Novak Kinetic

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 08:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NovakTwo
We have just released info on our upcoming Kinetic Spec Controller and Systems:

TeamNovak Kinetic Spec ESC

The "street price" for the esc is 159.99; the Systems, 234.99.
if you need someone to "test" one in 21.5 at Carpets Nats, I'm your guy
Old 02-02-2011, 07:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (96%+)

Incase anyones looking for one I have one for sale here http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...netic-gtb.html
Old 02-02-2011, 08:02 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by skypilot
if you need someone to "test" one in 21.5 at Carpets Nats, I'm your guy
Shoot [email protected] an email with your "offer"....He handles Novak's race/team projects.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:11 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by maxepower
Question,
Is the footprint of the new GTB 2 the same as the Havoc ESC? I got a Havoc to put in my TA-05 V2 and it won't fit! I'd like to get the GTB V2 but I want to make sure it will fit in my chassis?
Thanks in advance!
Here is our ESC Spec Chart listing all of our controllers:

TeamNovak ESC Spec Chart

The GTB2 case is slightly smaller, but probably not enough to make a difference for you. If the esc's height is your issue (and you will be running the GTB2 on a spec motor), you can install our low-profile heat sink, for a more compact fit.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:23 AM
Company Representative

The Kinetic Spec has a recommended 8.5T (540), 5.5T (550) motor limit, low-profile heat sink, smaller TransCap module, no cooling fan, no motor rotation option, and a different BEC. Geared more for higher wind, spec motors which do not require the same options necessary for the Kinetic 2S, with a 3.5T (540), 4.5T (550) motor limit.

Our Kinetics (1S and 2S) are fully-optioned, racing controllers. our Kinetic Specs, more affordable and geared for spec racing.

Originally Posted by macdude
This looks like it will be the controller to have. The price is right. The only question that I have is why did they eliminate motor rotation selection and current limit? Everything else seems to be the same. Is their an actual physical difference that prevents these functions? Seems like both of those functions are a software thing.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:51 AM
Tech Champion

Shoot [email protected] an email with your "offer"....He handles Novak's race/team projects.
Will do.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:12 AM
Tech Adept

Ritchie this might be the one to have for carpet nats!!! its a little lighter. not to happy with the NRamping format. I was looking foreward to showing that Novak is a Player in the ramping world!! our local track has had a solid NR 17.5 class and the Kinetic/Ballistic combo has been shockingly fast!!!
Old 02-02-2011, 10:21 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by ed517
Ritchie this might be the one to have for carpet nats!!! its a little lighter. not to happy with the NRamping format. I was looking foreward to showing that Novak is a Player in the ramping world!! our local track has had a solid NR 17.5 class and the Kinetic/Ballistic combo has been shockingly fast!!!
Ed, can you describe "NRamping". And, how the Kinetics fit in.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I am pretty sure that he is talking about zero timing class. Although I could be wrong.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

The Kinetic Spec has a recommended 8.5T (540), 5.5T (550) motor limit, low-profile heat sink, smaller TransCap module, no cooling fan, no motor rotation option, and a different BEC. Geared more for higher wind, spec motors which do not require the same options necessary for the Kinetic 2S, with a 3.5T (540), 4.5T (550) motor limit.

Our Kinetics (1S and 2S) are fully-optioned, racing controllers. our Kinetic Specs, more affordable and geared for spec racing.
Not to be a pain, but I can read the specs listed on your site. I was more interested in the physical differences that prevented reversing the direction of the motor and limiting the current. As both these seem to me be like software things. And to be competitive I would expect the same functions with just a motor limit kind of like some other company that has a pro and non pro version of their controller that will remain nameless.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:14 PM
Tech Adept

Sorry NovakTwo, i was refering to the fact that the 2011 carpet nationals are nonramping for 17.5. I was looking foreward to putting the ESC's true performance(ramping) to use!! i have also run the Kinetic with 0 timing aka "non ramping". in an effort to get a feel and set-up for the carpet nats. the spec kinetic is appealing for spec due to the fact it is slightly lighter and comes with the smaller cap(price is def right) and should easly Best any other speedo on the track!!

Last edited by ed517; 02-02-2011 at 01:24 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:23 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by macdude
Not to be a pain, but I can read the specs listed on your site. I was more interested in the physical differences that prevented reversing the direction of the motor and limiting the current. As both these seem to me be like software things. And to be competitive I would expect the same functions with just a motor limit kind of like some other company that has a pro and non pro version of their controller that will remain nameless.
Our unique, current limiter requires (costly) hardware as well as the firmware/software; the Kinetic 2S is available for racers, who must have CL. I have asked that a more complete explanation of our CL be added to this thread. Adnan just informed me that motor rotation will be offered in the KSpec---we will update our product page.

The Kinetic Spec on-resistance is exactly the same as the K2S/1S, so we did not eliminate MOSFETs, or use higher RDS-on devices, for our Spec version---which is (traditionally) what other mfgs do in order to lower costs for their "Spec" controllers.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:39 PM
Tech Champion

Thanks Ed. We run the no timing classes here and I have been using the standard esc for .that. imo if there are to be all none ramping classes and they want to.demo 21.5 then they should have swapped 13.5 in for 17.5. But that's another discussion. See you in a few weeks.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by escman
Quote: Originally Posted by aegiswa Thanks for the update Adnan - will that be a minor update (1.4.1) or major (1.5) just curious. Over all this version of NovaLink is a great product and the firmware has been working great too - I am doing the upgrades and bigger things from my home desktop (btw: works great on Windows 7 64bit) and using the Netbook at the track for fine tuning when needed. It should be a minor update, we will have several in the next few months. We are also working on a completely automated installation program for the Nova Link to help reduce the pain of application installation on a PC. Adnan
Reduce the pain of application on a PC.. Pain is putting it lightly still wish you had a Mac version, or better yet an IPhone app!
Old 02-02-2011, 03:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Our unique, current limiter requires (costly) hardware as well as the firmware/software; the Kinetic 2S is available for racers, who must have CL. I have asked that a more complete explanation of our CL be added to this thread. Adnan just informed me that motor rotation will be offered in the KSpec---we will update our product page.

The Kinetic Spec on-resistance is exactly the same as the K2S/1S, so we did not eliminate MOSFETs, or use higher RDS-on devices, for our Spec version---which is (traditionally) what other mfgs do in order to lower costs for their "Spec" controllers.
Thanks for the explanation as I also notice the on resistance was the same. I just though there might have been some other reason for the lack of current limit feature. I have the 2S version and it is working well for my son in SC indoor racing. Still have can't get the RPM range to change but the timing curve has been supplementing for now. I already have the spec version pre-ordered so I can test it out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.