Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ABC Hobby MSeries v2i

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 06:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Nice job on the door lines Bing. Bastos!
Old 08-31-2009, 07:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarryN
We actually got the event recorded!! One of the regulars has everything on tape.

CHASE KICKED ASS with his ABC car and Porsche body. Props to him. I got bashed a couple times, and then my transponder stopped counting. But I wasn't going to win anyways. I barely got practice in. But I will say that the Toyota Levin 27M body is DAMN awesome! I was holding the throttle down the entire time. The body has GREAT down force and control. I just need to be a better driver.

Sure, the race was a blast minus main chassis broke in to 7 pieces and 3 pieces on the top deck. CF chasis just went in today but I won't be back to run at The Track until Nats is over.

My cuntryman wasn't that bad but a bit top heavy

Just picked the Levin also, looking forward to use it

On the side note, love all these photos posted by you guys - but boy you guys don't spare some love for mobile device users

Take forever to load a page with all the large images even on 3G network
Old 08-31-2009, 07:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Old Tech
Hey guys. I stopped by the track on Saturday to check out the ABC cars in full race trim. Had my son along with me. We had a great time, though due to the heat we didn't stay long. The ABC cars all looked great and ran well...looked like some fun racing going on. Also looked like the racers were having fun...which should be a given, but I think we know how that can go.

Anyway, I wanted to thank you guys for your hospitality. I was offered chairs by the race director, and was offered to share a little shade with the gentleman pitted against the fence at the end of the track...next to the "dugout" where my boy and I were standing.

I know a few of you from the micro days at So Cal...Akura, Deves, Mike R. I was going to stop by and say hello between the last round of qualifying and the mains, but my son was melting...said he needed a Sluprpee or something. Headed over to Ultimate to cool off...is it me, or does that place just keep getting bigger each time they move?!? Managed to keep the credit card from catching fire...this is one time it's not a bad thing that money is a little tight for us because I could've done some serious damage in that place!

Anywho, thanks to all of you for making us feel welcome.

Glenn
Hey Glenn, you should of come over and said Hi. It's been a long time..
Old 08-31-2009, 07:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thank you Patrick for the pics and putting on another great series for these cars.

I broke a front diff screw (The H.D.one) right before thr start of the mains . Thanks to JC for the help getting the diff back together fast. (the screw wouldn't start threading in the nut and I was starting to panic)

It was very hot and the sweat was running down my face in the main. 3 laps to go and a bead of sweat goes in my eye, the salt is stinging my eye and I go wide at the end of the sweeper and smack a board.

Still in the lead with the triple AAA roadside assitance vehicle catching me, Raff yells 58 seconds to go! can he hold on....here comes AAA I hold him off for another turn rapidly blinking trying to get the sweat out of my eye, I go a little wide in the infield turn and that"s all he needed AAA goes sailing by! It was a great race, I had a lot of fun! looking foward to the next one.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:49 PM
Tech Addict

Even the upgraded diff screw broke on you huh. You should have had the AAA truck give you a tow to the finish. Same thing happened to me with the standard diff screw breaking twice. I ran it without a screw for a while but finally decided to replace it with a front spool setup. We'll see how it runs for the next round.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Bing, nice Skyline. I will paint mine as soon as I get my Tamiya.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:53 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rorzzz
Bing, nice Skyline. I will paint mine as soon as I get my Tamiya.
You're finally joining the bandwagon. Buy TAMIYA!
Old 08-31-2009, 09:46 PM
Tech Regular

Last edited by revoTPR; 09-25-2009 at 03:55 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gtfour93
You're finally joining the bandwagon. Buy TAMIYA!
TA05 MS and TA05 IFS on the way...
Old 09-01-2009, 12:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Ok, since we are on the subject of diff screws, and Mark this is directed at you most of all, today I picked up 50 sets (2 each screw, nut, spring) for those of us with this problem and will have them available for a small fee when we get back together the 13th.

I will NOT be doing mail order with these so don't even ask. I will however make them available to Bing at ABC and see what he does with them.

As far as I am concerned there are only 2 kind of ABC racers, those that have broke the diff screw, and those that will.

Please do not get me wrong, I LOVE my Genetic and wouldn't trade it for the world. It just has one minor flaw and here is hoping we can work together to get rid of it.

J.C.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:39 AM
Tech Regular

Last edited by revoTPR; 09-25-2009 at 03:55 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:52 AM
Tech Adept

time for me to buy a spool ... lols
Old 09-01-2009, 02:57 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Guys,
September 26 i will be having my 4th Annual Mazdacup. http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-f...up-2009-a.html

As rules stated, Mazda bodies only. I spoke to Patrick and let him know for the ABC class, the Mazda Miata MX5 is the legal body to run for this event. We will be teh center of attention guys, so a great showing would be ideal. On top of the RC race will be a 600+ car show plus vendors and workshops. The carshow is Free. Racing would be about $30. It will be held at the Mazda/Ford Headquarters by the Irvine Spectrum.

Hope to see all of you there.
Old 09-01-2009, 03:31 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by charlie_b
Hey Guys,
September 26 i will be having my 4th Annual Mazdacup. http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-f...up-2009-a.html

As rules stated, Mazda bodies only. I spoke to Patrick and let him know for the ABC class, the Mazda Miata MX5 is the legal body to run for this event. We will be teh center of attention guys, so a great showing would be ideal. On top of the RC race will be a 600+ car show plus vendors and workshops. The carshow is Free. Racing would be about $30. It will be held at the Mazda/Ford Headquarters by the Irvine Spectrum.

Hope to see all of you there.
ill try to be there, i wont ask for refund this time lols

patrick/bing/gus/revo: where do we get the Miata body ???
Old 09-01-2009, 05:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by revoTPR
glad you guys are up and running with the abc series....would love to see pics or video's
We'll probably have a video. We just need to get it converted from tape to .mov/.mpeg file so we can post.

It was a GREAT race indeed. I am sure you guys might be a little jealous when you see how fast our cars are going with 17.5.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.