Wiki Posts
Search

XRAY T3

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 08:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChristopherKee
Nitro, that wasn't directed at you, nor did I infer anyone but myself was a fanboy. I quoted you because of the posted figures from Canada. My post wasn't a raging tirade either. It was calmly written with a genuine question at the end.

We have a race coming up on Dec 11 for the NEGS series here at the track in Gaithersburg MD. You are welcome to come down and meet me and understand there truly is no anger or malice behind my post. The post was merely to rebuke the posted "sales" data which, in my opinion, serves no other purpose then to cause further drama in an already drama filled thread.

And I'm not saying you are causing drama, just saying posting "5" in all Canada will tend to add to the drama.

Sorry this has been a misunderstanding on both of our parts.
But believe me when i told you, the distributor up here only sold 5 kits so far. Trust me, i love x-rays products , best tc in the world if you ask me, it`s just with whats going on with the t3 right now ( chassis )i was just a little gun shy on pulling the trigger on getting one of these bad boys. So i did order one yesterday, only to be told, that i`ll have to wait 2 weeks, why is that you say, simply because racers up here ( canada ) or as you guys say, internet engineers are all getting rubbed the wrong way by everyone readings what is going on with the t3. So i`m sorry my friend if i had offended you, but i`m just stating the facts as to how much the distributor up here told us how much of the t3 he had sold up to yesterday. Its too bad though, on sunday i`ve seen one if not the fastest run ever of a tc car in 17.5 ever on my home track, and you know what it was a t3.
And best of all, he can through unscaved.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Wow, two people misunderstanding each other, apologizing, and straightening it out on RCTech; awesome and completely rare.

Hat's off to both of you (nitro and Kee).
Old 12-02-2009, 08:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

BTW nice track you run at there chriskee.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:03 AM
Tech Elite

Maybe some of the racers bought their cars off webshops? I would be happy to know they sold 100 of the T2 009 in Australia. At the moment the only T3s in the country are private imports and I am pretty sure it's just a handful. My own 007 came from a shop in Canada (brand new). Come to think of it, the poor bugger travelled all the way around the world to get here.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by or8ital
What % of cars in your area are '009s? More than 58 in one area seems like a lot. Heck I would guess there are probably less than 200 active competitive TC racers in Ohio and Xray's are in the big minority in this area. That many in one area is certainly impressive! No problems getting setup help or finding spare parts. Im jealous. As of now no T3s in our area. Me and a friend ordered them a few weeks ago and we are still waiting on them. We will be the first in the area to have them that I am aware of.
Yes, we have some of the top drivers in the US all stuck here in the North East area. And out of all the racers in my area who own Xray, I would say 2% actually post or read RC tech.

If you want some fun racing with lots of Xray drivers you should participate in these races. They are 3 day weekend races with high quality drivers. One is coming to a track in Ohio.

http://www.northeastgrandslam.com/

Halloween Classic (Done)
Oct 30 - Nov 1, 2009
The Gate – Strongsville Holiday Inn Cleveland, OH *
Round 1

Holiday Challenge (Soon!!)
Dec 11-13, 2009
THE TRACK – Gaithersburg, MD
Round 2

Carpet Mayhem
Jan 15-17, 2010
Tri-State Hobbies – Hamilton, OH
Round 3

Capitol Carpet Challenge
Feb 19-21, 2010
FastCats - Oakville, ON
Round 4 AWARDS Presentation
Old 12-02-2009, 09:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I was at the Classic and will be at the Tri-State race (my home track). There were actually not a ton of Xrays at the Classic from what I saw. Unfortunately won't be able to make the MD race but planning on going to the Fastcats race.

So is your track about 90% X-ray or do you have hundreds of TC racers?
Old 12-02-2009, 09:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Does anyone care to share any good setup sheets for the T3 EU on low traction carpet? My car is running pretty decent but the back end is still loose both on and off throttle.

Here is my current setup.

Shock oil - 45 front, 30 rear (edited to correct)
Springs - 17.5 front (white), 15 lb rear (blue-green)
Shocks middle hole upper, outer hole lower (on rear)
Clicker on number 3 all the way around
Camber - 2.25
Toe in - 0.5 degrees front, 3 degrees rear
Ride height - 5mm
Droop - 3mm rear, 2.5 mm front
Multiflex - soft medium
Anti-Roll bar - front only - 1.4mm
Roll Center - Zero
Gearing - 39/96 - slowing it down a little to see if I can control it better
Quick Roll Center - position 3 front and rear
Rear uprights - inner hole
Tires - Sorex 28's
17.5 w/ 39/96 gearing.

I am thinking about trying these changes for this coming weekend, think they will help any?

2mm shim on front shocks
Change rear quick roll to position 1
Downstops - front 6.5, rear 5.5
Camber - front 2.5, rear 3
Old 12-02-2009, 09:25 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by lowcel
Does anyone care to share any good setup sheets for the T3 EU on low traction carpet? My car is running pretty decent but the back end is still loose both on and off throttle.

Here is my current setup.

Shock oil - 30 front, 45 rear
Springs - 17.5 front (white), 15 lb rear (blue-green)
Shocks middle hole upper, outer hole lower (on rear)
Clicker on number 3 all the way around
Camber - 2.25
Toe in - 0.5 degrees
Ride height - 5mm
Droop - 3mm rear, 2.5 mm front
Multiflex - soft medium
Anti-Roll bar - front only - 1.4mm
Roll Center - Zero
Gearing - 39/96 - slowing it down a little to see if I can control it better
Quick Roll Center - position 3 front and rear
Rear uprights - inner hole
Tires - Sorex 28's
17.5 w/ 39/96 gearing.

I am thinking about trying these changes for this coming weekend, think they will help any?

2mm shim on front shocks
Change rear quick roll to position 1
Downstops - front 6.5, rear 5.5
Camber - front 2.5, rear 3
You should have heavier weight shock oil in the front vs the rear. The toe-in is that your front toe? What is your rear toe? Is the camber listed for all tires?
Old 12-02-2009, 09:29 AM
Tech Master

You should have heavier weight shock oil in the front vs the rear. The toe-in is that your front toe? What is your rear toe? Is the camber listed for all tires?
Thanks, I typed that wrong. It is 45/30 (front/rear). The toe in is front, rear toe in is what the book said to start at, I believe 3 degrees. Camber was/is 2.25 for all wheels.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:33 AM
Tech Champion

Thanks, I typed that wrong. It is 45/30 (front/rear). The toe in is front, rear toe in is what the book said to start at, I believe 3 degrees. Camber was/is 2.25 for all wheels.
How loose is it? Spinning out or just have too much steering?
Old 12-02-2009, 09:46 AM
Tech Master

How loose is it? Spinning out or just have too much steering?
Spinning out. Here is a quick drawing of our track.

I am mainly losing it at the top left at the chicane and in the long sweeper on the right side after the straight stretch.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:48 AM
Tech Champion

Spinning out. Here is a quick drawing of our track.
Just to verify -- you have set the left/right balance and un-tweaked the car? Symptons of a tweaked or unbalanced car would be spinning out in one direction but not the other.

I like my cars a little loose. Have you tried just dialing out a little steering on the radio? or a little less tire dope on the front tires. How much you got upfront?

Is that seriously the layout?? You OVRCCC guys are killing me.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:59 AM
Tech Master

Just to verify -- you have set the left/right balance and un-tweaked the car? Symptons of a tweaked or unbalanced car would be spinning out in one direction but not the other.

I like my cars a little loose. Have you tried just dialing out a little steering on the radio? or a little less tire dope on the front tires. How much you got upfront?

Is that seriously the layout?? You OVRCCC guys are killing me.
That is basicly the layout for another week. We are making the track larger starting this coming Sunday after the races and working Monday - Thursday evenings next week. I believe the "new" carpet was purchased from a track up your way.

I have my steering turned down to about 80% but I will try a little less and try leaving the sauce on the front tires a shorter period of time. Maybe that will do it.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:05 AM
Tech Champion

That is basicly the layout for another week. We are making the track larger starting this coming Sunday after the races and working Monday - Thursday evenings next week. I believe the "new" carpet was purchased from a track up your way.

I have my steering turned down to about 80% but I will try a little less and try leaving the sauce on the front tires a shorter period of time. Maybe that will do it.
I should have let you know I don't yet have a T3 so all my suggestions are a guess. But your setup doesn't look too out of line with a typical TC setup. Maybe a little more camber than most would run. I would just turn the steering down a bit. Also if you are doping the whole front tires just try the inner half or third.

Yeah I think Speedy Bill got Tri-States old carpet. It will be low-med grip like your existing carpet.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

nice drawing bruce...lol

-DC-

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.