Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by greymachine
B3's
Will they fit on a 26 wheel?
Old 12-11-2009, 02:05 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by mezan
Any of u here runs Turnigy, Zippy, Rhino pack on your V2? Does it fit?
I have used it with ZIPPY Flightmax 5000mAh 2S1P 20C hardcase pack, and it fits almost perfect, you can use it without any modification.

Pityu
Old 12-11-2009, 03:14 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by gashuffer
Will they fit on a 26 wheel?
No B3's are 24mm

You get A's and B's in 26mm width
Old 12-11-2009, 02:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Are there any place in the US where we can get parts for this car? I'm trying to stay away from Tamiyausa directly, but if there is a hobby shop that carries it, I rather go through them.

I'm particularly looking for replacement parts trees:

C, D, E, F, and M. Mainly M. I've stripped the bolts out of the C so I'm thinking of going with the aluminum knuckles for C (C is the front knuckle tree).

The hinge blocks, marked "1A/1XA", has also failed in mine. The pivot ball in the rear popped out, which ripped the cavity out of the blocks. So looks like I need some new pivot balls and hinge blocks (M parts). I'm considering to go aluminum for these, what do you guys think?

With these too:

Old 12-11-2009, 02:56 PM
Tech Champion

Definitely get the aluminum they are worth every penny and no more headaches.Ampdraw is San Diego stocks Tamiya stuff So does Speedtech. Look into RCmart they are in Hong Kong but they have everything and they are cheap. I usually wait until I have a big order and I pay for the EMS shipping and I get it in 3 days.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:46 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks gashuffer, Ampdraw does indeed have the most Tamiya parts I've seen out of all the other hobby stores around my area... Unforunately, not many parts for the TA05v2/IFS stuff...

I might just hit up RCmart, I usually hate the shipping price, but it has nothing to do with RCmart, it's the darn expensive couriers...
Old 12-11-2009, 11:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

In the process of rebuilding my DIFFs. I have a couple options with my TA05-IFS-R including the original Tamiya #53849 High Precision Diff or the previous owner bought, but never installed the aluminum hop-ups. What would you guys recommend?

I only have one high precision diff and two sets of the aluminum outshafts. Should I run one high precision and one aluminum or run both aluminum? If one of each, what would you guys run up front and in the rear.

I run carpet track, indoor, 17.5
Old 12-12-2009, 02:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Pingers
In the process of rebuilding my DIFFs. I have a couple options with my TA05-IFS-R including the original Tamiya #53849 High Precision Diff or the previous owner bought, but never installed the aluminum hop-ups. What would you guys recommend?

I only have one high precision diff and two sets of the aluminum outshafts. Should I run one high precision and one aluminum or run both aluminum? If one of each, what would you guys run up front and in the rear.

My suggestion would be to run the precision diff in the front and aluminum in the rear, or just run both aluminum. I'm not that good of a driver to be able to notice things that much, but from 4wd experience, the fronts needs to be a bit tighter and more twitchy to adjust how much turn-in you want...

I'm actually curious on how big of a difference the regular "alloy" aluminum ones are compared to the high precision stuff. I don't know, aluminum outdrives doesn't seem like a good idea to me. I've always liked steel outdrives... Aluminum seems like it will get chewed up really quickly...

I'm currently running the stock plastic ones that came with my V2 kit, and it's only a matter of time before the plastic ones goes kaput...
Old 12-12-2009, 02:15 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gashuffer
Definitely get the aluminum they are worth every penny and no more headaches.Ampdraw is San Diego stocks Tamiya stuff So does Speedtech. Look into RCmart they are in Hong Kong but they have everything and they are cheap. I usually wait until I have a big order and I pay for the EMS shipping and I get it in 3 days.
Ampdraw has an impressive stock, but what the heck was I thinking? I forgot all about Speedtech!!! They have a specific section for the V2... Gonna give Jeff a call tomorrow and see if he can stock the stuff I need... Last time I went out there, I happen to be out there on the one day that he is closed in the week
Old 12-12-2009, 06:21 AM
Tech Champion

Pingers run both aluminum and save the precision as a back up. Keep your diffs the same. For 17.5 you probably won't have to worry about wear on your out drives. Just buy a couple sets of diff plates because you will be changing those before the outdrives.. I just installed the aluminum on mine and they are smooth as butter. The new motor mount is sweet too. I comes with the aluminum center shaft stop. Oh I forgot you don't have a v.II
Old 12-14-2009, 09:29 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Thanks for the help guys! One more question I had while building. Check out the picture. Why are the suspension mounts different lengths? This obviously angels the arms a bit. Is that normal?

Old 12-14-2009, 09:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Thanks for the help guys! One more question I had while building. Check out the picture. Why are the suspension mounts different lengths? This obviously angels the arms a bit. Is that normal?

Yes, that's how you set rear toe
Old 12-14-2009, 01:25 PM
Tech Champion

The blocks come in different lengths to adjust your toe.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:31 PM
Tech Elite

More toe-in in the rear helps your car square up when coming you come out of a turn and throttling it...

Curious, that's not a V2 chassis is it? The V2 has those "individual" blocks for the hinges that are closer to the battery. Which chassis is that???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.