R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   R/C Tech Live @ the 2004 Novak US Touring Car Championship (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/30796-r-c-tech-live-%40-2004-novak-us-touring-car-championship.html)

futureal 01-06-2004 08:24 PM

R/C Tech Live @ the 2004 Novak US Touring Car Championship

Hi all,

For the next 5 days, we will be bringing you "live" coverage of the 2004 Novak US Touring Car Championships, from S&N Trackside Hobbies in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

This race features some of the best of the best in the US, as well as the first time that brushless motors have been used at a major event.

The entry list is posted here:
http://www.trackside.com/040111Entry.htm

We will have round-by-round results posted here and on our official coverage page (should be up tomorrow night). There will also be coverage on Trackside's website (link is above) and possibly in other places.

But of course, we think we're the best. :D

Here's the schedule:

Wednesday: Open Practice
Thursday: Controlled Practice
Friday: 2 x Qualifying
Saturday: 2 x Qualifying
Sunday: AAA Mains & Awards

The R/C Tech Coverage:
http://www.rctech.net/events/novak2004/index.shtml

Any questions, please post here.

Enjoy!

EddieO 01-06-2004 08:50 PM

If you can, I would love to see some pics of the Losi cars. Especially matt francis, hodge, and kinwald. Supposedly they are testing some new stuff.(cvds, new belt, new belt pulley system, and some other stuff)

I would also like to see Matt's 5th body post system.

Thanks man.

Later EddieO

James Nguyen 01-06-2004 09:23 PM

Matt will not be there for the Novak race. Hodge and Kinwald will be there. also I will see Matt tomorrow night at the local track, I will take a picture of his 5th body post for you.

EddieO 01-06-2004 10:06 PM

SUPER COOL!

Have fun at the race futureal!

Later EddieO

MrEs 01-06-2004 10:22 PM

will anybody be runing a 415?!?!

Dave Bowser 01-07-2004 02:14 AM

good luck to team fusion,team putnam and all the guy's from fla..........................sure wish i could be there:cry:

TimPotter 01-07-2004 06:40 AM

Good luck to the Fla boys. Mike, Furman, Kevin... and the others. Hopefully we will have A main boys

Pit-racer 01-07-2004 07:37 AM

:nod: Good Luck to Ron Atomic! Go ATX :D

OutlawPro3 01-07-2004 10:20 AM

I'll be most interested in how the brushless class goes, being it's first time at a major event.

pro3racer 01-07-2004 11:20 AM

Good luck to the guys from central wisconsin, staniak and watson, also good luck Jason(Road Rage), and any other guys from northern(kinda) wisconsin.

Corey Bernardo 01-07-2004 06:00 PM

so whose looking good in practice

TSR6 01-07-2004 07:25 PM

I'm back from Trackside, and will post a couple pictures of the track layout once my laptop decides to start working again. It's something about having a "critical memory dump error" sitting on the screen all day that it didn't like...

They layout was tighter compared to the normal trackside layouts. If you've been to S&N Trackside before, the "islands" are now gone in favor of a new board system.

The brushless cars seem to be doing fairly well for the amount of speed they have, while still being on rubber tires.

I'm not sure what Futureal will have to post tonight, but I guess the hotel is having internet problems after some big storm ( I guess they call about 4-5" of snow a "big storm" now, thanks to the rather warm winter we've had until now ). Hopefully the hotel has that sorted out for him..

Eddie - I saw Todd's car, and they are running a new setup on the CVD's. The slots in the outdrives are larger, and the CVD's have ball bearings on the pins that ride in the outdrive. I didn't get a chance to take a close look at Kinwalds car.

TSR6 01-07-2004 08:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
this laptop may die at any moment, so ill edit the posts later to add picture descriptions..

:flaming:

Shots of the track layout, with the new Trackside boards.

TSR6 01-07-2004 08:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A shot down "pit lane" at trackside.

This will easily be twice as packed later this weekend, as not everyone showed up for today's open practice, and since it was taken as the track was closing down.

As they say, "You don't have to go home, but you cant stay here":)

TSR6 01-07-2004 08:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
More shots of the track...

TSR6 01-07-2004 08:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Last shot for tonight...

As I mentioned in an earlier post, Futureal isn't so sure about his hotel access, so I took these pictures after talking to him before I left. I didn't want to leave you guys hanging in case the hotel couldn't help him out tonight. :p

PhatPat 01-07-2004 08:42 PM

Your operating system is os sick and it knows it. Thats why its trying to save important files to in a folder memory.dmp. The easiest fix is try a system restore to an earlier date. Do this in safe mode (hit F8 during boot up) If it doesn't work reinstall the O/S if you have the software with you.

TSR6 01-07-2004 08:46 PM

Originally posted by PhatPat
Your operating system is os sick and it knows it. Thats why its trying to save important files to in a folder memory.dmp. The easiest fix is try a system restore to an earlier date. Do this in safe mode (hit F8 during boot up) If it doesn't work reinstall the O/S if you have the software with you.
Thanks!

I may try that, although it appears to be fine now. Windows Update downloaded a bunch of files while I was posting the pictures, and it hasn't crashed yet ( previous record was two minutes, and I'm going on an hour now... )

The joys of technology!

--

Also, I know I made this offer last year to some success -- If there is anything in particular that you want to see, post away! If you want to see how X driver ran their servo wires on X car, I'm sure futureal or myself wouldn't have a problem grabbing a picture for you. :cool:

weaponx 01-07-2004 08:53 PM

Isnt that the same layout as last year? Or the year before?

RCGaryK 01-07-2004 09:21 PM

Almost. the straight off the sweeper is shorter, and there was no chiccane after that turn last year. The left side is pretty close to last year's track though.

weaponx 01-07-2004 09:24 PM

It does look close. Good luck to you guys, and have fun.

TSR6 01-07-2004 09:45 PM

I was going to post a picture of last year's layout, but it was at that time my laptop fell through on me. I guess I should have knocked on wood...

Darn thing won't turn back on now...

Like Gary said, also with the new boards, it gives it a whole new feel, even if it were to be the same layout..

ROBORAT 01-07-2004 09:57 PM

TSR6: pics of the losi cars would be great. that bit of info on Todd's car and the cvd/outdrives has had me craving fror a visual. any other trick or prototype parts would also be interesting to see. :) thanks!

howard hudson 01-07-2004 10:16 PM

WARPSPEED

Hey brian and Seth and all other warpspeed drivers attending good luck and rock the Joint!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:

RCGaryK 01-07-2004 10:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
RObart, they're called BK Bones from my understanding. I've attached a pic from another website so you can see what they look like.

davepull 01-07-2004 11:06 PM

Gary are you going to the snowbirds?

if so I would like to meet yah.

team Rc madness for life

RCGaryK 01-07-2004 11:09 PM

I was hoping to go (I really wanted to race the event too), but I guess Erik is covering the Birds for us. I was at the World's if you were there. After the Novak Race, I think the next event I'll be going to is the Reedy Sedan Race. At least, I've put in my request to be the one who gets to cover that race. As far as Florida races, isn't the Winter Champs race sometime this month or next at Minnreg?

futureal 01-07-2004 11:46 PM

Well, I finally managed to get online. Go me.

The hotel tells me we should have net access back up tomorrow evening, which I am of course looking forward to. Everything is set up though!

Troy and Gary have pretty much covered everything so far, about 1/2 of the people were here today for the first practice. Hard to say who's looking fast since all the classes were on the track together. Practice tomorrow is going to be 5 minute "heats" of 10 at a time. As things get busier, this will be turned into 3 minute runs to let more people get on the track. They did this at last year's race and it worked out pretty well.

Pretty much all of the top guys have arrived, many were here on Tuesday.

That's about all I got, pictures will be coming as soon as the fast net is back up and running.

ROBORAT 01-08-2004 12:27 AM

Rc Gary: those look trick. I wonder if they're in production already, or are soon to be. wonder what the benefits are.

TSR6 01-08-2004 04:48 AM

Originally posted by ROBORAT
Rc Gary: those look trick. I wonder if they're in production already, or are soon to be. wonder what the benefits are.
I talked to Todd about them shortly, They aren't in production yet but they are still working on them.

RCGaryK 01-08-2004 05:16 AM

Pretty much all of the top guys have arrived, many were here on Tuesday.
Including you of course Shane :lol: Lucky me, I get to pit next to you aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllllllll weekend too:lol:

TSR6 01-08-2004 05:18 AM

Originally posted by RC Driver Gary
Including you of course Shane :lol: Lucky me, I get to pit next to you aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllllllll weekend too:lol:
Beans Beans... the musical fruit....:D

stormperson 01-08-2004 05:26 AM

Are they posting times for practice?

Adam Hartzell 01-08-2004 05:49 AM

Great coverage as always!! Keep up the good work.

OutlawPro3 01-08-2004 09:56 AM

TSR6:
maybe some pics of the brushless cars, maybe how they ran all those wires! etc.

Great coverage.....thanks.

OSherman 01-08-2004 12:30 PM

I would like a few pics of the 19t cars...biggest class, no?...

I'm interested to know the motor of choice for this race.. I have practically tried them all and have my favorite.. Good to see some 'factory' guys running this class as well..

:tire: :tire:

Jon Kerr 01-08-2004 12:31 PM

What's your fav 19 turn Orlando? I've run many of them but still have a couple to try.

OSherman 01-08-2004 12:35 PM

Originally posted by jkerr0043
What's your fav 19 turn Orlando? I've run many of them but still have a couple to try.
The new Reedy..

Jon Kerr 01-08-2004 12:40 PM

I like that one too. Didn't like the mods but the 19 turn has worked nicely. Have you run the D5 19 turn?

OSherman 01-08-2004 12:41 PM

OOPS...

can't forget to give a big Wassup! to Scotty Earnst, aka "Checked-out-gone"..

have big fun bro'.