Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Team CRC Gen-XL

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 11:32 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JayL
You got one? I just picked mine up That's already a class!
double post dang computer
Old 11-19-2009, 11:32 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JayL
You got one? I just picked mine up That's already a class!
I got one and my SPX will go in, just need a one cell battery and booster!!
Now you have a red 12th scale it is time to change the blue sedan to a red one!!
Old 11-19-2009, 03:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Capt'N_Slow
Put dumper's setup on my gen-xl and since dropping it down on the track I have not changed a thing has been hooked since day 1. Thanks for posting your setup sheet.

Have noticed a couple of things and was wondering what the best way of tuning them out of the car would be. Run on CRC carpet but the track is bumpy.

1) At the end of the main straight there is a high speed sweeper. The inside right wheel likes to leave the track. (visibly from the drivers stand). Checked the front end and nothing is visibly broken when playing with it. Put a softer center spring in the car and added additional pre-load to the side springs without effect. Any other ideas?

2) I have noticed the front tires like to cone. I have gone up from -.25deg camber to -.50deg and it has gone away slightly but the car has become more edgy. Is this just a case of visiting the tire truer more often to get that same good feeling.
1) You can try heavier dampening in the tubes, or a stiffer front spring.

2) Add more camber, if the tires aren't wearing flat, you haven't optimised the front-end geometry, and you're really only using the part of the tire that you're wearing away.

Based on the fact that you feel the car is edgy with your current set-up, I'd start by increasing the tube lube viscosity, and also increasing front-camber, the tube lube should settle the car down to compensate for your increase in camber. If after making these changes it's still lifting, try a stiffer front spring.
Old 11-19-2009, 04:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by march to my own
Gas god.

Would there be an experienced racer at you're local track that could help you build the car? I hate to see people thrashing the Co. only to find out that they were wrong. ie servo not being centered...ie not having servo mounted correctly to fit speedo...
If you spent an eighth of the amount of time practicing that you spend complaining and calling out CRC you would be much better off.
not calling out or trashing anyone--been racing since 6 cell days--have Schreff ,fairtrace,Cuffs,Ivy,and many more-- some of the fastest guys on the east coast--at my local track.sO I think I know how to mount a freakin servo.
Who's makin a fuss-- I asked a simple question-- A
I never said I didn't like the car
Thanks Dumper and Crashby for the civil advice.

Last edited by GasGod; 11-19-2009 at 05:20 PM.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GasGod
I know -- I am talkin about the output shaft--It's off to the right a good mil or more.
If ya come ta horsham some time I'll show it to ya.
Another guy(low et on page 23) posted his was the same--Just checkin ta see if this was "normal"(I don't think so)or if the first batch had issues.Hate ta dremel up a new car right away--or does it even matter--I am by no means a Schreff or Larry---lol
I mounted mine in the wrong set of holes. Did you try flipping the servo and using the other two holes? The two pairs of holes have a different offset. Mine was way off until I flipped it. (Mine didn't come with instructions as it was a conversion, so I had to find out the hard way)
Old 11-20-2009, 06:33 AM
Tech Rookie

Default antenna mt

anybody know if the new xl antenna mount fits the gen-x?
Old 11-20-2009, 06:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I got to run mine last wknd and. Boy, its been at least 8 years since I last ran rc and I must confess that with these new chassis, batteries and electronics the game has changed. You are no longer chassing power, there is soo much torque with these new BL motors. All I need to do is concentrate on chassis setup. What a beautiful thing!

I built mine box stock except for shimming the Futaba 9650 fwd by 2mm to accomodate a center mount KO VFS-1 v1.5 speedy. Everything is centered pretty nice and tight.

The car components were all tweak free, straight out of the box. High quality plastic moldings, beaitfull CNC aluminum, and precise cut CF parts.

The new shocks are sick! No fuss easy to build and super smooth. Marvelous little gems. The diffs, man oh man, glass smooth.

Glad I am back to racing 1/12 with a CRC design. I debated over getting a AE T-bar car, since I figure I been so long that trailing arms would be hard, but no regrets now.
Old 11-21-2009, 08:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

cypress -

thanks for the advise! The car did not lift after changing up from 5k to 10k in the tubes.

Rotated the fronts as the LF was coning badly. After the change the LF is no longer loading as hard and is coning about at the same rate as the right.

Will toss the tires through the truer tonight to reset them. I will take 1/4 to 1/2 turn of preload out of the rear springs and go up from -.50deg to -1deg to remove the coning.
Old 11-22-2009, 02:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Capt'N_Slow
cypress -

thanks for the advise! The car did not lift after changing up from 5k to 10k in the tubes.

Rotated the fronts as the LF was coning badly. After the change the LF is no longer loading as hard and is coning about at the same rate as the right.

Will toss the tires through the truer tonight to reset them. I will take 1/4 to 1/2 turn of preload out of the rear springs and go up from -.50deg to -1deg to remove the coning.
No problem man, glad I could help.
Old 11-22-2009, 06:55 PM
Ty
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Need some suggestions for a car stand for my Gen-XL and my Gen-X10. I remember Trinity used to make a 1/12th scale hard foam car stand years ago. I have a Much More aluminum stand that had foam strips on top that are not grippy at all. I also have a Duratrax spinning car stand. I do not like either of them size or grip-wise for the 1/12th scale. Any suggestions guys?
Old 11-22-2009, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ty
Need some suggestions for a car stand for my Gen-XL and my Gen-X10. I remember Trinity used to make a 1/12th scale hard foam car stand years ago. I have a Much More aluminum stand that had foam strips on top that are not grippy at all. I also have a Duratrax spinning car stand. I do not like either of them size or grip-wise for the 1/12th scale. Any suggestions guys?
Replace the grip tape on the Much More stand with some tennis racquet grip tape. It will keep the car in place while you're saucing the tires or just wrenching on the car.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

On the weekend i placed 2nd at the Australian Nationals with the new car. It was very good, and considering i didnt even test it before the event it was very easy to set up. The car also works very well on asphalt. I think this car carries more corner speed than the old car. In case anyone was wondering i was using a 5000 40c intellect lipo with a 4.0 motor and booster. Made runtime pretty well. Only time i dumped was when the weather was at 42-46c(Air temp) Batteries were puffing up The car who came 1st was using Nimh.

All in all this car is very good and I look forward to running with it more.

Antoni
Old 11-23-2009, 09:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ty
check these out. a local guy at my track makes them. carbon fibre top plate with red anodized aluminium sides. perfect size and they look killer under the crc cars with all the red bling. i would not support it if i did not use em myself.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/colorado...3n-racing.html
Old 11-23-2009, 10:31 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

[QUOTE=sg1;6526091]3.5 front
44 tires black jaco (42mm max. CRC purple or Magenta, sidewalls glued)
1/2 to 1/4 traction action( no smell allowed)
50 springs
sure lube 1 king (30,000wt. on kingpins, 5000wt in tubes.)
1 mm front droop (maybe .005" droop, barely see light under stearing block)
long arm (short arms)
2 washers back (all washers back)
angle servo
3.5 mid
battery back (forward)
rs esc
red center with 30 losi (35wt, gold spring)
red side 1/4 turn then tweak (white, 1/2 turn preload)
4.0 rear
46 tires gray jaco ( 43mm max. CRC pink)
172 width
1.5 pod droop (max. 1mm droop)
17.5 express
speed 12b?

I added coments to the areas I run different from you in 17.5. My car turns very well and is consistant the whole run.
If you need corner speed and drive very aggressively try this setup. I may go from full to 3/4 throttle and that's it. This setup will be used at the Holloween Classic this weekend.
-Wayne[/QUOTE

What does lubing the king pins do for the handling of the car?
I'm very new to RC racing and this seems to be a trick I haven't heard of yet?
Any help would be appreciated..
Old 11-23-2009, 07:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Heavy lube on the front kingpins acts like dampening on your front suspension. Helps smooth out the car in the corners. Kinda messy tho, and you have to keep re-doing it every so often.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.