Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2004, 11:35 PM
Tech Rookie

Arrow Question

How free is the steering in your T1R? I am in the process of putting in my servo saver and connecting the steering arms. When I do the steering does not seem to be as free as i think it should be. I did smash one of the plastic shims that go onto the servo saver. Could this nake it bind? Help!
Old 05-10-2004, 09:05 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Question

Originally posted by NKriptD
How free is the steering in your T1R? I am in the process of putting in my servo saver and connecting the steering arms. When I do the steering does not seem to be as free as i think it should be. I did smash one of the plastic shims that go onto the servo saver. Could this nake it bind? Help!
Yes, there is something wrong. The steering links should feel free and smooth with no slop if you did it correctly.
Old 05-10-2004, 01:20 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default Quick Questions

Hello,

I had a few questions for xray owners:

1. What size allen driver do I use fo rthe shock bushings? The screw is 2mm, but what size is the shock bushing?

2. Does Xray sell a turnbuckle wrench? I didn't get one with the used kit I bought, might anyone have a part #?

Thanks for the help.

Buddha
Old 05-10-2004, 02:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

RC Buddha i might have an anwser to your second question. When i got my kit it came with a small little silver wrench to adjust the turnbuckle. I am not sure that part number, but i do have the part number for another one.
It is made by HUDY: HUD181030

Hope it helps.
Old 05-10-2004, 05:03 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Quick Questions

Originally posted by RCBuddha

1. What size allen driver do I use fo rthe shock bushings? The screw is 2mm, but what size is the shock bushing?

2. Does Xray sell a turnbuckle wrench? I didn't get one with the used kit I bought, might anyone have a part #?
1. I think it's a 3mm or 2.5mm. More emphasis on the 3mm. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

2. The turnbuckle wrench that came with the kit was a flimsy piece of metal. Hardly worth mentioning.
Old 05-10-2004, 05:49 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Quick Questions

Hello,

I had a few questions for xray owners:

Thanks for the help.

Buddha
It's 3mm, and Hudy makes the wrench.
Old 05-10-2004, 08:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

ran my xray foc over the weekend, and all i can say is "this car is great"

i was running diff diff and it didnt show a tad of understeer, in fact i was also using the pillow ball suspension, just wanted to give it a try, and it looks cool.

now, i was wondering, what's the difference if i unlock the shaft and make it a mid one-way as opposed to a locked shaft and a one way in front? tanx for the input.
Old 05-10-2004, 08:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

sorry for the double post.

one more thing, has anyone experienced the loosening of the screw that holds the servo horn? i was cleaning my car yday when i noticed that the screw was really loose.

i've never had this problem with my other cars before.

tanx for infos again.
Old 05-10-2004, 09:53 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Thanks for the info guys, can't wait to drive the car!

If I can't find the hudy turnbtuckle wrench, are there any alternative wrenches that'll fit? I tried my lunsford, but alas, it was too big.

Last edited by RCBuddha; 05-10-2004 at 10:12 PM.
Old 05-10-2004, 10:17 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the info guys, can't wait to drive the car!

If I can't find the hudy turnbtuckle wrench, are there any alternative wrenches that'll fit? I tried my lunsford, but alas, it was too big.
Socal raceway has it under the Xray items. It's in a Hudy package.
Old 05-10-2004, 10:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by evaa
sorry for the double post.

one more thing, has anyone experienced the loosening of the screw that holds the servo horn? i was cleaning my car yday when i noticed that the screw was really loose.

i've never had this problem with my other cars before.

tanx for infos again.
The only I had that problem was when the servo was stripped due to the incorrect screw going into it.
Old 05-10-2004, 10:29 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by Neil Rabara
Socal raceway has it under the Xray items. It's in a Hudy package.
thanxs for letting me know neil...i'll probably swing by SoCal on saturday and pick it up.
Old 05-10-2004, 10:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Depends what kind of track you're running on. If the track is low grip then it would be best to loosen it a bit.

Originally posted by evaa
ran my xray foc over the weekend, and all i can say is "this car is great"

i was running diff diff and it didnt show a tad of understeer, in fact i was also using the pillow ball suspension, just wanted to give it a try, and it looks cool.

now, i was wondering, what's the difference if i unlock the shaft and make it a mid one-way as opposed to a locked shaft and a one way in front? tanx for the input.
Old 05-10-2004, 10:47 PM
Tech Rookie

How many of you guys are using the Hudy Ulitimate Set-Up System?? What are your thoughts about it? Worth the money?
Old 05-11-2004, 05:03 AM
Tech Regular

I have the setup system. I really like it but the only thing I would change is make the gauges something other than clear. Sometimes its pretty hard to see the marks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.