Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2002, 07:27 PM
Tech Adept

Ok, I will be there from 10am to 6pm EST.

LOL! I had someone call me up today and say.

"I will give you 60$ for spongebob's front 1way"

I said "I will not sell something I promised to someone already, and who is this"

He hung up! LOL!
Old 01-22-2002, 09:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

LOL, some people are weird.

ok, that makes sense with the RED card. Saw it, read the back, kinda went, "What the hell is this thing?" figured it had to be something kinda important, or it wouldn't be there.
Old 01-22-2002, 09:50 PM
Tech Adept

Hey! when did I become a "sportsman" ??? I was better at being a "hacker"!!!
Old 01-22-2002, 11:44 PM
Tech Adept

Hi, Told ya so! Buster is the Shiznit...hehe

Buster, thanks, got some more stuff today, appreciate it as usual. Check your email.

Sorry I been off the thread for a bit, been wasting my time shopping for a new full size ride. Gotta love used car salesman. Didn't you say that's what you used to do? LOL..JK

Jeff C - Good luck at Scotties. Whatever you do, make sure you have a good time. Scotty makes that pretty easy to do. Catch ya when you get back
Old 01-23-2002, 03:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally posted by JeffC
LOL, some people are weird.

ok, that makes sense with the RED card. Saw it, read the back, kinda went, "What the hell is this thing?" figured it had to be something kinda important, or it wouldn't be there.

If this had been a game of soccer the red card would have been a bad thing, I think. Its been years since I played the game, 1980-84 Lakenheath, England. Those where the days!
Old 01-23-2002, 09:26 AM
Tech Master

I saw the setup sheet for Groskamps Xray T1, but is that a sway bar in the front? The setup sheet reports that he did not use one.

Old 01-23-2002, 03:48 PM
Tech Adept

You can disconnect the sway-bar so it will not fuction without taking it off of the car. All you have to do is to loosen the 1.5mm setscrews that hold the bar's in place and then pull the bar's away from each other, then tighten the setscrew back up.
Old 01-23-2002, 04:36 PM
Tech Master

Buster: I know how the sway bar works, I've had mine for six months! You're going crazy from working too many hours.

I can't see the bars, that's why I asked. It's no big deal I was interested in the setting if the bar was there.

BTW, have you received the new hex hardware kit?

Last edited by RCCadet; 01-23-2002 at 04:57 PM.
Old 01-23-2002, 05:46 PM
Tech Adept

LOL! Sorry RCCadet, I should have known better. I thought it was weird that you even asked that question.

Hex Hardware Kit? You mean the bag that has 30 hex type screws? For the chassis and stuff? I should have them, pretty sure I do. I am at home right now so I am not 100% positive, but I am 99%

I will check when I go back in the morning, I will put a set aside for you if I do have them.
Old 01-24-2002, 06:03 PM
Ty
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Xray Drivers

I currently race a Losi XXX-S on carpet with foams in stock. I am seriously considering getting an Xray T1. My Losi XXX-S is a nice car, but not a great car. I had to put in tons of money for it to be competitive. I have always been intrigued by the T1 since it was introduce about a year ago.

I would like an honest opinion of how the T1 compares to the king of carpet cars racing stock on foams; the TC3. How easy is it to setup, maintain and rebuild? How tough is the car and what spares are recommended? Also what upgrades are recommend for the racing I will be doing (carpet, stock, foams)? Do I need the belts, one-way, belt tensioner, roll center bridge, front suspension blocks, sway bars etc ?

I have heard the Xray quality is top notch and my Losi is nice as I said, but nothing special. I am looking for a quality car that reacts to set up changes and can compete with the TC3 in stock on carpet with foams.

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks so much.
Old 01-25-2002, 06:43 AM
Tech Master

Ty: Now is the perfect time to own a T1. I have not experienced carpet racing yet but others here have and they will comment soon.

I want to focus on durability, setup, maintenance, and rebuild. I have one of the first sixty kits to make it to the U.S. and have since endured it all.

Durability by far is second to none, well maybe second to the Pro2. Parts do break! The most common part, maybe the only part to break, are the steering blocks. The steering blocks do not break easily either. I am not in the habit of T-boning a board but will squeeze between the boards and another car or clip a turn.

The steering blocks have been the subject of much debate. Many racers where complaining that they break too easily. I will argue that they are crashing from poor or lapse of driving skills. I make mistakes also and take daring lines. I often stretch or dent the steering block before it fails. I have broken four of them and each of them have endured three of four impacts before failing. In the throws of racing it is the only part I've broken. Aside from racing, while playing around with setups I managed to fracture the top bumper brace. I came upon a stalled gas car and rear ended it. You will spend little time working with spares and more time racing with this kit.

Setup specifics are slightly more challenging but easily overcome because an illustrated setup booklet is provided with each kit or you can download a black and white version. There are many PRO and non-PRO setups uploaded to http://www.mytsn.com web site. As to be expected, there is always help here in this thread.

Maintenance and rebuild is not as easily done compared to your Losi, but I would not give up my T1 for any other kit. At first maintenance for me was an every 4-6 race day thing. Eventually after replacing a set of bearings it has become an after every race day ritual of breaking the car down and cleaing the bearings. I've had so much practice dismantling the car that I now do it between races (qual and main) if needed. I am considering buying another set of bearing so time is not wasted cleaning, drying, and re-lubing the bearings between races. That's where Buster comes in to the picture, he is our spares contact.

I frequent an asphalt track that serves as a parking lot when not raced upon. It's blown off but that is sometimes a short-changed effort and debris is left on the track for our cars to collect. I have gone through two sets of bearings, the original set and one expensive set, I am now on my third set and it does pay off to clean them after every race day. I know if I had done a cleaning after every race day from the start I might still have my original bearings.

Spares and options are available through Buster. Although I have not ordered anything from Buster, I have called him and asked for a quote. His prices are better than other places I've looked at.

Since I own and raced the TC3, I would say the T1 has an edge over it. The setup possiblilities exceed the potential of the TC3. I can easliy make certain adjustments that would require dismantling the TC3. On the track, its all up to driving skill really but I can carry more speed in the horse-shoe turns (any turn actually) than I could with the TC3. With the proper set-up you will amaze yourself first time out!

By leaps and bounds this kit is the most responsive I have ever driven. My driving style/skill changed and improved dramatically. Consistancy is what you will appreciate from this kit.

L8r

Last edited by RCCadet; 01-26-2002 at 09:59 PM.
Old 01-25-2002, 10:45 AM
Tech Regular

I also wouldn`t even consider any other t/c except the T-1. The two big reasons are the fact that the T-1 is highly adjustable with only the need of a set of wrenches,unlike other cars that require parts swapping,and the fact that the car comes ready to race with the premium parts included. The car is a little more expensive but to equip another car equally will require a purchase of optional parts that push their price past the T-1.
The car is also tough,I`ve only broken 1 part in 20+ races. I would purchase a lower rear a-arm,a lower front arm,a set of front upper arms ,and a set of steering knuckles and you would be set for spares.
I have 2 T-1s ,one thats box stock and one with the new optional parts installed that I experiment with setups on. Both cars are quick and I have won with both,more with the stock car because I tend to leave that one alone .
My advice would be to get a T-1 and instead of the optional parts get the Hudy setup gauge instead,a accurately setup car is more important than optional parts.
Old 01-25-2002, 03:37 PM
Tech Master

Yea, what they said, its a great car, get one, you wont be dissapointed.

Buster, I got both orders in this week. Thanks.
Old 01-25-2002, 05:20 PM
Tech Elite

I couldn't of said it better my self. I also agree with getting the Hudy set-up gauges. There the main tools in getting the car set up correctly. The manual is great at having the car right when your finished building the kit, but the board and gauges don't lie!!!!
Old 01-26-2002, 10:58 AM
Tech Elite

Buster-

I stopped into your place today but you were not there. I live 5min from your place and had no clue you guys were there. Once I get back from Malaysia in Two weeks I am going to get rid of my XXX-S and get the X-Ray from you guys. I just need to find a buyer for my XXX-S first . I had talked to Arvin about the car and I did get to drive one fianlly and did much better with it then I did my XXX-S. Hopefully this summer I can improve enough to where I can think about actaully racing at some bigger races .

Mike Webb

Last edited by mike_Webb; 01-26-2002 at 03:57 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.