Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 02:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ittjv
Understood, but I was thinking of buying a pro and an R and was just curious if the lcd programmer works fine on it.
Thanks!
Yes the LCD box will work on both ESC.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Any plans to make a Mac version of the software?
Old 01-08-2014, 04:55 AM
Tech Rookie

Hello,

Purchased just before Christmas from RC Mart Speed ​​Passion Reventon Pro 1.1 Brushless ESC w / Competition Motor V3 6.5R.

Mounted it in my B44, 2, and everything seemed ok for a few rounds.
I think I programmed it to "Stock1", has certainly reverse and brake ...

Suddenly it stops and the motor just slowly forward even if I do not give any throttle.
I turn the ESC off and on, so does everything seem to be fine for a few minutes or seconds...
Have tried several batteries, another motor, turning off temp and low voltage protection without result.
I have also tried a fresh installation without result...

Think it's easier if you look at the video I posted at Youtube. The error occurs one minute into the video.

It seems like I'm not allowed to link to other sites
http colon //youtu.be/wRpCU9p9YJE
Old 01-08-2014, 06:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by larshans1
Hello,

Purchased just before Christmas from RC Mart Speed ​​Passion Reventon Pro 1.1 Brushless ESC w / Competition Motor V3 6.5R.

Mounted it in my B44, 2, and everything seemed ok for a few rounds.
I think I programmed it to "Stock1", has certainly reverse and brake ...

Suddenly it stops and the motor just slowly forward even if I do not give any throttle.
I turn the ESC off and on, so does everything seem to be fine for a few minutes or seconds...
Have tried several batteries, another motor, turning off temp and low voltage protection without result.
I have also tried a fresh installation without result...

Think it's easier if you look at the video I posted at Youtube. The error occurs one minute into the video.

It seems like I'm not allowed to link to other sites
http colon //youtu.be/wRpCU9p9YJE

Same here - wired it all up and the motor spun slowly in normal rotation, apply brake and it stops. Calibrated the radio to the TX and no go, nothing works now. (MT4 radio)

Tried sensored, unsensored, different RX, same RX different esc, 3 motors, 2 lipos ........ updated LCD, tried reseting esc ......

Nothing. Dead anchor ........ not too impressed
Old 01-10-2014, 08:47 AM
Tech Rookie

Looking for an answer regarding the stock0 software.

I just uploaded the stock0 into two of my reventon pro sec's. When powering one on I get the "blink blink blink.." of the red led indicating blink mode.

On the other I get "blink blink pause...blink blink pause..." of the red led. I think that it is indicating that it is also in blink mode but the blink sequence is different than that of my other esc.

Both are using the newest version of the firmware. Is it just something to live with or is the blinking sequence mean something?
Old 01-10-2014, 08:48 AM
Tech Rookie

double post. Not sure why..
Old 01-10-2014, 09:15 PM
Tech Addict

i recently ran the revention tonight and it ran great fantastic esc, my only complaint is that i cant seem to get it to switch to a driving setting with reverse in it? while in blinky mode which driving profile should i put it in to put it in the correct mode? well after doing a bit of reading i have discovered that there are only a few settings that allow reverse. WHY? that is ridiculous id like to practice with reverse

Last edited by rc car guy; 01-10-2014 at 09:58 PM.
Old 01-13-2014, 03:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? 1st BL system

Hello everyone, I'm coming back to the r/c scene after a long awaited 9 years, No I haven't been incarcerated, however the former ex-wife definitely didn't like the hobby. I opted for the Speed Passion Reventon PRO 1.1 ESC w/17.5R MMM combo for the stock blinky class in TC Sedan. The new BL system is all new to me. I've gone ahead and skimmed through the user manual to the ESC to get an idea of setup before all my gear makes it to me and plan to carefully reread it many more times before hitting the track so I make sure it is operating correctly. I've also skimmed through the last section of this thread and there seems to be a lot of heat issues as well as shut-downs and just plain fails and only hope this is due to user error.

My question is, the Reventon PRO 1.1 is preloaded with MOD1 so to change or load it to STO0 (Blinky) can I do this with the included LCD box only or will I need a PC to do so?

Also are "Profiles" (MOD0/MOD1/MOD2/STO0/STO1/ROC1/DRI1) now called 'Firmwares"? When I hear firmware I think embedded software for hardware like for the LCD box as well as the ESC which would be a one-time update or again is this what speedpassion calls profiles?

Which leads to my next question, to load the profile STO1 with adjustable hybrid boost parameters this will require updating the firmware to V20 correct?

Last question; Will I lose any of the 17.5R MMM motor features with the motor running either the preloaded MOD1 profile or Blinky profile or was this motor designed for the new parameters of HYBRID BOOST?

Sorry for all the questions, I've only been researching these RC brushless systems for the past 3 days and not much time in each day to do so.

Ok initial-setup seems pretty straight forward so now off to reset my radio to factory defaults before I do anything.

Thanks for reading; formerly "ZER01" / "proudwinner" from 2001.

Last edited by ECM Racing; 01-13-2014 at 03:31 PM.
Old 01-13-2014, 06:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ECM Racing
Hello everyone, I'm coming back to the r/c scene after a long awaited 9 years, No I haven't been incarcerated, however the former ex-wife definitely didn't like the hobby. I opted for the Speed Passion Reventon PRO 1.1 ESC w/17.5R MMM combo for the stock blinky class in TC Sedan. The new BL system is all new to me. I've gone ahead and skimmed through the user manual to the ESC to get an idea of setup before all my gear makes it to me and plan to carefully reread it many more times before hitting the track so I make sure it is operating correctly. I've also skimmed through the last section of this thread and there seems to be a lot of heat issues as well as shut-downs and just plain fails and only hope this is due to user error.

My question is, the Reventon PRO 1.1 is preloaded with MOD1 so to change or load it to STO0 (Blinky) can I do this with the included LCD box only or will I need a PC to do so?

Also are "Profiles" (MOD0/MOD1/MOD2/STO0/STO1/ROC1/DRI1) now called 'Firmwares"? When I hear firmware I think embedded software for hardware like for the LCD box as well as the ESC which would be a one-time update or again is this what speedpassion calls profiles?

Which leads to my next question, to load the profile STO1 with adjustable hybrid boost parameters this will require updating the firmware to V20 correct?

Last question; Will I lose any of the 17.5R MMM motor features with the motor running either the preloaded MOD1 profile or Blinky profile or was this motor designed for the new parameters of HYBRID BOOST?

Sorry for all the questions, I've only been researching these RC brushless systems for the past 3 days and not much time in each day to do so.

Ok initial-setup seems pretty straight forward so now off to reset my radio to factory defaults before I do anything.

Thanks for reading; formerly "ZER01" / "proudwinner" from 2001.
I think I can help a bit with the caveat that I have yet to use the Revention models. As far as I am aware, you do need a PC to change the firmware but all the settings can be changed with the LCD programmer should you choose. Since you intend to run "blinky", you will want to run the next up timing board for your MMM to make up for the fact that you will not have the option to add any dynamic timing via the ESC. The MMM has pretty good torque out of the box and there is no "Hybrid boost" compatible design in play. Speed passion does in fact use separate "firmware" for each mode of operation like Mod, Stock and no boost profiles.
Old 01-13-2014, 06:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rc car guy
i recently ran the revention tonight and it ran great fantastic esc, my only complaint is that i cant seem to get it to switch to a driving setting with reverse in it? while in blinky mode which driving profile should i put it in to put it in the correct mode? well after doing a bit of reading i have discovered that there are only a few settings that allow reverse. WHY? that is ridiculous id like to practice with reverse
Run Mod or stock with no boost and that will give you reverse while still feeling like "blinky".
Reverse is not allowed in racing and "blinky" is only required for spec racing classes (most common these days) therefore no need to allow reverse. It just makes it easier for race organizers to maintain control. It may be a ROAR requirement for the "Blinky" firmware to be legal.
Old 01-13-2014, 06:29 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by YoDog
Speed passion does in fact use separate "firmware" for each mode of operation like Mod, Stock and no boost profiles.
Other than STO1 (Hybrid Boost) which you have to add/update to adjust parameters. Yea speedpassion is saying "The (STOCK1) software uses Hybrid Boost Turbo technology, a great innovation for advanced boost (stock or modified) racing."

It's all good man, it's not rocket surgery, I appreciate the input.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:28 PM
Tech Addict

Run Mod or stock with no boost and that will give you reverse while still feeling like "blinky".
Reverse is not allowed in racing and "blinky" is only required for spec racing classes (most common these days) therefore no need to allow reverse. It just makes it easier for race organizers to maintain control. It may be a ROAR requirement for the "Blinky" firmware to be legal.
That may be true but most racers going to roar legal events know better than ti use reverse in a race its nife foe practice and ill run it in blinky and not be accused of cheating
Old 01-13-2014, 08:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rc car guy
That may be true but most racers going to roar legal events know better than ti use reverse in a race its nife foe practice and ill run it in blinky and not be accused of cheating
What I meant to say is that in order for the blinky firmware to be approved by ROAR, SP needed to eliminate reverse for the spec profile.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:35 PM
Tech Addict

What I meant to say is that in order for the blinky firmware to be approved by ROAR, SP needed to eliminate reverse for the spec profile.
Oh thats weird I wonder why
Old 01-14-2014, 08:25 PM
Tech Addict

so would it be safe to say at the moment that the revention 1.1 isnt roar approved?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.