Search
Like Tree65Likes

TC3 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2003, 07:00 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: mike d ur set up at halloween classic

Originally posted by tc3 racer sc
mike d can u post ur set up at the halloween classic and ru going to clevland race this month
tc3 racer sc - This setup understeered on my local track but worked well on the high traction conditions at the Halloween Classic. Yeah, I'll be at Cleveland over Thanksgiving... say hi if you get a chance.

Front: Yellow springs, 60wt, #3, front tower, shock mount out on tower - in on arm, 0 kickup, 4 caster, camper link up and short on tower, associated steering blocks, .030 bump steer washer, steering rack with standard spacing, .060 sway bar, 4.5mm ride ride height

Rear: Purple springs, 50wt, #3, rear tower, shock mount out on tower and arm, F block and 2+2 block, camber link up and long on tower, associated rear hub using upper hole for camber link mount, no swaybar, 5mm ride height

Protoform Alfa body with wing mounted forward, batteries forward, front diff tighter then rear, droop equal front and rear (set so chassis height is 8.5 mm front and rear when the tires leave the ground) Jaco Purple rear and Jaco Purple/Orange front, tire diameter 59.5 mm front and rear
Old 11-03-2003, 08:27 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Halloweeen Classic Setup

What that your stock or modified setup?
Old 11-03-2003, 08:31 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Halloweeen Classic Setup

Originally posted by Brant
What that your stock or modified setup?
Brant - Stock
Old 11-03-2003, 11:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey all,

I am about to build up two IRS diffs to use in modified and save my plastic diffs for stock. What I need to know is-I have the old grey DIFF gears , but my car has the White crown gears.

Can I mix the two gears or do i need to change the bevel gears out now too?

I currently dont own any grey crown gears.

Thanks,
Ray
Old 11-03-2003, 11:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ray,

That's the way my car was! Actually I thing the front has a white diff gear and a grey crown gear, while the back had the exact opposite...
Old 11-03-2003, 11:35 AM
Tech Initiate

Default White Plastic Gears

Ray,

The white plastic gears have a high percentage of fiber in them. I finished a design project where I used a material that looked just like the white gears and it was 43% fiberglass! The gray gears have a lesser % fiberglass in them. I got to imagine that the fiberglass is there to give the gear set more life.
Old 11-03-2003, 11:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Brant and Greg,

Thanks!! I just dont want to ruin my perfect diffs and outdrives running 19 turns and higher winds!!!

Thanks,
Ray
Old 11-03-2003, 01:14 PM
Tech Adept

Default TC3 Droop on Carpet

I'm new to carpet. I guy at the local indoor track whic is smooth carpet told me to remove the droop from my car. Originally I set the droop to what was specified in the manual. Then I set the ride height. Then this guys said to remove the droop, so I ran the droop screws down until they just touched the chassis. How worng is this or does this sound acceptable?

Thanks,
John
Old 11-03-2003, 01:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Removing Droop

Take a look at the posting about 4 up from this by Mike D, a very fast guy. He is running 4.5mm ride height and then he has enough droop to raise the car an additional 4mm. I can raise my car an additional 2mm with a 5mm ride height, but I'm thinking about adding more droop.
Old 11-03-2003, 02:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hey I finally got some pics of my TC3. I just need to wrap up this roll and I will post them up ASAP
Old 11-03-2003, 03:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: my new tc3 ft

Originally posted by sars125
If everything is ok then i get my new tc3 ft this week but now i want to know is:
Are there any thing i have to do while bilding the car?
I mean to make the car better. Or any Hop-up's?
Greetz lars bongers , Holland

My englische isn't that good but i hope it works.
There is not much you need to do to the car, you are getting a Factory Team TC3. Some like to put the rear shock tower in place of the front shock tower(to make the car more responsive entering the corner), you might like a one way for the car(depending on what surface you are going to race on). With the new diff cases(that fit the NTC3 as well), you will want to close the hole(with a screw/setscrew) that is left open(I guess the best discription of it would be, the hole on top closest to the center of the chassis. The other hole does not go all the way through to the gears, but the "center" one does). Make sure that you do not rush through the build, there are a few spots in the manual that are a little unclear, but overall, the build should take you a few hours. If you take your time building the car PERFECT, it should take you about two days to complete.

Happy building!

Chris
Old 11-03-2003, 03:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Steering rack

Originally posted by Charles
I am trying to tighten up steering slop. Does the ntc3 steering system give a better steering system on tc3? Who makes this modification? thx
When I use the NTC3 steering, the car feels more responsive to initial input of the steering(there are a few ways to mount the NTC3 steering on the TC3, and I use the way that it is mounted on the NTC3). For the slop on my stock TC3(without the NTC3 steering), I shim out the slop. Placing washers inbetween the berrings/bushings, or just simply tighting the nut, to get rid of the slop, or free up the rack.

Making the mod, I think you mean making the chassis accept the NTC3 steering. For that you have to cut out the existing chassis flat to accept the steering system.
Old 11-03-2003, 03:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

MY freind's TC3 arrived to my house this morning.

The frontright is trashed. Wheel hex pin is BROKEN and the metal bushings are gone and the top kingping/ball stud is bent.

Can anyone be SUPER SUPER nice and maybe send the spare metal bushings to my house?
Old 11-03-2003, 03:46 PM
Tech Regular

I will be gettinf a FT TC3 for christmas, and everybody at my track uses a one-way, but I can't find one for the tc3.
Old 11-03-2003, 04:33 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Intermision
I will be gettinf a FT TC3 for christmas, and everybody at my track uses a one-way, but I can't find one for the tc3.
It used to be Associated part #3938 but I think they discontinued making them. I don't know who else makes a one-way that fits the TC3.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.