Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Novak Kinetic

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 12:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Taken off the Kinetic 1s press release......

"Moreover, Novak added a timing indicator LED, which will illuminate white whenever timing is activated. This feature is approved for ROAR Sportsman Class Racing, and will help aid club racing events that run timing and non-timing events."

Sounds like they have a designated ROAR approved profile setting for no-timing advance for the Sportsman class. All the other settings should allow for tuning for either Stock or Modified classes where timing advance is allowed.
Old 07-10-2010, 12:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin Koback

"Moreover, Novak added a timing indicator LED, which will illuminate white whenever timing is activated. This feature is approved for ROAR Sportsman Class Racing, and will help aid club racing events that run timing and non-timing events."

Sounds like they have a designated ROAR approved profile setting for no-timing advance for the Sportsman class. All the other settings should allow for tuning for either Stock or Modified classes where timing advance is allowed.

I read that too. But if you read NovakTwo's answer to my question #5 he says the opposite.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/7649262-post293.html

Either way I'm sure it will be good. But I'll be staying with what I have.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:11 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by PitNamedGordie
I read that too. But if you read NovakTwo's answer to my question #5 he says the opposite.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/7649262-post293.html

Either way I'm sure it will be good. But I'll be staying with what I have.
When I read "Stock Spec", I thought you meant a separate, (cheaper, higher on-resistance) Kinetic esc optimized for spec racing---compatible with higher wind motors .

Both Kinetics offer a Sportsman (ROAR) mode setting with no timing. When the timing LED is OFF, all timing is OFF.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:11 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Kevin Koback

Correct....
Old 07-12-2010, 07:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NovakTwo
When I read "Stock Spec", I thought you meant a separate, (cheaper, higher on-resistance) Kinetic esc optimized for spec racing---compatible with higher wind motors .

Both Kinetics offer a Sportsman (ROAR) mode setting with no timing. When the timing LED is OFF, all timing is OFF.
AHHH Thanks for clearing it up!
Old 07-12-2010, 08:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Can we expect the preset timing profiles to range from mild (0 advance) to wild (50 advance)? Or will we automatically need the NovaLink to really get any real performance out of it?
Old 07-12-2010, 09:47 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by sportpak
Can we expect the preset timing profiles to range from mild (0 advance) to wild (50 advance)? Or will we automatically need the NovaLink to really get any real performance out of it?
On the Kinetics, the on-board timing adjustments go from mild (-0-) to wild (55). The Havoc Pro SC has on-board (only) timing adjustments from zero (Sportsman) to:
(HP/SC) Novak's Dynamic Timing Advance™ increases the motor's RPM dynamically through the throttle band for higher speeds—eight on-board adjustments from 15° to 42°.
Next week I plan to have a listing of those additional options that you can only access using the NovaLink. Many racers will not need the PC programming to use the Kinetics successfully.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:51 PM
Tech Master

On the Kinetics, the on-board timing adjustments go from mild (-0-) to wild (55). The Havoc Pro SC has on-board (only) timing adjustments from zero (Sportsman) to:

Next week I plan to have a listing of those additional options that you can only access using the NovaLink. Many racers will not need the PC programming to use the Kinetics successfully.

Ah, very nice! I may just have to pre-order myself a 1S.
End of July still looking good?
Old 07-12-2010, 03:31 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by sportpak
Ah, very nice! I may just have to pre-order myself a 1S.
End of July still looking good?
July, for the 2S; August for the 1S.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

July, for the 2S; August for the 1S.
SWEET!!! Can't wait!!!!!!
Old 07-14-2010, 09:07 AM
Company Representative

We began shipping the Kinetic 2S controllers and the Kinetic/Ballistic Systems (10.5, 13.5, and 17.5) to our distributors yesterday.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:28 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

That's great. Are you planning on offering an upgrade program for GTB owners? I noticed that your trade up program doesn't currently have this option.... I was hoping it was because it wasn't available yet.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:32 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by NitroHigh
That's great. Are you planning on offering an upgrade program for GTB owners? I noticed that your trade up program doesn't currently have this option.... I was hoping it was because it wasn't available yet.
We generally add the Exchange/Upgrade options to our Trade-In program @4 months after we begin shipping the new items. When we can add them also depends on back-orders and component availability.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:35 PM
Tech Master

Novak has a PM...
Old 07-14-2010, 05:35 PM
Tech Adept

can you post what Dynamic Timing Advance does and what actual settings we'll get for timing and the ranges of values? From the website i can't see any differences to the competition and i really, really want some

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.