Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2015, 08:48 AM
Tech Regular

Well I bought one anyway.

Great motor, very strong bottom and top end. Brakes are good too.

Ended up running more boost and more aggressive punch settings to get the bottom end feel I like, 30 Deg motor timing and still it came off at less than 60 deg after a 5 minute run.

Happy days
Old 08-10-2015, 11:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mi4cxl
Not ran a speed passion since the mmm v3.

How does the new v4.0 13.5 stack up against the competition, Inc short stack motors.

Cheers

The V4 13.5s have been running great. They are also officially ROAR approved now. I know this is the onroad thread, but Michal Orlowski just won the 4WD Euros running a v4.0 motor.
Old 08-10-2015, 03:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Forgive me if this has been answered, -but I haven't found the answer (yet I am sure its been posted in the 862 pages of this thread ...I just haven't found it).

I just removed a revtech 21.5t motor and swapped w/ a SP "MMM" 21.5t.
The MMM I have is set to +10 timing, ...the instructions are vague, ...how do I adjust the timing on this motor? I think, but am not clear, that I have to purchase a new sensor board?? Where does one get said sensor board? ..this is in a Tamiya Mini, gearing is fixed so real options are to adjust motor timing. I had the Revtech Killshot in there and it was a good motor, but our top driver w/ the SP MMM was passing me on the long straights.

Also, are there options to switch the stator on that motor? What is recommended for higher RPM?
Old 08-11-2015, 07:46 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by cam345
Hello, I have a Reventon R that won't calibrate. This happened after trying to change the firmware to stock 0. It worked fine in mod 0. The program card won't show any of the settings. I never was able to download the stock 0 successfully. The Reventon program won't connect with the speed control. I'm wondering if there's a way to do a hard reset? Right now the speed control won't do anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Anyone have any suggestions on this?
Old 08-11-2015, 08:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eR1c
Forgive me if this has been answered, -but I haven't found the answer (yet I am sure its been posted in the 862 pages of this thread ...I just haven't found it).

The MMM I have is set to +10 timing, ...the instructions are vague, ...how do I adjust the timing on this motor? I think, but am not clear, that I have to purchase a new sensor board?? Where does one get said sensor board? ..this is in a Tamiya Mini, gearing is fixed so real options are to adjust motor timing. I had the Revtech Killshot in there and it was a good motor, but our top driver w/ the SP MMM was passing me on the long straights.

Also, are there options to switch the stator on that motor? What is recommended for higher RPM?
The standard black sensor board is actually at about 38-40 deg when set at +10 position, the only way to get higher is to purchase one of the optional sensor boards, which are red +10, green +20, yellow +30 or blue +40.

Find out what sensor the quick guy is running and copy him
Old 08-12-2015, 06:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cam345
Anyone have any suggestions on this?
Originally Posted by evochick
The standard black sensor board is actually at about 38-40 deg when set at +10 position, the only way to get higher is to purchase one of the optional sensor boards, which are red +10, green +20, yellow +30 or blue +40.

My guess is he is running at least a yellow +30. Some rules don't allow for changing of anything except the timing board so you need to be clear if they allow for rotors too.
Old 08-12-2015, 08:35 AM
Tech Master

I wonder if in the next firmware update, they could write in some code for direct application. I have been on the hunt for a cable that might allow for direct connection from my tablet and the ESC. (Namely because I don't really want to have to buy the BT adapter. For me, I would rather connect direct using my Tablet or smartphone (Android) to connect direct to the box and make changes. I found a proper cable that accomplishes this.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00MWQ...C0L&ref=plSrch

How many of you are using the BT adapter? would anyone prefer a cable option?

Momo
Old 08-12-2015, 09:22 AM
Tech Elite

My guess is he is running at least a yellow +30. Some rules don't allow for changing of anything except the timing board so you need to be clear if they allow for rotors too.
Thanks for the information this is super helpful.
I do know that our fastest driver did switch out the sensor boards, -he told me so.
Also, this does confirm that you must purchase sensor boards to adjust the timing (this is different than any motor I've used in the past ...and wanted to confirm).

Thanks!!
Old 08-12-2015, 09:33 AM
Tech Elite

One more question,

I have the SP 21.5T "MMM" motor. It states that timing can be up to +20 degrees. So I am correct in assuming that the yellow sensor board which is +30degrees would not work for my motor? ...I am thinking that the green sensor board which is rated at +20 degrees would be the highest I could go? ...but maybe not?

(I wish the SP website were more clear on this)!

Last edited by eR1c; 08-12-2015 at 04:37 PM.
Old 08-12-2015, 07:59 PM
Tech Rookie

Hello, I have a Reventon R that won't calibrate. This happened after trying to change the firmware to stock 0. It worked fine in mod 0. The program card won't show any of the settings. I never was able to download the stock 0 successfully. The Reventon program won't connect with the speed control. I'm wondering if there's a way to do a hard reset? Right now the speed control won't do anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-12-2015, 08:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

One more question,

I have the SP 21.5T "MMM" motor. It states that timing can be up to +20 degrees. So I am correct in assuming that the yellow sensor board which is +30degrees would not work for my motor? ...I am thinking that the green sensor board which is rated at +20 degrees would be the highest I could go? ...but maybe not?

(I wish the SP website were more clear on this)!
you can install any of the sensor boards, the plus +20 on the endbell isn't an actual 20 deg. I haven't put one of the option sensors on my motor checker, but my guess they are just incremental advances to go above 40 deg actual timing of the black sensor board.
Old 08-13-2015, 05:33 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Bricked Smart LCD Program Card

I tried to update the firmware my Reventon Smart LCD Program Card from 2.4 to 2.7. Nothing happend after 20 min, so I disconnected and now the card seems to be dead. Any suggestions?
Old 08-13-2015, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

you can install any of the sensor boards, the plus +20 on the endbell isn't an actual 20 deg. I haven't put one of the option sensors on my motor checker, but my guess they are just incremental advances to go above 40 deg actual timing of the black sensor board.
-Thanks Evochick!
super helpful.
Old 08-15-2015, 02:15 PM
Tech Rookie

I recent;y purchased a wifi module. But I can't seem to find the app for it. Any suggestions?
Old 08-15-2015, 08:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mudbeast2
I recent;y purchased a wifi module. But I can't seem to find the app for it. Any suggestions?
The wifi module only works with iOS 5 and 6 right now so that could be your issue.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.