Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 10:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Tried a windows 7 machine instead of my xp machine, same result. Two evenings messing with it, im done...

have tried just the box, fan off, battery connected, as per instructions, nothing.

My car runs fine with my LRP Flow.. Tried to save a buck here after a motor meltdown in my daughters car took out her SPX Zero, and bought a SP. i think im just gonna stop at Hobbytown tomorrow and get another Flow.

I appreciate the offer Ritchie, but I dont want to risk showing up for a big race and saying sorry hun, your car is dead we cant get it running.. but if we have time maybe we can mess with it.

Which brings me to, FOR SALE: one fresh out of the box Reventon R ESC with program box... lmao!
Old 06-06-2013, 10:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chevtech23
Tried a windows 7 machine instead of my xp machine, same result. Two evenings messing with it, im done...

have tried just the box, fan off, battery connected, as per instructions, nothing.

My car runs fine with my LRP Flow.. Tried to save a buck here after a motor meltdown in my daughters car took out her SPX Zero, and bought a SP. i think im just gonna stop at Hobbytown tomorrow and get another Flow.

I appreciate the offer Ritchie, but I dont want to risk showing up for a big race and saying sorry hun, your car is dead we cant get it running.. but if we have time maybe we can mess with it.

Which brings me to, FOR SALE: one fresh out of the box Reventon R ESC with program box... lmao!
Sorry to hear that it didn't work out well for you. I found that the instructions were worded rather poorly and for the most part, had to figure things out myself.

You could connect the ESC in the following ways;

1) ESC with fan on and connected to battery and program card

OR

2) ESC with fan off and connected to program card and usb cable to PC

I prefer option 2 since I have a user interface to work with. My desktop and laptop running Win7 SP1 has no problems detecting the ESC.

You have to ensure that the drivers are installed first before doing any of the above. I'd admit that it's a chore to get it working, but once you do, it's pretty smooth from there on.

Hope this helps.
Old 06-07-2013, 12:48 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chevtech23
Brand new Reventon R, LED card, installed software from the site, PC does not see the card. If i hold the "value" button on while i power up it says "PC" on the card but nothing else happens. If I try and just use the card hooked up to the ESC, after it powers up i just get a "--" on the screen and none of the buttons do anything. Not impressed so far... Any tips?
What are you actually trying to do? If you are trying to update the firmware in the LED card you need to first, start up the Reventon Application on your pc, Connect up the usb lead to the pc, then while holding down the "RESET' button connect the usb lead to the LED card. This will give you the option to update the LED card. You may need to do this to get the PC software to recognise your led card anyway as the older firmware in the led card doesn't always work and obviously in your case it is not. When you connect your led card to the pc it will always say 'Please connect to the esc' until you have plugged in your esc. One thing you MUST ALWAYS DO is disconnect your esc fan and car battery when connecting to PC. Unlike the GT series the reventon escs are powered through the usb connection when hooked up to pc. Hope this all makes sense. It really is easy to use once you get it connected up the in the right sequence.
Old 06-07-2013, 03:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default Hmmmmmmm

Originally Posted by Solara
SP Tech and Sptech1 are the official Speed Passion USA support here in Rctech. Any question about our products, orders or anything....They will be here to answer. And myself will help to answer as well (I do need help, I can't answer 20-30 PM plus email everyday anymore)....
Well you guys aren't here to answer anything now..........
Thanks.
Old 06-07-2013, 03:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default Page 510

Originally Posted by Solara
Thats why we don't want to review those here...we only share good news, not bad news.
Hmmm,oh well,I THOUGHT I purchased a quality product that was supported by a reputable company.
Such a fool was I.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default sct

i just picked up a Reventon Pro. Where can i pickup a 550Blaze motor? can i run other 550 motors also?
Old 06-07-2013, 09:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Timbo99
Well you guys aren't here to answer anything now..........
Thanks.
Originally Posted by Timbo99
Hmmm,oh well,I THOUGHT I purchased a quality product that was supported by a reputable company.
Such a fool was I.
Is there anything you are actually seeking help with?
Old 06-07-2013, 10:16 AM
Tech Initiate

I am running a X20 5.5 with Revention Pro.
After 3 min the esc thermo cut. The ESC temp is 160 to 170F and the motor is about 140F

Motor in the 27 degree insert
ESC setting:
mod1
DRRS 3
Timed at the 11 degree option
Brake 60
drag 30

Can anyone suggest why the ESC temp are so high, cut off after 3 min?
Old 06-07-2013, 10:20 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by X men
After 3 min the esc thermo cut. The ESC temp is 160 to 170F and the motor is about 140F

ESC setting:
mod1
DRRS 3
Brake 60
drag 30

Both ESC and Motor have fan installed
Old 06-07-2013, 10:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by X men

ESC setting:
mod1
DRRS 3
Brake 60
drag 30

I'm not familiar with the X20, but I know the X12 had inserts to adjust the timing. If they use a similar system are you sure the insert isn't backwards resulting in 47.5 degrees timing?

Running a 5.5 mmm I am only using 10 - 12 on the drag brake setting. 30 for drag brake might put more heat in the esc. I'm not sure, but maybe reduce the drag brake setting?

What fdr are you using and how big is the track?

Your fan on the esc is functional?

I see you are using the Mod1 software. I have been using the Stock1 v20 software on a small carpet track with a 5.5 and not had any overheating issues....and this is with using a ton of push brake.

Perhaps you can try the Stock1 v20 firmware? I've been running these settings (or very close) and been very happy with the product:

10 drag brake
70 brake
5 - 7 drrs
fdr (rubber tires) 7.98:1
delay .2 (I'm planning on reducing to .1)
hybrid power 70
max 135k
6 degree/.1sec slope
8k start rpm

Let me know if this helps.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:52 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks Xpress,

I tried FDR from range 8.2 to 7.6
It is a small indoor carpet, maybe under 100ft straight.
lap time around 9 to 10 sec

I have no idea about the direction abt the insert. it comes with it and I did not change it.

I'll try your setting soon. Thanks!
Old 06-07-2013, 12:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Well if anyone is interested in buying anything from Speed Passion, here is my experience. I ordered 3 bodies and one set of body stickers was ruined in the bag from them, not related to shipping. After going back and forth with emails since they never answer the phone or no one is available, they claim they can't send another set but they are willing to sell me another body or give a refund on the body. How lame is that? They can't appear to support their products. They rather lose the cost of the whole body rather than send a set of stickers from another body that probably costs a dollar.

So the main points are:

1. If you need "service" ASAP or today or this week don't hold your breath.
2. I'm very unhappy with them, maybe they have good ESC/motors but they have HORRIBLE support.
3. Take a chance on ordering their bodies, why cause they don't really stand behind them if they are damaged.
4. They take weeks to reply to a basic email.
5. They never answer the phone.
6. They are not flexible, could of resolved the issue that would of costed them less than $3.00 if that.

Thanks for reading.
Old 06-07-2013, 12:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by louielou
i just picked up a Reventon Pro. Where can i pickup a 550Blaze motor? can i run other 550 motors also?
The 550 Blaze for 4X4 is not release yet. We estimate sometime between Summer and Fall 2013.
Old 06-07-2013, 12:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Speed Passion
Well if anyone is interested in buying anything from Speed Passion, here is my experience. I ordered 3 bodies and one set of body stickers was ruined in the bag from them, not related to shipping. After going back and forth with emails since they never answer the phone or no one is available, they claim they can't send another set but they are willing to sell me another body or give a refund on the body. How lame is that? They can't appear to support their products. They rather lose the cost of the whole body rather than send a set of stickers from another body that probably costs a dollar.

So the main points are:

1. If you need "service" ASAP or today or this week don't hold your breath.
2. I'm very unhappy with them, maybe they have good ESC/motors but they have HORRIBLE support.
3. Take a chance on ordering their bodies, why cause they don't really stand behind them if they are damaged.
4. They take weeks to reply to a basic email.
5. They never answer the phone.
6. They are not flexible, could of resolved the issue that would of costed them less than $3.00 if that.

Thanks for reading.
Thank you for calling us today. Your full refund of the damage product will issue to you withing 36hours.
Old 06-07-2013, 12:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Xpress
I'm not familiar with the X20, but I know the X12 had inserts to adjust the timing. If they use a similar system are you sure the insert isn't backwards resulting in 47.5 degrees timing?

Running a 5.5 mmm I am only using 10 - 12 on the drag brake setting. 30 for drag brake might put more heat in the esc. I'm not sure, but maybe reduce the drag brake setting?

What fdr are you using and how big is the track?

Your fan on the esc is functional?

I see you are using the Mod1 software. I have been using the Stock1 v20 software on a small carpet track with a 5.5 and not had any overheating issues....and this is with using a ton of push brake.

Perhaps you can try the Stock1 v20 firmware? I've been running these settings (or very close) and been very happy with the product:

10 drag brake
70 brake
5 - 7 drrs
fdr (rubber tires) 7.98:1
delay .2 (I'm planning on reducing to .1)
hybrid power 70
max 135k
6 degree/.1sec slope
8k start rpm

Let me know if this helps.
Thank you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.