Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2003, 05:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by pkranger63
Just curious if anyone knows if there is a turnbuckle wrench that will work other than the one made by Hudy. I have not had good luck ordering through their site.

Thanks
Matt
That's a 3mm wrench (open end). If you can't get one on the Hudy site, you can go to a local hardware store and pick one up.
Old 02-23-2003, 05:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Well I'm not a beginner, but the raycer seems pretty cool. I'm just not thrilled with dropping $330 on a car. What spares to you suggest getting. I know some arms, but what other stuff commonly breaks on the car?
Old 02-23-2003, 05:36 PM
Tech Adept

Yeah I knew it was 3mm in size but I am having a heck of a time finding a wrench that small. Even Snap-On tools only list a wrench that goes to 3.2mm. Is the lundsford wrench 3mm? Probably not since its a US company. No biggie..the search will continue

Thanks
Matt
Old 02-23-2003, 05:57 PM
Tech Adept

Please disregard I broke down and gave the Hudy E-shop another chance
Old 02-24-2003, 06:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by littledog
HHHUUUUMMMM!!!,I have never run into any problems with my shocks.Well come to think about it .I did run into a problem with them when I originaly built them new from box.I took the SOBes apart and took the clicker crude out and replaced the plastic bodies withe the alu ones and have no other problems since.

No, it is not the shock body that causes leaking problem. The things that might be the culprit are the bladder and o-ring.
I spoke to Mario Hudy, and he suggested to first check the top bladder when rebuilding the shocks.

I too prefer fixed to the clicker just one less thing to mess around.
Old 02-24-2003, 07:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Shock leaks....

Problem solved....
I switched all my shock to the threaded TC3 shocks.
Old 02-24-2003, 03:18 PM
sup
Tech Addict

guys, i need some advice.. i am new to rc and was looking around for kits and stuff to begin rc. well, i found some kits offered to me: tc3 team kit and a xray t1. would just like to ask your advice regarding which kit to choose? will it be the tc3 team kit or the xray t1? oh, the xray t1 has a spring steel hop-ups for the moving parts (what does this mean).

your advice and comments will be greatly appreciated. thanks!
Old 02-24-2003, 03:24 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by sup
guys, i need some advice.. i am new to rc and was looking around for kits and stuff to begin rc. well, i found some kits offered to me: tc3 team kit and a xray t1. would just like to ask your advice regarding which kit to choose? will it be the tc3 team kit or the xray t1? oh, the xray t1 has a spring steel hop-ups for the moving parts (what does this mean).

your advice and comments will be greatly appreciated. thanks!
get the Xray...
spring steel hop-ups will last forever. will take alot of abuse before you'll have to replace the parts. the Xray is more durable than the TC3. Very easy to break the arms on the TC3...Xray's built like a tank! Quality, workmanship, and materials are second to none on the Xray. You will not be dissappointed.!
Old 02-24-2003, 03:26 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by redsand
No, it is not the shock body that causes leaking problem. The things that might be the culprit are the bladder and o-ring.
I spoke to Mario Hudy, and he suggested to first check the top bladder when rebuilding the shocks.

I too prefer fixed to the clicker just one less thing to mess around.

Even with new bladders in place, aluminum shock bodies..they still leak. I did replace the bladders with one made by General Silicone...the leak did go away. I replaced all the shocks to TC3's
Old 02-24-2003, 03:31 PM
sup
Tech Addict

rc-zombie, considering that the xray t1 is an (relatively) older kit than the evo2, is it still worth it? will evo2 parts fit the t1 or will i have problems with parts in the future? thanks for the quick reply by the way..
Old 02-24-2003, 03:34 PM
Tech Champion

The T1 is still worth it...Evo2 parts will fit with no problems.
only major differences are the chassis and you will not have any broblem with parts in the future. When it's time to replace parts..just replace them with EVO2 parts.
Old 02-24-2003, 03:40 PM
sup
Tech Addict

ok rc-zombie.. thanks a lot! the truth is, i am leaning toward choosing the tc3 team kit already and suddenly, someone offered me this xray t1 kit. i guess i will be off thinking about this thoroughly.. will give an update on which kit i get. thanks again and other comments and suggestions are still welcome.
Old 02-24-2003, 03:42 PM
Tech Champion

I have both the Evo2 and TC3... Evo2 is faster!
Old 02-24-2003, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I think the tc3 is a little easier to setup for a newbie to the rc scene. The problem that I had was that is was definately not the most durable car. I put the rpm wide bumper on the front and this seem to help the problem. So just to start out with the tc3 is a good car.

Once you get into the rc scene, you will endup looking for another car. The tc3 gets boring to work on. Alot of the setup require you to buy new parts. Then you had to keep spare of all the different setups. It just got to be a pain to keep track of everything.

I just picked up an evo2 from zombie. and am still eagerly awaiting it's delivery, but from what I have been able to read and ask other about. This car has everything.

also as a newbie. support at your local track and lhs is a must. so look to see what everyone else drives.

just my $.02
Old 02-24-2003, 07:31 PM
Tech Regular

Hello X Ray dudes, After having my diff overtightened, i have replaced the rings, the balls with new carbide ones, and still the diff remians feeling like it has flat spots..

So my question is.. could this be the thrust bearing balls that have the flats? thanks

Rob Storey

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.