Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2003, 07:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ray: Killer, Is it an Evo2 chassis? Mine's just a lowly T-1. E-mail me at [email protected] and let me know what you want for it. I've already scraped up the right rear edge of mine, DOH!!! But it's still rug-worthy. Also let me know what you have in the new/used six-cell department, not looking for killer stuff, just parking lot packs.

As far as seeing me, hopefully I'll be coming soon to a Tuesday night race near you! (not only near you but in actuality at your very own track!)
Old 05-14-2003, 07:51 AM
Tech Regular

Hi Xray vets,

Newbie here... I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of a place with setups for the Evo 2 with C-hubs... specifically not so smooth asphalt... not an extremely technical track.

Anyone? Thanks in advance!

junwei
Old 05-14-2003, 08:13 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by jwwu
Hi Xray vets,

Newbie here... I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of a place with setups for the Evo 2 with C-hubs... specifically not so smooth asphalt... not an extremely technical track.

Anyone? Thanks in advance!

junwei
Hi, when you bought your evo2 it should've came with a card, register it on tsn and access the setup section, you'll find plenty of setups for carpet, asphalt racing.
Old 05-14-2003, 08:17 AM
Tech Regular

yeah... that's the thing... figured setups would be there... I bought mine second hand... and the owner didn't include the card!
Old 05-14-2003, 09:02 AM
Tech Addict

cypress

i've never ran the parma but it is alot like the proto vectra. i run the losi alfa outside it has the most downforce out there, the 2.0 is great for carpet the alfa has to much downforce for carpet , you need to free the car up so the 2.0 is the choice of most. at the snowbirds the only team that stuck with the alfa was the shu's, they said they need a lil more turn in. even todd hodge took the alfa off and ran a reg. stratus to free the car up.

painy

i have been a long time losi man and had 4 of my own( i sold them all but 1 last week) they are great cars but some parts do break more easily than others but that's true with every car. a good friend of mine ron atomic (factory xray driver) got me to try the xray and it's awesome. more turning than you would ever want. plus xray has great racer support at xray, mytsn. hope this helps XRAY ALL THE WAY.
Old 05-14-2003, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

ICEMAN: Thanks, a long time 12th scaler, but new to the whole TC thing. I appreciate the input. Guess I'll have to try the Losi Alfa. Sounds like it's what I'm looking for as far as handling goes.
Old 05-14-2003, 10:40 AM
Tech Regular

Wink

jwwu

You can still access the xray setups at www.mytsn.com without signing up or having access to the VIP room.
Old 05-14-2003, 06:41 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks a lot headbanger!!!
Old 05-14-2003, 07:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by rayhuang
Cypress-YOu DA Man!!! Way to go!!!

I got a hack chassis that would be prefect for you to run outdoors. Its got slots and notches cut-out in it-but will work great out at CORCAR!! I also have the 3-piece top-deck as well. Let me know what you need and I'll send it to you my man!!!

YOu should see the Gate now. Painted all the perimeter boards, painted the drivers stands to match and all NEW interior boards!!!

We built 40 1 foot pieces so we can make nice ROUND corners. No more full speeed 90* bends!!! Our track is gonnna be one of the best in the USA when were done next week. Also many more flappers were cut and we have a most innovative corner system usiing my old Kart tires and a flapper.

See ya at the Gate or at CORCAR sometime this summer.

Ray
Ray

Can you please send me some pics of this track border/corner system, i am assisting someone who wants to open a track here in Sydney Australia. Email at [email protected]

Thanks in Advance

Bradd
Old 05-14-2003, 08:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Besercoe-It will be a few days I am afraid!! Our track is in 1000 Pieces in the back room awaiting more paint and track repairs. I will shoot pics soon and send them off to you!!!

Basically imagine a squared off corner. Then a half moon flapper thats filled with Kart Racing tires. It makes for a corner thats solid and wont bounce you back out into traffic and also is soft enough to keep you from breaking. We use Truck Mud Flaps for flappers. these things have survived 100's of hits from 1/8th on-raod cars and have yet to break one, but they do bend and give a lot.!!

Ray

Last edited by rayhuang; 05-15-2003 at 05:21 AM.
Old 05-15-2003, 05:18 AM
Tech Elite

Ray Huang is an innovative, and forward thinking track owner!! Finally, someone has brought soft-wall technology to R/C. I can't believe Ray's taken scale driver safety so seriously!!
Old 05-15-2003, 05:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by rayhuang
Besercoe-It will be a few days I am afraid!! Our track is in 1000 Pieces in the back room awaiting more paint and track repairs. I will shoot pics soon and send them off to you!!!

Basically imagine a squared off corner. Then a half moon flapper thats filled with Kart Racing tires. It makes for a corner thats solid and wont bounce you back out into traffic and also is soft enough to keep you from breaking. We use Truck Mud Flaps for flappers. these things have survived 100's of hits from 1/8th on-raod cars and have yet to break one, but they do bend and give a lot.!!

Ray
Man I would like to drive here. If it was only closer to Philly Good job Ray, I can't wait to see pics when it's all done.

Update, I got my Acer bearings in the mail yesterday. Such quick service..Ordered last friday and got everything yesterday! That's awesome...i didn't expect them to be here, now I can use them for this sunday! The bearings feel so smooth too. Much more than the high speed bearing set that Ralph sent me due to the original bearing shields falling off the 10x14's. I'll give an update from this weekend on how they do. I bought the 59.99 kit for the Xray Evo 2. (couldn't see spending 130 on the ceramic ball bearing set yet) Acer rocks.

Last edited by John Fontaine; 05-15-2003 at 05:42 AM.
Old 05-15-2003, 09:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

looking to take a break this summer my loss your gain
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...threadid=18274
Old 05-15-2003, 02:39 PM
Tech Elite

Randy, looks like you are giving up your luxury touring car stuff. Why? If only for the summer, you can always come back to it after the summer.
Old 05-16-2003, 07:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I am curious guys as to what you think would be the result of making a 3mm or 2.5mm chassis with no cutouts for side by side packs and without the extra holes? WHat I am getting at is how stiff could you make the evo2 chassis if it was designed for saddle packs only?? I am very tempted to take my chassis off my car and send it to Penguin RC and have them build me a custom chassis out of there super stiff Carbon Fiber sheet.

If its 2.5mm-I'll just remove all the extra cut-outs and holes.

If its 3mm-I'll remove the extra cutouts, mill down the places where the bulkheads attach by 0.5mm and possibly add some smaller slots to save weight, but not sacrifice rigidity.

Just brainstorming here....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.