Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 11:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hey can u raise the diffs of an old mi2?
Old 07-22-2006, 11:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

just curious what would it do to run the org. mi2(or BMI2) without the riser plates? or is that something you would do for carpet. I'm an asphalt guy 95% of the time. cheers.
Old 07-23-2006, 03:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aus jd 2703
hey can u raise the diffs of an old mi2?
Yes you can, to do this you would need to the teemu shock towers and teemu riser plates. This will give you a similar suspension setup to the carpet towers everyone ran on there Mi2 with TRF shocks.

The theory behind it is with the riser plates the driveshafts run closer to the level (think spirit level here) and will improve the efficieny of the drivetrain, they will also reduce grip at whatever end of the car they are fitted to making the car turn easier.

Personally i never noticed much of a difference between with and without on the Mi2 although i never got a chance to try them properly back to back. Since then i've always run my cars without the riser plates, i know alot of people do run with them though. Try it and see what suits you best.
Old 07-23-2006, 08:59 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cyrrus
just curious what would it do to run the org. mi2(or BMI2) without the riser plates? or is that something you would do for carpet. I'm an asphalt guy 95% of the time. cheers.
just think of the riser plates (or shims like i run) as a roll center adjustment. one way will make it roll easier and the other will make it feel stiffer. i run mine without risers(shims)in the front and with about 1mm shims in the rear.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:50 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well I finally switched to the MI2 EC TC which I plan on running in stock on pavement. I have seen where the Factory Team cars have the diffs lowered? Is that something that someone could explain please? I am also looking for any kind of setup help for running this car on an indoor asphalt track. So if any of you could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

Does the Mazda 6 body work well with this car or is there a better choice. I am not new to racing but I am new to this car
Old 07-24-2006, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cowboy Bob
Well I finally switched to the MI2 EC TC which I plan on running in stock on pavement. I have seen where the Factory Team cars have the diffs lowered? Is that something that someone could explain please? I am also looking for any kind of setup help for running this car on an indoor asphalt track. So if any of you could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

Does the Mazda 6 body work well with this car or is there a better choice. I am not new to racing but I am new to this car
Originally Posted by Conrad
The standard EC comes with 2mm risers plates between the diff uprights and the chassis. The foam spec EC doesnt use the risers plates so the transmission sits lower in the car. You dont need to lower the diffs, some people like it some people dont. If you do choose to run without the diff riser plates you should really be running the foam spec EC shock towers as well, as the suspension geometry will be wrong running the std EC towers without riser plates.
are these two passages really six posts apart?
Old 07-24-2006, 10:36 AM
Tech Adept

What's your point seaball? I asked ligitimate questions and would appreciate legitimate answers
Old 07-24-2006, 10:44 AM
Tech Elite

the legitamate, and detailed, answer came before the question, thus making the question unnecessary.

general rule of thumb: read a day or two of posts before creating one. you'll leave a better impression.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:50 AM
Tech Adept

The other rule of thumb is to read the entire post as I asked more than one question
Old 07-24-2006, 10:50 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by seaball
the answer came before the question, thus making the question unnecessary.

general rule of thumb: read a day or two of posts before creating one. you'll avoid appearing lazy and/or otherwise.

-C

I am lazy, that is why I just ask you all the questions that I have, with out trying anything myself.
In fact, the more I think of it, at the next race I'm at, you can just wrench AND drive on my car, while I sit in front of the big fans and cheer you on.

J/K

-J
Old 07-24-2006, 10:53 AM
Tech Elite

enough. take my advice and i'll take yours, and this thread won't suck so bad.
Old 07-24-2006, 12:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cowboy Bob
The Mazda6 is probably the most popular body to run on any TC if you race rubber tires...indoors and out. I would also look at the Parma "M Type". Either way you can't go wrong.

As for the diffs...I think guys are just saying the either use or don't use the spacers that go under the diff/bulkheads.

For setups you can view Schumacher Pitspace. The link is in my sig.
Old 07-24-2006, 12:18 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by seaball
the legitamate, and detailed, answer came before the question, thus making the question unnecessary.

general rule of thumb: read a day or two of posts before creating one. you'll leave a better impression.

sounds so lovey to the ears......like urine splashing in a toilet.........
Old 07-24-2006, 01:41 PM
Tech Elite

hey chubbs, are you familiar with the term, "hotbagger"?
Old 07-24-2006, 01:44 PM
Tech Adept

Default ?????

play nice dudes!!!!!!! seaball c-ya friday!!!!!!! -T-

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.