Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2002, 09:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default setups

do es n e one have hudy setup boards 4 a good price
Old 04-19-2002, 09:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default tamiya

my car will beat yours anyday i have a tamiya tl01 and it burns tc3s 4 ever and that the car i wold chose over anythingso peace out homies tc3s hahahhaaaaddaa
Old 04-19-2002, 09:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default hi suckers

edit - any more of this and you might be banned from the forum.

Firstly, please be polite, not rude.

Secondly, you can ask all your questions in one post, you don't have to post 10 messages just to raise your post count.

Last edited by Speedo; 04-20-2002 at 01:21 PM.
Old 04-19-2002, 11:20 PM
Tech Initiate

FactoryteamTc3,
I have read or tried to read your postings on this and other forums. How many cars’ do you own? XXX-NT, XXX-S, TC3 and what else? The one thing that all your R/C's have in common is the claims they are the fastest things on the track. This claim is further supported by your (obviously) big brother "The Cop" and his radar gun. How do you do it? Please tell. I have been racing R/C cars since 1985; gas, electric, on and off road, 1/8 and 1/10 scale. According to your profile that would of made you 4 and 1/2 years old at the time, and with all this time I am still never the fastest guy on the track and still never have the baddest car? I have raced with some of the best and it is quite humbling. Remember, no matter how much money you put in to a toy and no matter how fast you think you are there is always someone faster. I can also understand the occasional typo now and then (guilty), but you may want to check you spelling a bit better before you hit the submit button.
Old 04-19-2002, 11:23 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Do you smell it....there's blood in the air...

Seriously Damon, just forget this guy. There is a reason no one has responded to him...he's not worth it...

Not like I didn't want to jack him...
Old 04-19-2002, 11:29 PM
Tech Initiate

I do apologize to the TC3 forum. I might of posted in haste.
Old 04-19-2002, 11:32 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

No prob, but I see why you did...

Believe me, I had the same thoughts...56 or so pages of good banter before we got hit with this....
Old 04-21-2002, 09:26 AM
Tech Regular

I finally ran front oneway.

Wow, it's so much better than front diff.
Very smooth and keeps speed all the time.
Doesn't have too much more oversteer like I was worried.

I broke 3 composite dog bones though.
Is oneway harshier to composite cvds?
I even saw an aluminum one cut off right where outside of oneway outdrive.

Should I go for aluminum ones or steel?
Are MIP shiny cvds so much heavier?

BTW, I really love this front oneway. I need to practice more.

Thank you.
Old 04-21-2002, 09:31 AM
Tech Adept

Juho Levänen was TQ with his TC3 at the LRP Touring Car Masters in Germany this weekend. Hara won the first main with Juho in second place. Juho then won the second main with Hara in second place, so Juho will at least come in second place overall. Well done Juho!
Old 04-21-2002, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

RCRUV--yeah, oneways are MUCH harder on composite/alum. cvd's. I'm not sure why(tphalen explained why,but I can't remember) You should just get a pair of steel ones.

Last night was my first race w/my tc3. I TQ'd sportsman and was the only car to do 19 laps! I got hammered by some lapped traffic and finished third in the a-main. I'm looking for a little more exit steering,but am trying to avoid a oneway (see above as to why). I had been running schumacher cars for close to three years and went cold turkey and I'm damn proud of it! --Al
Old 04-21-2002, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

rcruv. You can use alum. CVD's, just make sure the ones you get are the thicker version. MIP upped the diameter to help this problem, but there still might be some thinner CVD's floating around. They are visibly thicker.
Old 04-21-2002, 12:10 PM
Tech Regular

TP, big al - Thanks for the tip.

Good to know that TC3 is doing well against Hara and his secret weapon. (or was he running TC3 clone?)

As weather get hotter, my soft tires don't work. Way too much traction and understeer.

I also tried Team orion tires and wheels. And I can't say I liked them.
I'm back to either pit shimizu or sorex.

Last edited by rcruv; 04-21-2002 at 03:53 PM.
Old 04-21-2002, 12:51 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yeah, about the front one-way & CVD's, you will break both composite & aluminum ones if you hit something hard enough. I believe the reason for it is that while a regular diff will slip some in an impact(no matter how much you've tightened it), a one-way won't, for ANY reason, so the impact energy must go somewhere instead of being dissipated by a slipping diff, & it ends up breaking whatever's the weakest link(in most cases, it's the CVD's). Now, while you may be able to reduce this by going with some Shiny CVD's(they're made of hardened steel), that impact energy still has to go somewhere, so you may end up breaking something else, like the main driveshaft(I've seen friends do just that because they were using Shiny CVD's & the front one-way). Since it's likely to break parts regardless, I chose to intentionally leave a breakable part in there to prevent something more vital from being damaged, & sinve the composite CVD's are dirt cheap($10 for 4 compared to $20-$35 for 2 for the aluminum & Shiny ones) I've stuck with the composites. I know it's a compromise, but it seems the most economical way to go(if you must use the one-way).....
Old 04-21-2002, 04:02 PM
Tech Regular

Grizzbob - Thanks for the tip.
I still have some time 'cuz I have one composite CVD left.
Thing is composite one tends to slice through where it coming out of outdrive after just slightly touching the wall.

It's fun though watching the car still manages to finish with only one CVD.
I was only one lap off of my best. Next time I should try it with both CVDs off. Would it make 2WD car?
Old 04-21-2002, 04:29 PM
Tech Adept

Hey -I have raced without the front CVD's in.It actually handled quite well for being that it was setup for 4wd.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.