Like Tree130Likes

TA-05 ver.2

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2016, 03:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KA2AEV
Thanks KBo!
Just trying to finalize the GT3 setup for Golddust for his run in Troy in March.
Are you going up?
i'd like to - but the drive from Philly to Troy is a bit much for a one day event
Old 02-02-2016, 08:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks for your input on this guys
Think I'll pick one up and try it on the car before the race over on our Secret Testing Facility
once the snow melts on it to see how it performs with Golddusts driving style.
He was pretty happy with it when we ran it for the first time down at Jackson last year.
We were close with the initial setup but the guys helped out tremendously down there.
I also want to upgrade the steering assembly from the stock plastic to the Aluminum
kit. I hope that its still available, I looked at a couple of sites and it says that its now a discontinued part. Which I cant understand, unless I was plugging in the wrong part number, which would be par for me!
I'm hoping to be off this terrible 3x11 shift by the end of February, otherwise
we're gonna have to figure out some way of doing the Troy race. I'm gonna pester John to see if he has any plans for the beach yet KBo, so will let you know when I do
Mike
Old 02-03-2016, 05:47 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Think I'll pick one up and try it on the car before the race over on our Secret Testing Facility
He was pretty happy with it when we ran it for the first time down at Jackson last year.
We were close with the initial setup but the guys helped out tremendously down there.
I also want to upgrade the steering assembly from the stock plastic to the Aluminum
kit. I hope that its still available, I looked at a couple of sites and it says that its now a discontinued part. Which I cant understand, unless I was plugging in the wrong part number, which would be par for me!
we're gonna have to figure out some way of doing the Troy race. I'm gonna pester John to see if he has any plans for the beach yet KBo, so will let you know when I do
Mike
If you can't find the aluminum part, use the reinforced plastic unit which is about as good. Just add ball bearing. From experience, reinforced plastics pretty much will perform as well as aluminum but more prone to stripping from over tightening screws and too much assembling and disassembling. But in case of steering it's not too much of an issue unless you crash a lot and crash very hard.
Old 02-03-2016, 07:33 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tobyzhang
If you can't find the aluminum part, use the reinforced plastic unit which is about as good. Just add ball bearing. From experience, reinforced plastics pretty much will perform as well as aluminum but more prone to stripping from over tightening screws and too much assembling and disassembling. But in case of steering it's not too much of an issue unless you crash a lot and crash very hard.
Oh didn't even think of that. Good idea thanks
If it was me driving it a lot I would be concerned but Golddust has his driving skills honed in (something about the kids and video games these days!)
Or maybe I'm just getting too old to drive any more???
Forget it I don't wanna go there! LOL
Old 02-03-2016, 10:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Mike
thanks, Mike - always wanted to hit the beach with Brownies', just never made it up there yet
Old 02-03-2016, 04:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by k_bojar
thanks, Mike - always wanted to hit the beach with Brownies', just never made it up there yet
Its a good time, Anyone in the Tristate (NYC) area is welcome!
Im hoping that the weather cooperates this year!!!
Old 03-17-2016, 05:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Thumbs up Ta05 ver.2

Anyone have ta05 v.2 chassis want to sell
Old 03-17-2016, 05:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by trf415msx
Anyone have ta05 v.2 chassis want to sell
I have one I'm willing to sell. It's in almost new condition. Built it and ran for about 5-10 mins. Been sitting on shelf since. It's the Subaru Cusco body. Has a Castle Mamba pro esc w/motor. I'm at work now so probably no pix till tomorrow evening.
Old 03-18-2016, 01:40 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Sharing a photo of my fully hopped-up TA05 V2 R. Almost everything has been replaced, that I almost have enough parts to build a second car. The only original parts that came with the car are the carbon reinforced stiffeners, V2 R aluminum motor mount brace, swaybars, TRF shocks, carbon reinforced suspension and aluminum suspension mounts, front and rear universals, low friction belts, spur gear holder and shaft, servo saver.

All hop ups are Tamiya

TA05 V2 Carbon reinforced lower deck
TA05 Aluminum bulkheads front and rear
TA05 Carbon damper stays front and rear
TA05 V2 Aluminum motor mount
TA05 Aluminum motor heatsink
TA05 aluminum side brace
TB03 Aluminum racing steering set
TA05 Front direct coupling
TA05 gear diff (rear)
TA05 V2 Titanium screw set
TB03 carbon bumper brace
TB03 aluminum servo stays
TA05 carbon battery plate
Aluminum horn for high torque servo saver
Titanium coated suspension shafts

The leftover parts. I already have the spur gear holder and shaft in the mail. I just need the short reversible suspension set, the suspension blocks, swing shafts. But I might hop this one up also since I have an extra IFS aluminum bulkhead and aluminum rocker arms which I removed from the car when I converted to stand-up shocks

Last edited by breyton; 03-18-2016 at 03:39 AM.
Old 03-18-2016, 02:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Thumbs up TA05 ver.2

Share my ta05 ver.2
Attached Thumbnails TA-05 ver.2-image.jpg  
Old 03-21-2016, 08:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Ta05v2

I have a brand new Corolla ta05 in the for sale thread if anyone interested. Will also be posting up brand new hop ups Tamiya brand new still in package soon.
Old 03-22-2016, 02:26 PM
Tech Addict

I did a blog post and it shares my TA05V2 setup and experience at TCS Nationals. Hope the information will help people stilling running this old platform.

http://tobyrcadventure.blogspot.com/...xperience.html
Old 03-22-2016, 02:27 PM
Tech Addict

repeat
Old 03-24-2016, 08:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...03-ta05v2.html
some parts for sale
Old 04-03-2016, 06:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tobyzhang
I did a blog post and it shares my TA05V2 setup and experience at TCS Nationals. Hope the information will help people stilling running this old platform.

http://tobyrcadventure.blogspot.com/...xperience.html
Toby great write up!
Thanks for sharing your info!!!
Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.