Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Novak Kinetic

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 02:58 PM
Tech Adept

Default Release date?

Is there any idea on a release date, I am getting ready to pull the trigger for a SPX. I race RCGT and need that timing advance profile! Can not wait too much longer before the next race? Anyone have any info?
Old 11-29-2009, 03:46 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bryan Kendall
The GTB works great for me in 17.5 rubber class. I have the timing turned all the way up on the novak 17.5. Why dont u like it?
How did u have the timing turned all the way up?
Old 11-30-2009, 08:20 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Do you anticipate this ESC being capable of competing with the Black Diamond? They're doing something nobody else has figured out, especially the updatable firmware crowd. Will Novak save the day?
Old 11-30-2009, 08:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jscamry
Does anyone know where or if I can find a video of the software which is used to adjust the motors with either the lrp spx or the kinetic? I wonder how difficult is it to adjust the timing and throttle and all.

Thanks,Jason.
LRP doesn't use a PC interface for profile adjustment (it's done using the buttons on the case), and I have yet to see good screenshots of the Kinetic's user interface. LRP adjustments aren't difficult, but keep the instructions handy.
Old 12-01-2009, 03:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by diha
How did u have the timing turned all the way up?
Ballistic motor, manual timing done on the motor.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xtraman122
Ballistic motor, manual timing done on the motor.
in a spec class man im telling u the havok pro w/ballistic motor is awesome ..i love it way more then an spx.......love the flow chart really glad they fixed the havok
Old 12-01-2009, 01:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

well, team drivers haven't even gotten any specs or release date on it yet, so im guessing it will be early jan before anything gets put out their, im sure it will be well worth the wait!
Old 12-01-2009, 02:39 PM
Tech Adept

I have was told by my local hobby shop in the Uk that it would be feb at the moment for them being avaliable
Old 12-01-2009, 02:47 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Do you anticipate this ESC being capable of competing with the Black Diamond? They're doing something nobody else has figured out, especially the updatable firmware crowd. Will Novak save the day?
+1
Old 12-01-2009, 08:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by jscamry
Right on, that is what I was debating either the kinetic or the new lrp. I need to look into the speed passion. Does anyone know where or if I can find a video of the software which is used to adjust the motors with either the lrp spx or the kinetic? I wonder how difficult is it to adjust the timing and throttle and all.

Thanks,Jason.
I would go with the Novak. I have had problems with the LRP SPX I had one DOA out the box and another the blow up after one run. I have used a GTB for 3 years with no problems. I have raced off-road and on road and it will still keep up. Thought I need something better and faster all I got was additional charges for shipping and handling to send the stuff back to get a replacement.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:01 AM
Company Representative

The timing adjustments on the Kinetic will be accessible through our One Touch™ button; you will not need your PC to change them.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

NovakTwo: what he said .... will it?
Old 12-03-2009, 07:52 AM
The Evicerator

It is our intention to ensure that the timing features work well in all applications, not just 2S, and that it runs competitively against what is currently available.

We are always evaluating the competition's products as a way to form benchmarks for us to meet/exceed.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:15 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Steve Weiss
It is our intention to ensure that the timing features work well in all applications, not just 2S, and that it runs competitively against what is currently available.

We are always evaluating the competition's products as a way to form benchmarks for us to meet/exceed.
Glad to hear it.

So in your guys' opinion, do you think it's possible to create a spec ESC profile with certain confines, and have it able to translate in a way that other manufacturers could follow? Sort of like how you guys helped design the guidelines for how spec motors are built. It just seems like this whole ESC game is escalating wildly out of control. And then there's this new LRP motor that seemingly can't be run with advanced timing ESC's. I have no idea what they've done, but it's a totally different game than any other motor I've tested. These are troubling times.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:21 AM
The Evicerator

I have had some informal conversations with representatives from other companies who would tend to agree that the escalation process is getting out of hand.

Spec speeds are much higher than they were ever intended on being, bunching up the speed differential between stock, super stock, and mod making all sorts of "problems" which have been discussed at length in other threads.

Even if the major manufacturers all "got on board" with some sort of drive profile limitations, there still need to be rules and guidelines that are enforcable... something that would fall on the plate of ROAR/IFMAR... and I'm not really so sure how excited they are about that sort of responsibility.

There is also always the possiblity that a smaller/less estabilished company who is not part of the major manufacturer's agreement or not bound by a specific sanctioning body's rules could come along and "break" the rules leaving us in a situation again where the escalation would come back into play.

On a personal level, I would like to see something done to limit the technology at some point, not so much that everyone's equipment will be exactly the same, but for the mere fact that it's getting very complicated and competative for your average racer to compete. I can see it forcing people away from the hobby because no one wants to have to invest in a new ESC every 3 months in an effort to just "keep up" ... also, with how the technology pushes the hardware to the limit, the chances of equipment failure goes up as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.