Wiki Posts
Search

NEW MyLaps Transponder

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 11:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Davidka
AMB has enjoyed a monopoly on lap-timing which in some countries is illegal, perhaps this is why MRT has been able to make a superior product at a better price without being "squashed". AMB has no justification to charge the prices they do other than their competitive monopoly.

55 Euro only seems like a good price because the market had accepted higher prices (). 25 Euro would be more easily acceptable.
That is what I'm saying. I also don't expect a compny to make a product and market it for free. If company "A" can make it for $60 and sell it and stay in business, why then does company "B" sell it for $100. BECAUSE THEY COULD AND LIKED THE $$$$$. Let us compare this to the mortgage, auto and real estate business they all charged what ever they thought they could get and where did that get them .....
Bob if the lawyer goon squad could do anything about it they would. Maybe if AMB dumped the piranha lawyers retainer fee they could cut the price and be competitive.Paying higher prices for advancing technology is one thing this technology hasn't changed in decades, so why the inflated cost?????
Tim
Old 11-21-2009, 12:20 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by got2bqik
Maybe if AMB dumped the piranha lawyers retainer fee they could cut the price and be competitive.Paying higher prices for advancing technology is one thing this technology hasn't changed in decades, so why the inflated cost?????
Tim

One reason they charge what they do - because people pay it - either because they have to or they want to. If you were selling item X , would you sell it for less even though people are willing to pay more ??
Old 11-21-2009, 12:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

www.rclapcounter.com - Best deal going for clubs and facilities that don't have the big $$$. You can get a whole system + handout PTs for under $1000, and it uses all scoring software compatible w/AMB
Old 11-21-2009, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
www.rclapcounter.com - Best deal going for clubs and facilities that don't have the big $$$. You can get a whole system + handout PTs for under $1000, and it uses all scoring software compatible w/AMB
You have to use there transponders though. AMB's dont work with that one but there not overpriced either at $38 ea.
Old 11-23-2009, 04:02 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TommyBlazin
what?>> i didnt understand that at all..we can swap the internals out?
No it is not possible to swap the internals. The "Old" AMB PT has a bigger PCB compared to the new MyLaps PT.

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
If AMB had listened to the purchasers of their products in the first place they would be in great shape. Now they come out with a new system to try to stop the clone's (who are making great products) from making something the people wanted, a cost effective lap counter with an owner replaceable wire. Now they introduce a new item with no replaceable wire.. I guess all the years of soldering wires and battery bars was not enough practice for us because they must think we are incapeable of doing it ourselves . Thanks for the new item that will do nothing more than make you money.
Don't get me wrong but MyLaps has indeed tested PCB with changeable wires. But the decided not to used these for several reasons. One of them is the abuse of the PCB by the user which shortens the lifetime of the PT a lot. Also the PrintCircuitBoard will have much more wear (weather, Nitro, e.d.) then a non replaceable wire. Think about it for a second. I was also against the non replaceable wire, but now I understand why they did it.

Originally Posted by Davidka
AMB has enjoyed a monopoly on lap-timing which in some countries is illegal, perhaps this is why MRT has been able to make a superior product at a better price without being "squashed". AMB has no justification to charge the prices they do other than their competitive monopoly.

55 Euro only seems like a good price because the market had accepted higher prices (). 25 Euro would be more easily acceptable.
I think 25 euro’s is not possible for this. There is a lot of engineering / testing and all others to be done. The PT can not be sold that low. But an other thing is. When you make the new PT that cheap, the old one will sell for a budget price. Sow I Paid $100 for it, and now that the new PT is in, I must sell my old AMB for $10 because the new one is really really cheap? I think that not the good way. But I would suggest that you make your own PT for 25 euro’s ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) (dont get it wrong ;-))

Phill, I have not tested it at REAL 80 indoors. It was my “old” AMB PT. I’ll will test it soon (maybe at 6 Dec)

Best Regards

Robert
Old 11-23-2009, 04:05 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by vr6cj
You have to use there transponders though. AMB's dont work with that one but there not overpriced either at $38 ea.
So you need two transponders. One for circuit X, and one for Circuit Z?????
Not really cheap IMHO. Only usefull when you drive at only one circuit.

Best Regards

Robert
Old 11-24-2009, 06:40 AM
Tech Master

The new PT has a new feature on it.
It measures the air temp.
You need a second AMB decoder to send the info to an other website but than you can also use a second cable in the ground tho measure the track temp.
An other thing is the wire. This is made from an other material that can handle the oils an nitro that nitro drivers use.

The first batch will be 55 euro.
The second will be 75 euro.
The first batch can have some bugs therefore the price is lower.

I will get my PT soon and it will be tested with air and track temp at the race to show other drivers how it works.
The info about the track temp and PT temp will be on an other website.
It will be on Jan. 13 online if every thing works.

The PT will have 7 digests and not 8.
The 8th will only be there for as you buy a second with the same number.
You can order more PT's with the same number and the 8th will than be there so you can see with witch car your drove on mylaps.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:42 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by Bob Malphurs
It never ceases to amaze me how people have put a company that has for all sense of the word illegally used AMB's patented technology and copyrighted codes on this pedestal as "Savior of RC Racing"! Then I read "AMB has had a monopoly on RC until MRC started". If the bootleg clone company is so great why don't they have a decoder as well? I doubt that AMB has ever sent a goon squad out to squash out new technology!

"Patents" do NOT give a company rights to exclusivity forever.
AMB had their monopoly in place from when they invented the system, but any claims of patent-infringment is way over the top since the system has been out for over 20 years now.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:20 AM
Tech Master

For what I now will the new PT work also on other software because it will use 7 digits.
The PT has also a stronger signal than the old one and works also on 3,7V.
It can handle lower volts.

So I don't see any problems.
They can change the PT but when they make it work only on there own software, they now that they will have a problem so they will never do that.
Because when you buy a new PT and your club is running old software or an other version, than you can't use your PT and that is not what they want because than you don't buy there PT.
The PT i an improved version of the old one with some extra functions and a better price.
Also is the signal better than the old one and it's lighter.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by mikky32
The 8th will only be there for as you buy a second with the same number.
You can order more PT's with the same number and the 8th will than be there so you can see with witch car your drove on mylaps.

Don't like the sound of this. Just like MRT's original iPT... this can create problems.

The first thing a racer does when he needs $$ is start selling things off... and whats one of the easist things to move... the PT.

So now what do you do when you have 2, 3, 4, .... people in the same race with the same PT number???... already had this happen.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:09 AM
Tech Master

It's the same with the MRT PT. It already happened that there were 2 the same numbers.
Probably you can with the 8th number on the PT prevent this problem.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:13 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mikky32
It's the same with the MRT PT. It already happened that there were 2 the same numbers.
Probably you can with the 8th number on the PT prevent this problem.
There are 20 numbers on the MRT's so somebody could just use one of the other numbers. If the mylaps pt can be cloned by itself and you sell one it doesn't seem like there is an option to choose a different number.
Old 12-04-2009, 12:55 AM
Tech Addict

Guy's

The new MyLaps RC4 "hybride" transponder can be orderd from the MyLaps) Website.

The have an introduction price of €55,- But there are nice combo deals which can be found Here.

But what I think is nice.... You can change your old RC2 for an RC4 for just €20,- here

Mine is already on its way :-)

Best Regards

Robert Krens
Old 12-04-2009, 01:08 AM
Shop Owner

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I tried to exchange my RC2 to the new one for 20€ BUT shipping charges is 64€ to Greece!!!!!

I sent them an email to give better shipping option, first I don;t need it fast second I wont pay 64€ for something less than 100gr!!!
Old 12-04-2009, 01:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Robert_K
Guy's

The new MyLaps RC4 "hybride" transponder can be orderd from the MyLaps) Website.

The have an introduction price of €55,- But there are nice combo deals which can be found Here.

But what I think is nice.... You can change your old RC2 for an RC4 for just €20,- here

Mine is already on its way :-)

Best Regards

Robert Krens
But thats not for North America. Still shows older transponders for us.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.