Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I just want to Thank Aaron Young for his help today.

He helped me set up my car, gave me tires to run and even let me use his motors.

I was 2 laps off the pace until he helped me. Now I am only 1 lap off..and I'm lucky to be 1 off because he is DIALED...

Congratulations to Schumacher for picking up a great driver...I think Alex ,
and Aaron are going to help out the team a great deal.
Old 03-17-2007, 08:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Good job Aaron. Keep it up.
Old 03-18-2007, 06:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey guys,

i know its been talked about again and again but after looking
at the exploded diagram of the MI3 i still have some concern about the
mounting of the spur gear/pulley assembly's strength, can anyone
who has started running the car (team drivers) let us know how it
is going?
Old 03-18-2007, 06:27 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AL-HEX
hey guys,

is going?
PW mentioned a few times that this has not been a problem at all. Talked with him and Adrian and they said it was tested with low wind mods/brushless with no problems showing up.
Old 03-18-2007, 10:00 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

hey guys,

is going?
If you know its been covered again and again, AND has been addressed by the team people themselves, yet you still have concerns, what are the chances that if they go over it one more time, your going to feel better?

Just like any other time we see something we haven't seen before(which isn't often enough in this hobby), this is definitely one of those, trust the engineers deals.
Old 03-18-2007, 10:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by King of B Main
I just want to Thank Aaron Young for his help today.

He helped me set up my car, gave me tires to run and even let me use his motors.

I was 2 laps off the pace until he helped me. Now I am only 1 lap off..and I'm lucky to be 1 off because he is DIALED...

Congratulations to Schumacher for picking up a great driver...I think Alex ,
and Aaron are going to help out the team a great deal.
Definitely something I gotta say about him, no matter what kind of car you drive, he's always willing to help!
Old 03-18-2007, 02:34 PM
PW
Tech Elite

hey guys,

is going?
I can 100% assure you that it's not even a concern in our minds after 4 months of testing! I'm actually willing to say its more reliable than current systems as I haven't stripped a 64p spur indoor or out

Congrats to Alex Lopez for winning the 2nd round of the Florida State Series in modified! Both Alex and I tied for points with Alex winning the tie-breaker with overall fast time. I would say this is a great start for Team Schumacher and the Mi3

Will have pics later
Old 03-18-2007, 03:11 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PW
I can 100% assure you that it's not even a concern in our minds after 4 months of testing! I'm actually willing to say its more reliable than current systems as I haven't stripped a 64p spur indoor or out

Congrats to Alex Lopez for winning the 2nd round of the Florida State Series in modified! Both Alex and I tied for points with Alex winning the tie-breaker with overall fast time. I would say this is a great start for Team Schumacher and the Mi3

Will have pics later
Great job to you and Alex. My EC was really good yesturday on are new layout. It had more traction than normal to as they just resprayed the track to. Traction was insane to say the least.

I ended up trying 4 run old RP30's in practice......too much traction and twitchy as all heck. Then I tried TO32's and they where smoother overall. 3rd run I tried some well worn RP30's and they to ran pretty smoothly. For the main I actually ran my good pair of RP30's along with 6 degree caster blocks and the car was smoother than it was all day long and ran my fastest times in the main. Ended up taking the win.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Congrats to A-LO and PW at the state race A-Lo takin the win and PW in second A-LO bak 2 bak wins in mos nicly done a-lo
Old 03-18-2007, 06:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

nice race results for the Schu cru!

Now lets see some pics
Old 03-18-2007, 08:59 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PW
Will have pics later
Yay!
Old 03-18-2007, 10:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

thanks for clearing that up PW,

one more question though, why is it that the MI3 lists titanium hingepins, kingpins and turnbuckles as option parts? was it just to keep the cost of
the kit down?

cheers
Old 03-18-2007, 10:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

The cost of Titanium is going through the roof. They've even discontinued the Ti pins etc... for the Mi2 and the EC. Many of us have been running steel anyways as they are a bit stronger and don't bend as easily.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
Great job to you and Alex. My EC was really good yesturday on are new layout. It had more traction than normal to as they just resprayed the track to. Traction was insane to say the least.

I ended up trying 4 run old RP30's in practice......too much traction and twitchy as all heck. Then I tried TO32's and they where smoother overall. 3rd run I tried some well worn RP30's and they to ran pretty smoothly. For the main I actually ran my good pair of RP30's along with 6 degree caster blocks and the car was smoother than it was all day long and ran my fastest times in the main. Ended up taking the win.
I'm not sure if you have found this out on youre own, but it seems like that is what you experianced in your race. Old tires will make more traction (up until they're completely worn out ), but they can cause the car to be harder to drive and traction roll. New tires are faster and make less traction. Very cool you were able to run 6º caster in high bite with a newer set of shoes though, I always try and run as much caster as possible. I was thinking about figuring out some way to drill a 8º block or something to test that... hmmm PW???

As for the Ti hingepins, I'm always just running the steel ones because you have to hit something HARD to bend them. That way I'm never worried its the hinge pins about if my car is driving tweaked. Also most the cars are under weight so the steel hinge pins add a little bit of weight evenly around the chassis, and down low as well so they dont raise the CG.
Old 03-19-2007, 04:17 AM
Tech Master

My Mi2EC has been pretty good. I've gotten to the point where the car is better then the prievious car I was running. I was running my stock set up with BSR 26mm double pinks in the back and double pink/purple's up front and the car was dialed! To much HP for me, I dont usually run 19T. I ended up ripping the entire left side off the car! Cant wait for the new car!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.