Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree65Likes

TC3 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2003, 05:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Well unless you have a stand under that car stand, the air you'd be sucking from the motor would stay there and stay warm. Plus you want to blow the hot air away, so having blowing towards the motor.
Old 08-21-2003, 05:54 PM
ajg

Default Tc3 setup

What setup should I use for a tc3? I race on vht or soda with Jaco double purples in front and purples in back, I also use paragon traction compound.
I have a stock racer kit.
I currently have:
2 degrees camber all around
3 degrees toe-in on the rear
0 degrees toe-in/out on the front
2 degrees caster on the front
2 degrees kickup on the front
5mm ride height in front
5mm ride height in rear
2 degees anti-squat in rear
medium wheelbase
40 wt shock oil in rear
60 wt shock oil in front
droop gauge #6 in front
droop gauge #4 in rear
gold springs in front
silver springs in rear
top outermost top shock location all around
bottom innermost camber link location all around
and the battery pack in front.

Last edited by ajg; 08-28-2003 at 03:21 PM.
Old 08-21-2003, 08:14 PM
Tech Master

jesus, you should have like.....TONS of rear traction, although except for the front battery position. I would move that to the back, when it is in the front of the car, you shift so much weight to the front it is rediculous, also, try 2 degrees rear toe, and 1.5 camber all the way around.
Old 08-24-2003, 09:10 AM
Tech Adept

hey guys my friend just bought some Hardcore racing outdrives for his F/R diffs and when he started assembling them he noticed that they dindt fit like the original on the locknut side theres no place for the spring!
Anyways is there a different way of assembling these outdrives compared to the originals?
Old 08-24-2003, 01:27 PM
Tech Adept

The original steel and the newer composite drives assemble differently. I figure hardcore copied the steel drives, so if you are use to the composite outdrives of associated thats why your having problems.
Old 08-24-2003, 05:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default out drives

like the steel out drives of the associated, the spring should go on the other half of the diff as opposed to the composite outdrives. Peace and happy racing!!!
Old 08-24-2003, 06:54 PM
Tech Adept

but the hardcore outdrives seem to be made like the composite associated outdrives not the steel ones
Old 08-24-2003, 08:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trying to locate the store I once saw some Delrin diff outdrives for the TC3. Spent the last two hours hunting through webistes to no avail... If anyone knows of a store the sells them, I would very much appreciate the link.
Old 08-24-2003, 09:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Delrin outdrives

Originally posted by Fasttrak
Trying to locate the store I once saw some Delrin diff outdrives for the TC3. Spent the last two hours hunting through webistes to no avail... If anyone knows of a store the sells them, I would very much appreciate the link.
www.rainbowten.co.jp
www.rcmodel.com.hk

its the one by rc-square

you can see them at www.rc-square.com

peace and happy racing!!!
Old 08-24-2003, 09:36 PM
Tech Master

Here too Fasttrak; http://www.hobbyetc.com/cgi-bin/item.cgi?part_id=216
Old 08-24-2003, 09:51 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks guys, really appreciate it, should have just asked before spending half the night browsing for all over the internet
Old 08-26-2003, 09:17 PM

Guys, I still haven't build my tc3 yet, but I have one question to ask. I bought RD Logics Die-cast aluminum differential cases F/R for TC3. I don't know I should use it or not because its kinda heavy. Is it better to install it or its just for look?
Old 08-26-2003, 09:48 PM
Tech Regular

Aku-Man,

I have seen the Rdlogics case and found them to be fairly poor quality, almost a pot-metal casting. They would add more weight, still require you to clean out the bearing journals for propper fit and add almost nothing besides less chance of stripped screws. I should be getting the Warp Speed blueprinted cases later this week and think these are a much better purchase. For $45.00 delivered you get both cases that have been properly cleared journals for free spinning bearings without gauging material with a Dremel tool. They then take the screw holes and ream them out and use steel thread inserts to eliminate stripped plastic screw holes. Will let you know what I think of them when I get them installed.
Old 08-26-2003, 10:45 PM

Great, I will be waiting.
Old 08-26-2003, 11:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Fasttrak
Aku-Man,

I have seen the Rdlogics case and found them to be fairly poor quality, almost a pot-metal casting. They would add more weight, still require you to clean out the bearing journals for propper fit and add almost nothing besides less chance of stripped screws. I should be getting the Warp Speed blueprinted cases later this week and think these are a much better purchase. For $45.00 delivered you get both cases that have been properly cleared journals for free spinning bearings without gauging material with a Dremel tool. They then take the screw holes and ream them out and use steel thread inserts to eliminate stripped plastic screw holes. Will let you know what I think of them when I get them installed.
Aku-Ken, you don't need impregnated steel screw cases for the screws-man that sounded w i c k e d-that is if you know how and when to tighten yo screws.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.