Wiki Posts
Search

XRAY T3

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 04:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default I was told that..

only 58 XrayT2009s were sold in the US. My guess is that they won't admit to this one.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCknight
only 58 XrayT2009s were sold in the US. My guess is that they won't admit to this one.
58? I find that hard to believe. Where'd that number come from?
Old 12-02-2009, 05:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

This can't be right, but if it is, we have about 6 at our local track.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Came from a rep at my local Hobby store...

who saw the numbers of sold Xrays. I was surprised. My guess is the T3 will be even worse judging by people's responds.

Personally, I was disappointed with the T3 design. I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but I think their design was not impressive enough to be called a T3. Think about this.

If Xray would have designed these features into the T3 like 416X blocks, tie rod adjustments, single attached steering crank and vertical motor mount screws, you could have accomplish several beneficial design aspects including removing weight.

With TC4, HPI pro, 416x, BD5, many others, it's much easier to change roll center with shims. Changing roll center on an Xray sucks, it's not as efficient, trying to keep everything together is not the easiest way.

Also it makes no sense to me to have the hinge pin higher than the arm? Could anyone explain that design feature other than adding undesired stress leverage on the parts?

Anyway, with a little thought, plastic shims could be color coated to recognize and redesigned to be installed easier. The plastic could help with vibration as well, but you could also open the shim holes, one on the end and other lengthwise for fast installation. Xray is normally good with these type of details, but they dropped the ball there to stick out.

It would stiffen up both ends of the car which would help with dead corner speed. Heck, Xray even made an option part just for this problem. The biggest reason I see for this change would be to stiffen up the chassis to remove other potential tweak areas. Chassis and upper deck standoffs.

Xray did raise the upper deck which should make the chassis stiffer. So hacing a narrower and sleeker upper deck may help put the servo closer to the center for balance. I don't get why they added standoffs? Bad engineering in my opinion. Adjusting most of the chassis flex should be done through the upper deck design. Xray did a great job of making it flex even from side to side with their design, but why not design most of the flex through the upper deck? It makes the most sense to me.

Chassis posts should have been the last thing to be used in stiffening the chassis. Removing them when at all possible should be the goal. That's why I don't think you seen them on the newest TCs.

No Xray still has something to learn from these other car companies. This type of engineering thinking makes the most sense to me.

Adjustable tie rods with simple shims. Do I need to say anything else? More possibilities. They could even color coat them as well, adding another little nice feature. It's as simple as cutting a new diff braces. It would also remove them from the shock towers and possibly remove more weight.

The 416 and BD5 also have steering cranks that are not attached to the upper deck. I believe they do this to eliminate a potential tweak area. I love Xray's steering crank, but why not make a single post to remove this issue? It could be lighter than the competitions, also you could remove the center post and not create "Dead Steer" from chassis flex. Besides, who would like to see an aluminum steering crank in a luxury touring car, right? lol

I really think Xray could of had had record sales if they would have also used these common design features that are also on cars that have won a worlds title. lol Along with their quality, there other great features, this would have put them over the top in my opinion. I guess we will see what they do.

Last edited by RCknight; 12-02-2009 at 07:19 AM. Reason: added comments
Old 12-02-2009, 05:55 AM
Tech Elite

Sounds like sales rep BS to me, was he by any chance trying to sell a competitors product at this time

They sold hundreds in the UK and the US is a bigger market.

Skiddins
Old 12-02-2009, 06:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Sounds low to me but I bet the number is a lot lower than some people think. I'm sure its in the hundreds and not in the thousands. Though 58 outside of team drivers might not be far off. Seems like most of the people I see with Xray's in this area have some sort of deal with them.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by or8ital
Sounds low to me but I bet the number is a lot lower than some people think. I'm sure its in the hundreds and not in the thousands. Though 58 outside of team drivers might not be far off. Seems like most of the people I see with Xray's in this area have some sort of deal with them.
I know of at least 5 that were purchased, somebody a couple posts up knows 6. That makes up for 1/5 of the 58. I'd agree with you that it's in the hundreds not thousands, but definitely more than 58.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lbckevin
We had 5 of the new T3's racing tonight. All cars are in perfect condition and doing well. We race at www.Westcoastrcraceway.com.

Alot of guys hitting walls, chicanes, boards and no chassis problems. I think some of the guys are driving over their skill level with the car and crashing way too hard. Drive within your limits and save a chassis at the same time.
what I can say is good luck to you and ur team mate...hopefully you are not the next victim...previously my both club mate also not believe on that...
Old 12-02-2009, 07:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well to tell you the truth, i live in canada BTW and from what i heard, the canadian distributor of X-ray has only sold 5 kits so far. I don`t know if everyone is holding on to their money like misers or what, but it just seems that what is going on with the t3 right now seems to have a negative impact on the t3 sales right now, at least up here in the great white north.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitro ho
Well to tell you the truth, i live in canada BTW and from what i heard, the canadian distributor of X-ray has only sold 5 kits so far. I don`t know if everyone is holding on to their money like misers or what, but it just seems that what is going on with the t3 right now seems to have a negative impact on the t3 sales right now, at least up here in the great white north.
My local race area owns more than 58 009's.

This last weekend with a small crowd we posted these cars in the A Mains alone, 12 T3's and 5 T2's. The B-Main in 17.5 was 8 Xray T3/T2 and 1 Losi 1 TC5. We also had 4 009's that didn't race and just sat there to practice. Off the top of my head I can count 10-12 more 009/T3 owners who were out of town and couldn't race.

You guys really need to get your sales figures correct and stop the hate mongering. I'm not trying to be a fanboy but I do not understand what you are trying to accomplish by posting incorrect figures? Did Xray hurt your feelings?

Here, I included a video so you can watch them go around the track and not break.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChristopherKee
To RCKnight, My local race area owns more then 58 009's.

This last weekend with a small crowd we posted these cars in the A Mains alone, 12 T3's and 5 T2's. The B-Main in 17.5 was 8 Xray T3/T2 and 1 Losi 1 TC5. We also had 4 009's that didn't race and just sat there to practice.

You guys really need to get your sales figures correct and stop the hate mongering. I'm not trying to be a fanboy but I do not understand what you are trying to accomplish by posting incorrect figures? Did Xray hurt your feelings?
No one`s on here trying to be a fan boy, i`m just stating the facts that up here in canada. It just seems that, with the problems the t3 has, it somehow seems to be having a negative effect on the sales of the t3. I never did come on here and bash the t3, infact just yesterday i ordered the t3 and was told by the distributor that i`ll have to wait 2 weeks to pick her up.

And BTW x-ray didn`t hurt my feelings, you on the other hand seem to have your blood too close to you skin. Touchy Touchy little boy.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

No one`s on here trying to be a fan boy, i`m just stating the facts that up here in canada. It just seems that, with the problems the t3 has, it somehow seems to be having a negative effect on the sales of the t3. I never did come on here and bash the t3, infact just yesterday i ordered the t3 and was told by the distributor that i`ll have to wait 2 weeks to pick her up.

And BTW x-ray didn`t hurt my feelings, you on the other hand seem to have your blood too close to you skin. Touchy Touchy little boy.
Nitro, that wasn't directed at you, nor did I infer anyone but myself was a fanboy. I quoted you because of the posted figures from Canada. My post wasn't a raging tirade either. It was calmly written with a genuine question at the end.

We have a race coming up on Dec 11 for the NEGS series here at the track in Gaithersburg MD. You are welcome to come down and meet me and understand there truly is no anger or malice behind my post. The post was merely to rebuke the posted "sales" data which, in my opinion, serves no other purpose then to cause further drama in an already drama filled thread.

And I'm not saying you are causing drama, just saying posting "5" in all Canada will tend to add to the drama.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

What % of cars in your area are '009s? More than 58 in one area seems like a lot. Heck I would guess there are probably less than 200 active competitive TC racers in Ohio and Xray's are in the big minority in this area. That many in one area is certainly impressive! No problems getting setup help or finding spare parts. Im jealous. As of now no T3s in our area. Me and a friend ordered them a few weeks ago and we are still waiting on them. We will be the first in the area to have them that I am aware of.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:35 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Sorry but this is far from the truth. The 1st batch of T3's pretty much pre sold before the order got here. The left overs ( for stock) sold out the following week. And now the second order is also approaching being sold out and it is not even here yet.

We had multiple dealers in Canada order more then 5 kits...LOL in fact next to the original T2 we have not had a better car launch as far as kit sales #'s

The only thing that has changed is the sales ratio, 90% of Canada is running rubber tire now, the other 10% is foam. The demand is for rubber cars. We of course stock the foam kit but at the ratio I listed.

On another note.

With such a good release of the 1st batch, I am happy and releived to report that we have not heard of a chassis break ( knock on wood) I am sure racers that are on the fence are waiting to see how this plays out in the long run but it tells me racers in Canada are happy with the T3.

Thanks

Korgae

XRAY Canada
Old 12-02-2009, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Nitro,

Christopher Kee is genuine in his words and he doesn't instill any anger or anything. He does like to raise questions and make people think, which is a virtue of his in my opinion.

If you read his post, he was not directing any attacks towards you. Just the numbers of sold kits.

I have a T3 myself and suffered a nasty crash into a barrier during a first time real run and my car is fine. No chassis tweak, no screws pulled through the chassis (from what I saw), and things were where they should be. Just follow Xray's tip on their site and you will be fine. Also, you may want to look into that chassis fix part as well that Xray is handing out to people.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.