30-2007, 05:12 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Hey when your done could you next day air that to me for the weekend. I will cover shipping.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:41 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skiddins
My only complaint is the servo saver which is utter crap, byt the time you have tightened it onto the servo the spring is rubbing against the servo itself

I have tried getting a medium Kimbrough but it sticks too far out from the servo and fouls with the top deck when swinging towards the front of the car.

Anyone found a decent long saver that works?

Skiddins
If you look over on the Schumacher boards, the "Whiteley" person who first posted pics of a completed Mi3 over there, had a servo saver on his car. When I asked about it, he said it was a kimbrough.

You may want to ask him about it to be sure though, cause like you said, looking at the pics of it, it looks like it will hit the upper deck.

Also, have you tried cutting the edges off your kimbrough medium, so that it's shaped more like the original servo saver?
Old 04-30-2007, 06:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
Hey when your done could you next day air that to me for the weekend. I will cover shipping.
Sure. Shipping will be $600.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Sure. Shipping will be $600.
WYD would pay it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.