Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree65Likes

TC3 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2002, 05:36 PM
Regional Moderator

Front one ways work best on longer tracks with sweepers but has anyone used one on tight courses with the same results, just curious.
Old 04-21-2002, 07:17 PM
Tech Adept

I use my oneway all the time on short tracks.But only in stock.You will faster with a diff to provide braking in the corners on small tracks.
Old 04-21-2002, 08:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

One ways are quite a bit faster on larger tracks with sweeping turns. It is possible to run quick on short, tight tracks, but it requires a little more tuning.

Craig: I've actually run with out the shaft (broke it on the first lap) and the car was surprisingly good. I couldn't keep up with the leaders, but I only dropped a few tenths per lap off the pace.
Old 04-21-2002, 09:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Tphalen, I just bought a factory tc3 and should be recieving it soon. I'm wondering if i should buy the one-way. On our track, we have one big sweeper, two 180 degree turns and 3 to 5 sweeping turns and then it's back on the straight with the big sweeper again. I think i should buy it but, i noticed with my car at this time that i have dropped off the pace and have been losing. When I ran the diff's I was so consistant but now i'm having trouble staying consistant with the one-ways. We are running on an asphalt permanent track that has good traction. Can you let me in on some insite?
Old 04-21-2002, 09:10 PM
Tech Adept

Tony: I guess Associated really did a great job of designing the TC3 if you can run in 2wd and still run fairy decent lap times.I ran mine on carpet without the cvds(the one way broke one and didn't have spares!)
Old 04-21-2002, 10:46 PM
Super Moderator

Picco007, you have to keep in mind that one-ways aren't neccessarily the best thing for everybody. If you're smooth on & off throttle & have gotten good at rolling through corners consitiently, then perhaps the one-ways may help you go a little faster, but if you can't get comfortable using them then they'll only hurt your lap times(you have to adapt your driving style to match one-ways). Since you're just getting started with a new car, I'd suggest you run it as is first, then as you get used to it you can try the one-ways & see how they feel to you......
Old 04-22-2002, 07:03 AM
Tech Elite

Picco007: Go with Grizzbob. He's right. Changing to a oneway usually means changing the setup of your car (slightly) and definitely changing driving style. No longer can you zip to a corner, pound the brakes, turn, and grab full throttle coming out. A few changes to the car and you SHOULD (with some practice) be able to go into a corner smooth, roll the throttle half way through the turn, and then full wood out. It does take some practice to run a one way but once you get it, it's VERY fast!

Good luck!
Old 04-22-2002, 09:25 AM
Tech Adept

Has anybody tried replacing the white stealth lube in the diffs with Factory Team Green Slime? I just rebuily my diff and put the Slime in by mistake, but it really seems smoother than the normal greese. Does anybody know if it will harm/wear my diffs more than the white greese?
Thanks
Old 04-22-2002, 09:57 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by blueboy
Has anybody tried replacing the white stealth lube in the diffs with Factory Team Green Slime? I just rebuily my diff and put the Slime in by mistake, but it really seems smoother than the normal greese. Does anybody know if it will harm/wear my diffs more than the white greese?
Thanks
um.......D'OH!!!!!!!

How is your car running? If it's running faster I'm going to try it out. I've got a big race in a few weeks and need to be as fast as possible!
Old 04-22-2002, 10:03 AM
Tech Adept

I haven't run it properly yet, only put a pack through it with the right hand wheels held to break in the diffs after rebuilding both. I put the Green Slime in one and the white greese in the other, and tightened them exactly the same amount. The Slimed one seems way smoother but it also feels tighter, so I loosened it 1/4 of a turn and now it feels really nice, it spins for about two seconds when spun by hand.

The first run its going to get is at the First round of the BTCC this weekend, I'll let you know how it got on on Monday.

First impressions seem to be good though...
Old 04-22-2002, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

My guess is that the one with the green slime will slip easily. The Black Grease is pretty gritty, causing it to grip more. It will be interesting to see how it works. I might have another diff on hand, correctly built, just to make sure.

One question, WHERE did you put the green slime???? Where the diff balls, thrust balls, or in the gear mesh???
Old 04-22-2002, 10:29 AM
Tech Adept

I put the green slime in with the diff balls.
There is the normal black greese in the thrust bearings, and white greese in the gear mesh.

I just checked the slip in the diff... you were right TP it does slip more, a LOT more. I think I'll go and put the right stuff back in...
Old 04-22-2002, 10:37 AM
Tech Elite

Ya....I thought it might!!!
Old 04-23-2002, 02:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I use a shaft one-way instead of a diff one-way. It's not as aggressive in the turns but still allows you more speed in the sweeper and straits.

If you race "Stock" you shouldn't really ever use your brakes. If you are using them, you need to develop you driving style a little more.

We race winters on a very small technical track that allows you to get 5.5 second lap times. I learned a lot about setting up turns etc on this track. It's so fast paced and narrow, you're required to learn to drive just to keep up.

Now that it's summer and we are outdoors, a lot of what I learned carried out into the wide open outdoor track. I'm constantly running in the top 1 - 2 positions and by not using the breaks and learning to throttle threw the turns I am able to gear 2 - 3 teeth higher then the others on my track and keep the speed up.

ChristopherKee
Old 04-23-2002, 02:50 PM
Tech Adept

5.5 second laps? Is that an oval? Why the heck do people race sedans on ovals?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.