Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 08:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

just wanted to let you guys know that Justin Lessard was on rails at the Express race yesterday. I was very happy with the way my car handled, I just couldn't wheel it quite the way I wanted.

ORL2 and Charity race this weekend mean road trip to MD!!

Im going to try post my setup, any feedback/comments/suggestions post away.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Express Race06.pdf (206.3 KB, 198 views)
Old 07-09-2006, 09:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

If anyone has any 1-2 run rp36's from nats they would like to sell please let me know. Also, could I get the newer Rp36's from Schumacher?
Old 07-10-2006, 03:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hey guys
i run out doors aphsalt with medium traction with a standard mi2 on rubber tires i started the day with schu blues on rear and whites on front (pro spring nt old) with black front sway bar and silver rear and by the end of the day i had both sway bars off and swapped the spring front to rear and also loosened the rear diff trying to get the car to drive aroung a broad high speed corner it got better but i have to back off and the local fast guys can stay flat out any tips to get the car to steer while throttle on??
i run a diff and cant really afford a oneway
also in a chicane i find the car doesnt want to change directions ie from turning left to turning right to straighten up anything i can do??
i hope my explanations are clear if not highlight wat u dont under stand and ill try again btw it 2mm front and 3.5mm rear to much droop??
cheers all
and go team schumacher and teemu!!
Old 07-10-2006, 06:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AdrianM
We have found that running lighter springs and using sway bars to limit the roll is faster than using stiffer springs with soft sway bars or no sway bars.

We have not found a situation yet that required a spring stiffer than the kit 14lb white springs. In fact some of the mod guys are running springs softer than that. Shock angle, oil changes and black (1.5mm) sway bars are all we have needed to get dialed in.
the problem i found with running the kit springs was that my front tires would over heat and cause my car to push. hopefully this week i can get to the track and i will try the stock set up with the sway bars.
Old 07-10-2006, 06:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kyle "hitawall"
the problem i found with running the kit springs was that my front tires would over heat and cause my car to push. hopefully this week i can get to the track and i will try the stock set up with the sway bars.
That really strange. Generally the harder the spring the more you heat the tires. What is probably is happening is that you car is "dumping" or throwing too much weight forward without it getting transfered to the tires.

Heavier oil and sway bars will fix this.
Old 07-10-2006, 06:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aus jd 2703
hey guys
i run out doors aphsalt with medium traction with a standard mi2 on rubber tires i started the day with schu blues on rear and whites on front (pro spring nt old) with black front sway bar and silver rear and by the end of the day i had both sway bars off and swapped the spring front to rear and also loosened the rear diff trying to get the car to drive aroung a broad high speed corner it got better but i have to back off and the local fast guys can stay flat out any tips to get the car to steer while throttle on??
i run a diff and cant really afford a oneway
also in a chicane i find the car doesnt want to change directions ie from turning left to turning right to straighten up anything i can do??
i hope my explanations are clear if not highlight wat u dont under stand and ill try again btw it 2mm front and 3.5mm rear to much droop??
cheers all
and go team schumacher and teemu!!
First thing is your front diff. Lock it down to make a spool. This will help a ton with on power steering.
Old 07-10-2006, 07:04 AM
Tech Champion

Mo was on point this weekend. His car was dialed just like at the nats. I tested my brushless this weekend for the first time. Report to come later.
Mo is looking good to repeat at next weeks Revo race butif I can't beat him we'll finish 1 & 2

PW- get rested my friend because we got Vegas around the corner!
Old 07-10-2006, 07:33 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kyle "hitawall"
Kyle,
Run the car with the kit springs and swaybars.
Make sure that the swaybar links are completely vertical.
Set your camber to 1.5 deg on all corners. 1.5mm front droop and 2.5mm rear droop (above RH). This should give you a good starting point. Drive the car for a while and get used to it before changing stuff around.
My only deviation from the kit setup right now are only the springs (15lbs).
I'll help you out when I'm back in town.
Old 07-10-2006, 07:38 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Mo was on point this weekend. His car was dialed just like at the nats. I tested my brushless this weekend for the first time. Report to come later.
Mo is looking good to repeat at next weeks Revo race butif I can't beat him we'll finish 1 & 2

PW- get rested my friend because we got Vegas around the corner!
What's happening bro?! Hope everything is good.
Where are my stickers foo? Say hi to Mo for me.
BN Racing, lay it down!
Old 07-10-2006, 12:35 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Sanabria
What's happening bro?! Hope everything is good.
Where are my stickers foo? Say hi to Mo for me.
BN Racing, lay it down!
Will you be in Vegas?? I'm still waiting on my hook up to get me some.....ADVIL YOU OUT THERE????
Old 07-10-2006, 01:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

There are now setup sheets in one central location and easy to find

http://www.pdubracing.com/schumacherpitspace/setups.htm

If you know of any that are missing or that you may want to post please email them to me.

[email protected]

Thanks.
Old 07-10-2006, 01:35 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Will you be in Vegas?? I'm still waiting on my hook up to get me some.....ADVIL YOU OUT THERE????
I can't make it to Vegas. I'll be using my vacation time to see my family.
Good luck in Vegas!
Old 07-10-2006, 03:42 PM
Tech Master

does locking the diff put strain on drive shafts?
just i still crash pften and only have plastic drive shafts?
im only running a johnson 540 so not exactly high speed but i cant afford new drive shafts
Old 07-10-2006, 03:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Yes it will put more strain on the CVD's. And the plastic ones will probably break if you hit something. But a front diff is inherently going to push on power on asphalt. The only other thing I can think of is limiting the front droop a bit.
Old 07-10-2006, 05:29 PM
Tech Master

yeh thought so
i was gonna buy some steel cvd's but am not sure if im going to keep the car much longer just like the idea of a t2 or maybe msx or rdx
so convince me to stick with a schuie lol
ill look into the steel cvds

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.