Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 07:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VexVegaz
Need some clarification on led indicator in relation to sensored motors and blinky stock racing.

i have a reventon pro 1.1 running in blinky 17.5, the manual says that if the esc is running on sensor mode, the orange and red light will remain on. if thats the case how would the esc show in blinky mode (red lights blinking) if the red led is constantly lit?

What im trying to really figure out is, how can i tell if my motor is running at sensored mode while running blinky?
If running stock0, it will blink, trust me....

The manual was saying it is on general software mode like Mod1 mod2 stock1 drift1....other then stock0. Blinky will just do blinking....or it won't be legal for ROAR.
Old 11-02-2013, 07:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gindlmi
Quote:
Originally Posted by twostroke
Has anyone had the magnet come off of the rotor shaft?

This is 7.5R 3.0 motor I got in a Reventon Pro combo from a popular vendor online.

I told someone who also runs SP offroad and they told me based on the number stamped on the motor, the rotor will be replaced by SP because this was happening for a particular batch.

I have emailed SP North America support but haven't heard back in a while.

Just wondering if anyone else has had to go through this.
Yes I have had this happen also to a 5.5 motor. Submitted an RMA on July 23, still don't have it back. I also sent back two reventon pro esc's on Oct21 and my tracking showed out for delivery on Oct 25 but now shows available for pickup. Not sure exactly what the issues are but losing faith. Too bad too because
I really liked the combos for running mod dirt oval.
Give our office a call, talk to a live person and bring out all your previous RMA concern and your new RMA (rotor), and we will be more then happy to replace it for you. Toll free, 1-888-928-1328.
Old 11-02-2013, 06:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quick question I have the Reventon Stock Club Race ESC can I keep up with other highend esc's (orca, tekin etc.) in 17.5 blinky with this esc?
Old 11-02-2013, 06:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by aussierevo
i found the problem was with my laptop. I tried another laptop and it setup as required and enabled me to setup etc. That was all good, but the esc failed me tonight.

Run 2 6min heats tonight and all seem ok, but in the first final, after 3 lap warm up and sitting on grid for 2 mins, the car shut down. no power. on the bench i tried to turn on but it simply doesn't start up. tried another battery, no good.

has anyone had this problem or suggestions what to do to solve. is it the capacitor, receiver issue or simply the esc is stuffed. I tried to connect the program card but it won't power up.
any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 11-02-2013, 08:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
Give our office a call, talk to a live person and bring out all your previous RMA concern and your new RMA (rotor), and we will be more then happy to replace it for you. Toll free, 1-888-928-1328.
Motor issues were taken care of thank you.

Last edited by gindlmi; 11-07-2013 at 07:47 AM.
Old 11-03-2013, 06:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Emaculant
Quick question I have the Reventon Stock Club Race ESC can I keep up with other highend esc's (orca, tekin etc.) in 17.5 blinky with this esc?
I've been wondering about this too. I don't have the Reventon Stock Club Race but I do have an older Citrix Stock Club Race ESC that I started using after my Reventon Pro died halfway through a race. I've only used the Citrix for one day of racing so far but I noticed my lap times were noticeably slower and that was with my motor with 35° of timing. I had faster lap times with the Reventon Pro with the motor at 30°. I race in the VTA class and I thought all ESC's in blinky mode were supposed to be the same speed. But based on what I'm experiencing with the Citrix I'm going to assume that the high end ESC's have a bit of an advantage unless the Reventon Stock Club Race has the same performance as the Pro but without all the extra features.
Old 11-03-2013, 06:51 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Lower resistance, higher amp output. Yeah, not too surprised that is what is being seen unfortunately.
Old 11-03-2013, 07:41 PM
Tech Regular

Thinking about trying sp motors. Just wondering is v3 better than mmm because I can't find find mmm motors anymore? Which one should I get for mod 4wd buggy? Thanks
Old 11-03-2013, 11:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by latentspeed
Thinking about trying sp motors. Just wondering is v3 better than mmm because I can't find find mmm motors anymore? Which one should I get for mod 4wd buggy? Thanks
I believe that the MMM series of SP motors have a timing insert that is higher than the V3.
As for finding MMM motors, try here http://www.speedpassion.net/us/catagory.asp?c=mtr&sc=45

Cheers
Rob.
Old 11-04-2013, 12:38 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks! But why are most placed selling the older v3 instead of mmm? Is the older one better?
Old 11-04-2013, 06:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Emaculant

The Reventon Pro in just about every case will be a better ESC. That being said the Cirtix and Reventon Stock Club Race ESCs work very well for the money. Just a few pages back I posted that both those ESCs have won in VTA Nationals. I have run my 417x with a Stock Club Race a few times outdoors with a 17.5 and it work fine.

Thanks! But why are most placed selling the older v3 instead of mmm? Is the older one better?
V3 and MMM have different characteristics. Since you are running 4WD Buggy you might find more options in terms of winds in the V3 range. They are very popular with our drivers in wheeler.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:51 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I got one of my Reventon Stock Club race units wired up on my Xray T3 2012.

I forgot how much space was a premium on sedans lol.

I like the fact the ESC has a pretty small footprint, but, it would have been nice if some way of securing the capacitor on the ESC was made. It seems to defeat the size advantage in a way. after doing various test fits I finally got a location for it and mounted it up.

As a side note, one thing that helped me with mounting the ESC was resolding the power capacitor wires so that they were not coming out away from the ESC. this setup takes away mounting room since now you have to clear the wires. If they could come out say "downward" off of the circuilt board they would effectively sit within the esc profile. I did something similar to this except going out the side and it worked nicely.

Setup went well, very happy with the first one and it seemed to power the Speed Passion 25.5 Motor I am using as well.

Starting with an FDR of 4.0 and out of the box timing position so will see how it goes at the track.

Anyone got suggestions on timing board selection and position with the 25.5 for optimium power on a 50 x 50 tight track?
Old 11-04-2013, 12:12 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for reply. One more question, if geared right how well do temps stay down? Compared to maybe reedy sonic since this is my current motor
Old 11-04-2013, 12:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nexus
The Reventon Pro in just about every case will be a better ESC. That being said the Cirtix and Reventon Stock Club Race ESCs work very well for the money. Just a few pages back I posted that both those ESCs have won in VTA Nationals. I have run my 417x with a Stock Club Race a few times outdoors with a 17.5 and it work fine.
Thanks for the info. I want to run in a 17.5 touring class. I ordered Reventon Stock Club Race ESC by a mistake and no one will buy it lol. So I'm thinking about using it if I can't sell it.
Old 11-04-2013, 01:41 PM
Tech Addict

My Father has just bought a Revention S ESC. Installed in the car (3racing F113) set it up, no brakes, no drag, nothing.
Luckily I have a Revention Pro with the set-up card and we could use it to get the brakes to work.
So my question is, is there a way of setting up the ESC to adjust brakes?
We aren't exactly new to RC cars (32 years and over 100 cars in the fleet) he just can't work it out. Or does it NEED the settings card to adjust the profile?
If so, why is it sold without one?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.