Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 06:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello guys,

Speed passion just landed on my country for first time ever.

We race 2 classes in 1/10 Electric touring, full stock blinky 13.5 and "mod stock" 8.5 (blinky ESC, but mechanical timing permitted on motor).

I race the 8.5 one and i will be using a Reventon PRO and V3 8.5R ... any suggestion on how this config likes to be geared ?

thanks !!
Old 04-03-2013, 04:51 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Revention S problem

I am running a Revention S in my dirt oval car.
Last night I overgeared and burnt up a motor.
I changed the motor but it won't run.
Rebound radio, recalibrated esc, downloaded stock 0 software,
tried 3 different motors and 3 batteries and nothing.

Orange light is on and red light blinks (blinky mode) when I pull the throttle the light goes to red and nothing happens.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:01 PM
Tech Elite

First 2 SP motors in the country, installed with Reventon Pro escs and they dont move at all hey just keep trembling but no move at all ... any clue ?, tried other motors on same escs and work fine ...

Thanks
Old 04-04-2013, 08:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by NitroBug74
Hi everyone,
I have a new SP reventon Pro paired up with a V3 17.5 motor.
I have wired it up as per the installation manual
I have charged my 2 cell lipo
I have updated all the software
End points and neutral points have all been set
This has all been done about 4 times over

Now, the perceived problem is...

The ESC is loaded with the mod firmware so I can fiddle with the timing
The motor end bell is fitted with a zero to ten degree timing adjustment slot.
It looks like it set something like 3 degrees

I'll switch the ESC on and I get a solid orange led and a solid red led
I can let it sit the forever and nothing will change

As soon as I operate the throttle either a little or a lot both the leds will flash and release back to neutral then the orange led with stay on solid but the red will flash away continuously.

According to the manual and the way I'm interpreting it, this would indicate a voltage problem, but the battery is showing 8.3 / 8.2 volts.

With the timing options enabled on the ESC, I wouldn't have thought this would be indicating blinky mode.

Can anyone offer any advise on this?
The motor and speedy is only about 10 days old and hasn't been run on any surface at all yet as I was building the kit.

Any help would be very much appreciated.
Cheers.

Update, I just tried to run it on the floor, the motor just buzzes and convulses when it tries to run with any sort on weight on it... Just the car weight.
I'm thinking something is horribly wrong.
In the following test, please give a little throttle for run the motor.
1st try: disable voltage protect
2nd try: If your ESC is connecting sensor, unplug it to test.
3rd try: Change the other motor to test. If the ESC have same problem on the other motor. That mean the ESC have a hardware problem (something like MOSFET issue, sensor problem).
Old 04-05-2013, 08:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I have a new Renventon R and one I bought used. When I hook them up to the setup box the used esc on the power setting goes up to a value of 11. The new esc only goes to 9. Why is there a difference?
Old 04-05-2013, 11:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mxgregg
I have a new Renventon R and one I bought used. When I hook them up to the setup box the used esc on the power setting goes up to a value of 11. The new esc only goes to 9. Why is there a difference?
The older ESC probably has updated firmware.
The newer ESC has been sitting in inventory with whatever firmware was installed when manufactured. Check the firmware version # and I'll bet they are different.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:15 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks, So I can hook it up to my pc and update it?

Originally Posted by YoDog
The older ESC probably has updated firmware.
The newer ESC has been sitting in inventory with whatever firmware was installed when manufactured. Check the firmware version # and I'll bet they are different.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mxgregg
Thanks, So I can hook it up to my pc and update it?
Yupp... you will need to download the latest software from the SP website then install the interface on your computer. From there you can update the box and the ESC.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:47 AM
Tech Addict

Sweet. Thanks!

Originally Posted by YoDog
Yupp... you will need to download the latest software from the SP website then install the interface on your computer. From there you can update the box and the ESC.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:00 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I recently bought a Reventon Pro. My question is how do you update the box? I've plugged it into the computer expecting a menu to update the box first but no dice. I am only able to get options after I plug in the ESC. BTW, the menu says Reventon R rather than Pro on the title screen when I plug in only the box. Can anyone help?

TIA
Old 04-05-2013, 06:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by capricorn415
I recently bought a Reventon Pro. My question is how do you update the box? I've plugged it into the computer expecting a menu to update the box first but no dice. I am only able to get options after I plug in the ESC. BTW, the menu says Reventon R rather than Pro on the title screen when I plug in only the box. Can anyone help?

TIA
In your instruction booklet it will tell you how to its rather easy you have to run the program in safe mode on your computer by pressing the s button on your keyboard then push the reset button as you plug in your program box. Think i got it all but check your booklet its in there.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by capricorn415

TIA
Before plugging in the USB cable, (No connection to the Speedo at this time), with the software up and running on your computer, Press and hold down the 2nd button from the left "Reset", while holding down the button down, plug in the USB cable. (yes you can start with one end of the UBS cable plugged in, I normally have it connected to the box). Once you have plug it in, you should see the "Upgrade Firmware" on the left side about 2/3 the way down from the top, appear. You can release the button. Click the "Update Firmware" button on the screen, this should take around 10mins.

See step by step direction starting on page 19 at Update firmware on box
Old 04-07-2013, 06:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Today I drove with my new Speedpassion reventon Pro and 4.5 MMM setup for the first time. I'm very impressed with the system.

The problem I had was that the car at the end of a run (around the 5 minute mark) suddenly slowed down to what seemed to me a protected speed. Like half the speed of a 21.5 but would still work.

The temperatures did not seem outrageous to me. Motor was 110F and the speedo around 140F. Did the speedo go in thermal protection, or does it shut itself off in that case? What else does it sound like? A lipo issue? The next heat after a charge everything seemed to work fine again for the first 5 mins, but same thing happened again.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by napoleon1981
Today I drove with my new Speedpassion reventon Pro and 4.5 MMM setup for the first time. I'm very impressed with the system.

The problem I had was that the car at the end of a run (around the 5 minute mark) suddenly slowed down to what seemed to me a protected speed. Like half the speed of a 21.5 but would still work.

The temperatures did not seem outrageous to me. Motor was 110F and the speedo around 140F. Did the speedo go in thermal protection, or does it shut itself off in that case? What else does it sound like? A lipo issue? The next heat after a charge everything seemed to work fine again for the first 5 mins, but same thing happened again.
Do you see any LED are flashing when the car slowed down? I guess the Heat Protection is enabled.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:36 AM
Tech Initiate

I have a mini Electric RC car, and I am facing a problem with it. Whenever I start it my car's headlights are turned on. And I don't how to turn it off.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.