Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree65Likes

TC3 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2004, 04:40 PM
Tech Adept

Question.....

I am running my TC3 on asphault with rubber tires. My set up seems to be pretty dialed. I am running stock.

First question...

If I just drop a one-way in what will be the pros and cons. The track is nice size for electric cars big sweeper into a 180 into a mild 180 into a keyhole. All pretty open for an electric car. Can someone tell me how the car will react. I have my throttle set with some forward throttle in it.

Next, I have sorex 36's. Can someone compare that compound to Take Offs?

Thanks,
Chris
Old 06-05-2004, 04:47 PM
Tech Master

The Sorex 36s can be compared to a Cs-32 premount
Old 06-05-2004, 08:07 PM
Tech Master

HeY!!!

I've never ran asphalt but when you do run a one-way you do have to be more smoother on the throttle w/ a TC3...
Old 06-05-2004, 09:51 PM
Tech Master

Exclamation Re: Re: LOL

Originally posted by johnbull
That's normal. You sound surprised.

TC3s have been winning for 5 years.

That's a fact bro!!.. FT TC3 rules!!..
Old 06-06-2004, 05:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Committed88
Hey Dave, hows Hampton? I use to live there. Anyway about your German problem. I would suggest going to this link:

http://babelfish.altavista.com/

and getting the info translated. There is also a feature that allows you to put the actual link into it an the translation engine will translate the whole page. Good luck. Bare in mind that the translation will not be perfect, it will be broken English at times, but you will be able to get the jist.
I love that website!
I use that site to cuss out my French Teacher, good times, good times!
Old 06-08-2004, 06:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

COMMITTED: Thanks for the link man, Hitler WISHES he could have been as fluent in german as me!! (now anyways...LOL) Hampton is doing great! I live a stones throw away from Langley Raceway, and about 2 miles from NASA research. ALOT of friggen construction goin on too... makes it hard on a poor Prelude!

I have been refining a setup for asphalt for both rubber and foams. I have yet to see a need for a one-way, but the tracks i run on are medium sized and usually has alot of switchbacks and chicanes. The setup is surprisingly close to kit specs. Ill post it later for you guys if interested.

- DaveW
Old 06-08-2004, 07:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I know Id like to see it , and thanks in advance.

Jimmy
Old 06-10-2004, 08:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default DEAD?

man this wazup this thread seems dead?
Old 06-10-2004, 09:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Dead?

The TC3 is old and a lot of owners have dialed that pretty thing, its just so perfect and easy to tune that's why this thread is a bit slow! And given the fact that almost anything and everything about the TC3 has been asked/answered in this forum!

But looking at this thread is like my vitamins!!!! I have to just see it every "God Given" day! Or else my day is not complete!!!

Long live the TC3 and hopefully more wins to come from everyone who owns it, inspite of the looming TC4!

Peace and Happy Racing!
Old 06-10-2004, 01:08 PM
Tech Addict

Default graphite chassis

hey does it really matter if i dont have the graphite conversion kit?
weight issues? composite vs graphite? wat r the pros and cons? if ny1 has a graphite kit they r sellin, just teh kit not car.plz lmk k cya ty very much yur info will be well appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-10-2004, 05:21 PM
Tech Addict

Default graphite chassis

hey does it really matter if i dont have the graphite conversion kit?
weight issues? composite vs graphite? wat r the pros and cons? if ny1 has a graphite kit they r sellin, just teh kit not car.plz lmk k cya ty very much yur info will be well appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!

?????ny1
Old 06-10-2004, 07:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

well cracked ... the reason for going to the graphite chassis isnt so much a weight issue as it is a stiffness issue ... the arms are a bit lighter and the chassis is too .. and the towers .. but its like a few grams for the whole kit and cabootle .. the big thing is the parts have less flex to them .. so the car responds better to suspension changes ... the chassis doesnt flex and suck up the bumps and imperfections it tuning ... so .. if your just getting into racing .. stay with the "plastic" chassis for a while and get used to tuning it ... then in a few months switch over ... I still have my orignial plastic chassis car from two years ago .. and I still can put a drive train in it and run it ... I only use it for really bad parking lot tracks ... but hey .. its still there and I can still use it ... so if you do switch over I would do it this way ... pull out your drive line, diffs, shocks, and cvds, but then leave the rest of the car alone .. when you get the graphite kit go ahead and pick up an alum FT screw kit .. or an aftermarket SS screw kit or something like that ... and go ahed and build a "new" car .. rather than just changing out the parts ... you will need lets see .. a steering rack and rack hardware .. the screw kit ... two diff cases ... two 4-40 lock nuts for the motor mount ( leave the originals in the chassis I glue mine in place so they dont fall out ) ahh .. a set of titanium turn buckles ( should upgrade to those anyways ) and get good ends for them not the stock AEs get RPM ends .. ummm ... a hinge pin set ... arm mounts ... and I think thats about it ... then aside from the drive line it will be a new car and should run better and take a tune better ... its actually not a bad way to go ... if you already have the titaniumlinks .. just switch them over .. they arent that bad to switch back and forth ...

have fun racing ...

E
Old 06-10-2004, 09:12 PM
Tech Adept

just want to say i have raced tc3 for 4 years and that is the best car i have had lots of locals at my track have changed to xray and r3 they talk how great these cars are and i spank their butt every week 5 year old car and it still rocks,wow i feel better after all of that.
Old 06-11-2004, 12:26 AM
Tech Addict

Default TC3 WOOPIN a**

lol keep it up man!!!!!!!!! goooooo TC3 GooooooooO
Old 06-11-2004, 12:32 AM
Tech Master

Despite it's age, the TC3 is still hard to beat.

My son has just taken his 6th National championship - 5 of these have been with the TC3, including the last 3 years in a row.

There are guys that drive just as well as he does, trying all sorts of cars to try and beat him, but the TC3 remains supreme.

However this does not mean we are not all looking forward to the TC4. It will just mean he will beat them even more easily.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.