Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree65Likes

TC3 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2003, 04:46 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by DOTMAN
ESCs have a little drag to them already too. A free drivetrain will only help you.
I agree 100%. A free drivetrain is going to have a bigger impact on acceleration then deceleration. If the deceleration is not to your liking, you can always add in drag brakes to make the car act as if it had a binding drivetrain
Old 08-28-2003, 07:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Do any of you guys have any pics of your tc3's with warpspeed diff cases? I would like to see them, even if they don't look any different. Also, what material are they machined out of?
Old 08-28-2003, 07:54 PM
Tech Regular

They do not look any different at all, just the stock cases blueprinted and the plastic threads reamed and Helicoil threads inserted. Here is the Demon with cases.
Attached Thumbnails TC3 Forum-demon-ii-002.jpg  
Old 08-28-2003, 11:54 PM
Tech Regular

there is a warpspeed forum

i think that is where all the warpspeed stuff is, like the demon, and the mission

i could be wrong
Old 08-28-2003, 11:58 PM
Tech Regular

and it is easier to slow a car down when the drivetrain is free, but hard to make it spin faster when you want the top speed

easier on all components, speed control, motor, batteries
Old 08-29-2003, 01:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

racerdx6 - attached is an excel spreadsheet i made to calculate gear ratio, rollout, and top speed

i reckon a freer drivetrain could only improve times. you might have to adjust your radio or something, but it should definitely help.
Attached Files
File Type: zip
copy of gear ratio finder.zip (28.8 KB, 73 views)
Old 08-29-2003, 02:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default ROLL OUT

HI HERE IS MY ROLL OUT CHART THAT I MADE UP, HOPE THIS CAN HELP SOME ONE. IT HELPS ME.

HERE I HAVE NOW UPDATED TO INCLUDE WORKING OUT THE SPEED OF THE CAR, JUST DROP DOWN THE LIST IN RED AND IT WILL DO THE REST.
Attached Files
File Type: zip
gears.zip (28.7 KB, 50 views)

Last edited by OHBRAD; 08-29-2003 at 07:23 PM.
Old 08-29-2003, 04:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Aluminum outdrives & bearing size

Originally posted by Fasttrak
I really hope you bought the IRS pin cushions to go along with those really nice outdrives. First set I bought I did not know about the pin cushions and after a couple races noticed I had badly notched the out drives where the dogbones ride. This was done using a stock motor, would hate to see what a mod would do. I heard Niftech makes some squared drive units that are real nice, just enver seen or used them.
Fasttrak,

No problem. I've already purchased IRS's composite CVDs with the pin cushions installed.
Old 08-29-2003, 05:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi im a TC3 racer from the NW of the UK and here because its so wet usually we race indoors on carpet, my car is fairly stock as the Team TC3 but with an RPM front bumper (saves a load breakages from happening, the walls arnt very forgiving) and aluminum front block carriers. Looking on the site here a lot of people seem to be using a much higher spur, around 100 teeth, i just run the 72 and 75 AE ones, our track isnt huge, i was just wondering why you run them so high? Also how can i free up my transmition, ive seen quite a few people use the warpspeed products, can i just sand my transmission cases down a little to help free up the bearings?

Last edited by berger; 08-29-2003 at 05:27 AM.
Old 08-29-2003, 05:22 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by berger
Hi im a TC3 racer from the NW of the UK and here because its so wet usually we race indoors on carpet, my car is fairly stock as the Team TC3 but with an RPM front bumper (saves a load breakages from happening, the walls arnt very forgiving) and aluminum front block carriers. Looking on the site here a lot of people seem to be using a much higher spur, around 100 teeth, i just run the 72 and 75 AE ones, our track isnt huge, i was just wondering why you run them so high? Also how can i free up my transmition, ive seen quite a few people use the warpspeed products, can i just sand my transmittion cases down a little to help free up the bearings?
Berger,

People who are running a 100 tooth spur are running 64 pitch gears. As far as your transmission cases are concerned, yes you can do sanding and filing with a Dremel tool yourself. But you have to know what your doing and be very patient. The cases from Warpspeed are only $45 USD shipped in the U.S. A free drivetrain is worth the money and time savings.
Old 08-29-2003, 05:27 AM
Tech Master

Ill see if my friend who runs the trackside shop can get hold of them from the states for me, ive seen the FT drivers cars have very free transmissions, anything else i can do to help that?
Old 08-29-2003, 05:33 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Fuzzy
Berger,

The cases from Warpspeed are only $45 USD shipped in the U.S. A free drivetrain is worth the money and time savings.
yo Fuzzy,
yer wife might not agree

anyway,what i normally do is just use penknife,sandpaper and a lot of patience.

Also,sometimes,dont just look at the gearboxes.the gear drives(diff bevel and pinion can also cause a lot of roughness in the drivetrain).An easy way to solve this is to put a slave motor(old,beat up) and power it at 4V-5V's for a few hours.
Old 08-29-2003, 05:35 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by berger
Ill see if my friend who runs the trackside shop can get hold of them from the states for me, ive seen the FT drivers cars have very free transmissions, anything else i can do to help that?
There's a company here called RPM that makes a Bearing Blaster. You place a bearing inside, then take the nozzle from your motor cleaner and spray the bearing. This cleans out all of the packing grease inside the bearing and makes it spin alot easier. After cleaning your bearings, re-oil them with a light weight bearing oil. It makes a big difference.
Old 08-29-2003, 05:39 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by lee82gx
yo Fuzzy,
yer wife might not agree
Your right! She doesn't. That's why I can't let her see me bring the stuff in the house.
Old 08-29-2003, 08:09 AM
Tech Elite

DOTMAN, and others... thanks for the feed back. I will pick me up a set when they come available, to see the difference. Ill be building my TC3 starting next month for the Snowbirds, hopefully these cases can be a part of a competitive car. I didnt do so well last year... lack of track time. Bad thing is, i cant seem to pry myself away from my ASC B4 to wrench on the TC3! Walking into a hobbyshop nowadays, with all the quality kits available for experimentation, is like walking into a strip club with your wife... all the OTHER options are SO distracting!
- Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.