Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2016, 03:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Djchow85
Advertise it in the main selling forum, Also check the willing to buy section if someone needs an esc. Be open to ship it internationally. That's how I bought my touring car
Oh yeah I totally forgot there was a thread just for buying an selling lol is there a way I can link in this thread just for honesty sake I want people to know my situation without having to re type it, I dont want any one to go through what I did unknowingly. an I will do all that you said thanks for reminding me.
Old 07-31-2016, 07:24 PM
Tech Regular

@Djchow85 I want to give you a big thanks I did what you said and the 1.1 sold right away granted that deal was stellar, but if it wasn't for you I prolly would not have thought of that, so thank you, you know I can not help but feel a little foolish as the hobby wing just stock will only do half of what the 1.1 can, on the up side I only race Blinky any way an its going to a good Home I met someone really cool so thank you for that as well cheer's mate...

to R/C tech when my pay pal updates with my bank ill make a small donation to become a better member. to show thanks to you guy's for the plat form.

Last edited by PhilipBGreen; 07-31-2016 at 09:53 PM.
Old 08-01-2016, 08:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PhilipBGreen
@Djchow85 I want to give you a big thanks I did what you said and the 1.1 sold right away granted that deal was stellar, but if it wasn't for you I prolly would not have thought of that, so thank you, you know I can not help but feel a little foolish as the hobby wing just stock will only do half of what the 1.1 can, on the up side I only race Blinky any way an its going to a good Home I met someone really cool so thank you for that as well cheer's mate...

to R/C tech when my pay pal updates with my bank ill make a small donation to become a better member. to show thanks to you guy's for the plat form.
great to hear! I only read this now.. (I've only been in the hobby for 3years and some of the best guys are the ones that give you tips and suggestions that they think will benefit you, not necessarily saying, YOU HAVE TO DO THIS BECAUSE I'M A KNOW IT ALL )

we should all be here to help each other. What I've seen with the stock and non stock ESC's, the stock ones can be just as good due to their smaller size. This can be really important if your chassis is tight ..

On a different note has anyone changed the stock 4 piece capacitor on the Reventon Pro 1.1 to something else like a 2 piece HW for a smaller footprint? If so, any success without blowing the ESC?
Old 08-02-2016, 07:14 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Djchow85
great to hear! I only read this now.. (I've only been in the hobby for 3years and some of the best guys are the ones that give you tips and suggestions that they think will benefit you, not necessarily saying, YOU HAVE TO DO THIS BECAUSE I'M A KNOW IT ALL )

we should all be here to help each other. What I've seen with the stock and non stock ESC's, the stock ones can be just as good due to their smaller size. This can be really important if your chassis is tight ..

On a different note has anyone changed the stock 4 piece capacitor on the Reventon Pro 1.1 to something else like a 2 piece HW for a smaller footprint? If so, any success without blowing the ESC?
I know you know I believe we all have a universal knowledge an basic understanding of physics an what not, witch is why you see so much theory answering of ?s on here an there's nothing wrong with that ... But nothing beats good o'l First hand experience its the difference in thinking and knowing. To be Honest I'm just glad to be making Friends an have someone to talk to who understands the Love for this hobby an Likes sharing it with other's People are all way's building social hierarchy's an that can suck in places like this sometimes...

your help has been huge so don't short your self, give your self credit an allow your self to receive it when its due . I agree with you as far as the esc's as well, tho I upgraded to avoid servo issue's, I wish I knew the answer to your ? Ill do some looking around for ya an see what I can come up with hopefully some one who know's lol chime's in...

Last edited by PhilipBGreen; 08-02-2016 at 07:30 AM.
Old 08-09-2016, 04:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Recently decided to get into TC and have decided to go with a Revention Pro ESC with 13.5T motor. Trying to decide the best way of mounting it in my chassis and it is a pain with this huge arse capacitor they have included. It says in the manual it must be used but the one pictured in the manual is a small one similar to those on a Tekin. Can I switch it to another size capacitor?
Old 08-09-2016, 06:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

From memory I had the capacitor between the motor and esc... I was paranoid of heat coming from the motor but this was fine in 21.5t plus its winter here... I had the power switch facing out but the brakes in blinky sucked. Can't set initial brake force..

Major design flaw with the software
Old 08-31-2016, 04:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Stock Club

Hi I am planning on buying a Reventon Stock esc but need to know if it has reverse. I know my Reventon R doesn't when set to blinki.
Old 08-31-2016, 04:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

None of the Reventon ESCs have reverse when in blinky mode. The Club Stock only runs in blinky mode, so it too does not have reverse. Do you have the ability to change the firmware on your R? While it won't "blink," you'll be able to use reverse (and advance timing, and boost, etc.)
Old 08-31-2016, 04:36 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by longuylander
None of the Reventon ESCs have reverse when in blinky mode. The Club Stock only runs in blinky mode, so it too does not have reverse. Do you have the ability to change the firmware on your R? While it won't "blink," you'll be able to use reverse (and advance timing, and boost, etc.)
Thank you for the quick reply. I will try that.
Old 09-06-2016, 04:26 AM
Tech Regular

what exactly i can update to the reventon stock club with the program card?
Old 09-07-2016, 01:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ospower
what exactly i can update to the reventon stock club with the program card?
-Brake Force
-Drag Brake
-Adjustable voltage cut off
-DRRS throttle profile setting
-Voltage Protection

The only thing you CAN'T access which is why its a "Blinky" is any form of Timing.
You can adjust the "Punch" (the DRRS) but its design is limited for Blinky Mode racing.

For others-

I am curious, although "frowned upon" has anyone tried the MUCHMORE firmware update?
I've seen it talked about, but if not wanting to make it public, can you PM me your opinion on it?

MOmo
Old 09-13-2016, 12:19 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks a lot man!!!
Old 09-13-2016, 12:21 PM
Tech Regular

Can i update the firmware of the esc?
Old 09-13-2016, 04:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Picked up a Reventon S but the motor wires are too short. Can I remove and add a new wire at the ESC on the board, I do not want to splice in. I quickly tried heating up the bottom of the wire, but it would not come loose. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-15-2016, 04:18 AM
Tech Rookie

Can i used it without the sensor cable?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.