ABC Hobby MSeries v2i

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 11:39 PM
Tech Rookie

Default yomo

vis
Old 09-24-2009, 11:59 PM
Tech Adept

i like Kuya Dons suggestion of the fixed gear ratio tech after the race, there are enough racers at each of the series stops that you can pre-determine the proper ratios and go from there

also since there are issues with the "black" can...why not revert back to the silver can mabuchi's, why did we switch to the black cans in the 1st place?

all this open class and brushless talk is not gonna help the overall goal of this series...so IMHO scrap that!!! buy a 1/10 scale sedan

lets stick with the K I S S method as in Keep It Simple Stupid!!!

Old 09-25-2009, 12:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KandyRedCoi
Why did we switch to the black cans in the 1st place?
The main reason for the switch was because of the rigged silver cans.
Old 09-25-2009, 12:33 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by gtfour93
The main reason for the switch was because of the rigged silver cans.
oh wow...people were cheating? wtf?
Old 09-25-2009, 12:46 AM
Tech Regular

Last edited by revoTPR; 09-25-2009 at 03:30 PM.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default ABC sway bars

Revo - Can you post a picture of the sway bars on your Genetic? I wanted to see if the bars goes on the top or the bottom of the dog bone. Also the positioning of the bars because they are angled towards the tips. Salamat!
Old 09-25-2009, 01:05 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by revoTPR
went to the hand out motors (black cans) to keep everyone equal on motor.and also i believe some were caught with illegal silver cans in the first series. thats why we went with hand outs also.

as for the BL system...i believe we are headed for that....but i would like it to be an OPEn Class for the BL.... and keep the silver/black can class also which i would want to stay in.
OK 1st issue the motor concerns
silver cans = people "rigging" them
black cans = too inconsistent
maybe Charlie Bs suggestion of the 30T hpi motors would work no?

2nd issue, if there is a dying need for people to go all out and go brushless, sedan body dish wheels and i would have to agree i guess to start a so called "Open" class...but IMHO, there will be about 10 solid racers in this class, and eventually the cost will climb up and the class will die out anyway, so whats the point

anyway thats my .02
Old 09-25-2009, 01:31 AM
Tech Regular

Default Gus Sway Bar Position

Last edited by revoTPR; 09-25-2009 at 03:32 PM.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:36 AM
Tech Regular

Last edited by revoTPR; 09-25-2009 at 03:30 PM.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:41 AM
Tech Regular

Happy Birthday Jon DY!!
Old 09-25-2009, 02:01 AM
Tech Regular

Last edited by revoTPR; 09-25-2009 at 03:31 PM.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:47 AM
Tech Adept

Spoke to Patrick on the phone and he took it as constructive input for the ABC Series...that was my initial thoughts on my post.

Kuya P made me feel guilty talaga o

sorry i dint want to post it right away w/out speaking with Patrick.

But yes it is concerning the black can motor we have been using. at first i thought it was just me, but after speaking to other ABC guys found out we were all having the same issues.
Revo,
Your making it sound like everybody is having problem with our hand out motors!!!I know alot of racers with the same motor since race #1..WHY FEEL GUILTY?you can post anything you want here!!!
Old 09-25-2009, 05:53 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KandyRedCoi
OK 1st issue the motor concerns
silver cans = people "rigging" them
black cans = too inconsistent
maybe Charlie Bs suggestion of the 30T hpi motors would work no?

2nd issue, if there is a dying need for people to go all out and go brushless, sedan body dish wheels and i would have to agree i guess to start a so called "Open" class...but IMHO, there will be about 10 solid racers in this class, and eventually the cost will climb up and the class will die out anyway, so whats the point

anyway thats my .02

For brushless, i suggested the 21turn. It is the equivalent to a Mabuchi for speed. I wouldn't call it all out..just another option. I know people are scared of the "It will die out and be too competative". Well..come on now guys(and im not directing this to anyone) This is RACING...if the class dies, it is because people stop running that class...PERIOD.

We can all regulate what we run...so quit being scared of the "all out" thing. If i remember correctly, people were scared to run against the Atomic car..but at GLRC's 140' straight, my ABC was just as fast as the Atomic with ALL STOCK PARTS except for the springs...infact, Lee P SMOKED everyone with his ABC. I don't think putting a brushless will kill the class...a 17.5 or 13.5 will be overkill..but a 21.5 should be fine. Brushless didn't kill RCGT..it shouldn't kill the mini 4wd class. I mean...if it wasn;t meant to be competative, ABC wouldn't offer: C-fibe chassis, Spools, IFS suspension, Aluminum shocks...you get my point. Im down for anything guys...i didn't even break in my Black motor...so if that is still teh choice..i'll run it. Let's just not be afraid of technology or progress.

Have a great day peeps! I will be at Mazda today for practice..see ya all there!
Old 09-25-2009, 07:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Revo, your new Sunny body looks great! nice job with the vinyl Charlie.

This was supposed to be a fun low cost alternative to sedan racing so that the kid who won a car kit in a raffel can join in the fun. I can see this class heading for brushless and more $$$$

If the Black can motors only last a few races then you only need 2 for a 6 race series.

Lets keep it simple and promote ABC! after all we wouldn't be doing this if it wasn't for them...

Last edited by Deves; 09-27-2009 at 01:17 PM.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:10 AM
Tech Adept

kokoi....hmm i wonder, its been a minute since W coast was open...whens the last time u drove ur ABC? u must be jonesing it bad huh!
yes i am

Originally Posted by Deves
This was supposed to be a fun low cost alternative to sedan racing so that the kid who won a car kit in a raffel can join in the fun. I can see this class heading for brushless and more $$$$

If the Black can motors only last a few races then you only need 2 for a 6 race series.

Lets keep it simple and promote ABC! after all we wouldn't be doing this if it wasn't for them...
i agree, at least for me - i was not afraid of the competitiveness of the class but the fact that the low-cost aspect will be out the window once the class keeps getting tweaked and modified

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.