Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1568Likes

Pro 10: 235mm Le Mans Prototype Pan Car Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 12:58 PM
Tech Master

With more timing you will create more heat when not used propperly. Instead of using timing to get less torque i would prefer to adjust your throttle expo to get more drivability in slow corners and on the straight you can hammer the throttle.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:59 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 2wdrive
With more timing you will create more heat when not used propperly. Instead of using timing to get less torque i would prefer to adjust your throttle expo to get more drivability in slow corners and on the straight you can hammer the throttle.
Yeah, I set my throttle expo to -85 also steering to -60 or so. What tyres are people using? I have heard that Exceed are going to be making Pan car tyres soon, do you think they will be any good?
Old 03-09-2010, 10:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Been a great read, just wish we ran them in australia Leigh
Old 03-09-2010, 10:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

what's stopping you from taking it out during a break and putting a few laps on one and showing it off for everybody?
Old 03-15-2010, 03:52 AM
Tech Addict

Do you guys know about a rubber tire with treads?
Old 03-15-2010, 05:27 AM
Tech Master

you might want to ask that in a tc thread. Pancars on rubber tires won't work that well except when there is rain. Then you can run rubber tire caps on foamtires.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by JIM1
I have heard that Exceed are going to be making Pan car tyres soon, do you think they will be any good?
They are available here already... Xceed is using JACO rubber on the JACO carbonprint wheels first so the quality will be the same as JACO. For what I have heard Xceed will lateron come with there own design wheel & rubber like they did on the 12th scale wheels...

So Xceed is good to race with...
Old 03-15-2010, 09:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by JIM1
My local club alows Pro10's to race in the same class as the GT10/WorldGT without any restrictions!.
Pro10 is still pretty dead in the UK but the 200mm class has started to gain some following but the ones at my club are just so damn slow as they are running stock motors with others running 1s.
Well... Somebody has to be the first and I will tell you, keep on driving your Pro10. If you have to race inbetween the 200mm WGT cars, why not run the Pro10 with a 13.5 & 2s lipo? And try to get more racers excited for driving Pro10. After you have enough racers you can go back to driving 10.5 & 2s Lipo... If more and more countries adapt this then by itself, the class will become more and more popular but everywhere there have to be some pioneers that will pick it up to get the "monkey see, monkey do" effect.

It went down exactly that way at my local track in Heemstede (MACH). I was the first again with a Pro10 there and after a season we had a class in our local championship so keep it up and the class will be risen from the coma again just like 12th scale a couple of years ago...
Old 03-16-2010, 01:53 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Joost K.
Well... Somebody has to be the first and I will tell you, keep on driving your Pro10. If you have to race inbetween the 200mm WGT cars, why not run the Pro10 with a 13.5 & 2s lipo? And try to get more racers excited for driving Pro10. After you have enough racers you can go back to driving 10.5 & 2s Lipo... If more and more countries adapt this then by itself, the class will become more and more popular but everywhere there have to be some pioneers that will pick it up to get the "monkey see, monkey do" effect.

It went down exactly that way at my local track in Heemstede (MACH). I was the first again with a Pro10 there and after a season we had a class in our local championship so keep it up and the class will be risen from the coma again just like 12th scale a couple of years ago...
My Pro10 is going to be hitting the track as much as possible this year, I can't wait for Corally to release their new 10x side link lipo car. I will ditch my CRC as the parts backup is rubbish.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:21 PM
Tech Master

Hi guys, here's a quick of my corally Pro10 going around our local indoor track. I was running a 19t motor at the time (last summer) but have recently modified the car to fit a brushless system in it. Should be fun on the outdoor track!

http://www.youtube.com/user/2wingman2#p/u/6/_2qqQKQ6hZo

Cheers!
Old 03-30-2010, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

JS Pro 10 kit on CRC Gen X 10, Complete Car

For the first time this complete car is available at Stranahan RC. Here is a link to a web page with a 10 photo description of the car.

http://www.stranahan-rc.com/JSPro10.html

Here are some of the nice features borrowed from that page.

The finest from Stranahan-RC and CRC are combined here to make the ultimate 235 mm wide pan car. Features include:
  • Dual A-arm front suspension for more steering precision, more cornering grip, fully dampened for no blowovers.
  • 3-link Rear Suspension, for better forward traction, better traction through the bumps, more cornering traction.
  • Wide Pan Axle with standard left side dual clamp hub for lower rotating mass
  • Low center of gravity front arms.
  • Panhard bar controls side to side movement with very low friction for an extremely supple pod in roll.
  • Stranahan-RC Nerf wings protect the rear axle. New 2.0 mm thickness for light weight.
  • Customized RPM Nylon front bumper has the ideal bumper material for trouble free racing. The short length is front diffuser friendly in case the use decides to add one to the body. The bumper includes to forward body post holes.
  • 3mm pod height can be used for ultra low pod center of gravity.
  • Fully Dampened on all four corners. Four tires - four shocks.
  • No more hinged middle section to drag the track and needlessly rotate the motor can with bump.
  • CRC deluxe battery trays from the Losi JRXS for easy, from the bottom, ultra secure battery install.
  • CRC fully adjustable Servo mount plate and Servo Mounts.
  • Easily adjustable front roll center by changing spacer position on the kingpin.
  • Typical pan car like adjustment of camber and caster.
  • Camber adjustments no longer change the roll center.
  • CRC pivot ball tension adjusters on lower arm
  • Antisquat is now adjustable giving you better forward traction than typical pan cars, by changing the height of the side link forwqrd pivots or upper links rear pivot.
  • Track Attack carbide diff balls
  • Kimbrough 90 tooth 48 pitch spur
  • Hand assembled by me. Loctite and steel screws where appropriate. Aluminum screws only where they hold up.
  • Suggested Electronics and tires, LRP SPX8, LRP X12 Geared 13 or 14 tooth. Futaba BLS 451 brushless high speed servo, Thunder Power 2S LiPo 5200 50 C battery pack. BSR purple fronts and BSR pink rears.
No finer wide pan cars are made or sold anywhere. This model cut about 1.3 seconds off my best lap time with a standard pan at www.MikesHobbyShop.com Home of the 1/10 2010 IC worlds.

• Blowovers are eliminated with the dampened front end even with powerfull 3.5 motors.
  • This car was 4 mph faster at the end of our straight than a identically equipped T-plate car. It is that much better through the bumps. It is reaching 65 mph on the present asphalt.
  • In high traction there are few nitros that are faster in lap times or straightaway speed. Electric touring cars are dominated.
  • In medium traction it does much better than a standard pan due to good antisquat and a supple suspension front and back. Four wheel drive does have a slight edge here.
Attached Thumbnails
Old 04-04-2010, 12:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

http://www.redrc.net/2010/04/hms-gro...ll/#more-29703
Old 04-13-2010, 06:40 AM
Tech Regular

are there anyother car makers available in the US that make 235mm pro10 chassis kits? other than CRC i mean...

i poked around on the corally site but they dont seem to make them anymore...

thanks!
Old 04-13-2010, 07:29 AM

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Corally still makes the New Generation 10X:
http://www.corally.com/anubizz/coral...FSName=Corally
Old 04-13-2010, 07:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I sell a deluxe wide pan
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...-new-post.html

I have a couple of used copies for sale at the moment at a good price.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ml#post7266220

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.