Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree65Likes

TC3 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2004, 06:25 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Advil
You'd lap me anyway. (for now, heheheheheh)

Besides...its Slowmacher this week, what's it gunna be next week? LOSI???? X-RAY??? LOL I still have my 5 year old TC-3.

Art
Well said. I place little or no significance on what is finishing in the top spots of the big races. These are all competent platforms. In the hands of these pro drivers, any one of them is capable of winning.
Old 06-17-2004, 01:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

AAAAAARRRRRRRRgggggggghhhhhh... You said the "O" word

We'll see about the trip. It all depends on the budget....you know what I mean

The TC3 seems to be very dependant on good droop settings...what I mean is...don't screw them up or the car won't handle at all. I had one corner messed up and WOW! Super Spin out!!! Try 6 and 5 on the droop. That setting really settled my car down. I am going to try 7 and 5 this weekend on Lex's recommendation. What rear toe block are you running?

SammyXP,

I only said that because my bro racenut would lap me no matter what "car of the week" he drove. The funny part is that he still has his TC3 in a closet and I predict he will be driving it again within the next 3 months..... MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (evil laugh) I think he named it "ol' reliable" I know he's going to buy a TC4 when it comes out.
Old 06-17-2004, 03:41 PM
Tech Master

I'm trying to talk Kathy into a mission down to your neck of the woods. Lately she has become quite the Sportsman Stock terror. She has won her last two races and is going for a hat trick this weekend. We'll see....the Sportsman Stock guys at RCCAR are pretty tough.
I run my Evo3 down at Sheldon's so if she wants toborrow the BRP rear bumper on my TC3...she'll need it

Too bad I didn't get my speedo problem solver earlier. I probably still wouldn't havem been as fast. Just wait til carpet season

I got my TC3 back...Gonna try that as my carpet car again. Turns out when I ran it there were a few problems (droop screws not touching, fat tweak prob) Taking it out to Hobbyworld with some foams on it

Art: Got a good starting point for foam-mod-carpet? Right now I have it (TC3) setup with F/R Purple/Copper 1-2deg front toe, 2 + 0 rear block, 40deg/37deg Takeoff foams
Old 06-17-2004, 04:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Use Lex's setup from the other board. It should be in the TC3 thread. Use his tire recommendations. I know that some people get away with using Nitro tire compounds indoors but I think you would be better off using the correct compound for carpet. Two combinations are:

Orange/dbl Pink front
Dbl Pink rear

or

Plaid front (orange/purple)
Purple rear

Stay with the 28mm tires.

Please note: those compounds are only if memory serves me correctly...I am getting old and mess things up from time to time.

Honestly though Kat, you really should spend more time in the Rubber Tire/ Sportsman Stock class before you move up to Foam/Mod. It will save you money in the long run....and frustration.

P.S. If you thought she was fast on asphalt......wait till you see her at the carpet track.
Old 06-17-2004, 04:39 PM
Tech Master

Use Lex's setup from the other board. It should be in the TC3 thread. Use his tire recommendations. I know that some people get away with using Nitro tire compounds indoors but I think you would be better off using the correct compound for carpet. Two combinations are:

Orange/dbl Pink front
Dbl Pink rear

or

Plaid front (orange/purple)
Purple rear

Stay with the 28mm tires.

Please note: those compounds are only if memory serves me correctly...I am getting old and mess things up from time to time.

Honestly though Kat, you really should spend more time in the Rubber Tire/ Sportsman Stock class before you move up to Foam/Mod. It will save you money in the long run....and frustration.

P.S. If you thought she was fast on asphalt......wait till you see her at the carpet track.
I've kept up & raced with her on carpet on a good day

I gotta get away with using this compund. All I got (Got it as a "bonus" with the Evo3)

Theyr'e the 28mm's

I don't race at Hobbyworld...Don't have any plans to do so until they start racing on weekends again (no way to get home past about 7 because of VTA schedules)

Soo...I need a setup for these tires. Not nessesarily what Lex runs
Old 06-20-2004, 10:03 PM
Tech Adept

Default ae cooling fan

has any one tried to connect the cooling fan off the ae heat sink directly to your battery (7.4V), will it burn the fan up or can it take the incresed voltage.
Old 06-21-2004, 03:46 AM
Tech Adept

if it's rated as 5v it should be able to, most people who use fans on their motors (not attached to reedy heatsinks) use 5v ones and plug straight into their batteries
Old 06-21-2004, 08:51 PM
Tech Adept

Default ae cooling fan

Sweet ,I'll either have a cool motor or a relly hot fan
thanks for the reply.
Old 06-22-2004, 10:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

does anybody have the part number for the stock (F+2?) hinge pin blocks and the part number for the alternate (F+0?) hinge pin blocks.
tia
Old 06-22-2004, 10:30 AM
Tech Master

in the manual it has
F+2 = #3863
F-0 = #3864
Old 06-22-2004, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

cool buy used car cheap and don't get a manual. I need to DL it from associated and print it.
Old 06-24-2004, 01:32 AM
Tech Regular

Don't let the kids know how OLD we are getting!!!! LOL

Art
I don't like being OLD...
*sigh*
Old 06-24-2004, 01:49 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: ae cooling fan

Originally posted by ae4ever
Sweet ,I'll either have a cool motor or a relly hot fan
thanks for the reply.
For those same fans you can go to affilated electronics and buy them for $1.35 per fan or $13.50 per dozen.
Old 06-26-2004, 11:12 AM
Tech Adept

Guys real quick questions.....

If I run a rear block... R 3+2
And run Losi rear carriers that are 1.5

Will I have 1.5 degree of rear Toe?

Thanks!

Chris
Old 06-26-2004, 11:09 PM
Tech Master

Lightbulb MISSING THREAD

Guys just want to ask where can I find the previous thread of mike you the guy who knows most on the TC3 stuff and settings??.. Tnx in advance ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.