Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 09:05 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by muahdib4
Alrighty, just installed my new reventon stock club with a Novak 25.5 ballistic. Followed all the setup instructions and I'm getting a flashing red light (solid orange) which the manual says means low voltage. I'm running a brand new, freshly charged Gens 5000mah 2c Lipo so that can't actually be an issue can it? It seems to run fine. Can I turn that off the voltage cutoff without the program card?
The light is normal on the stock club esc. What is said in the manual only apply to other Reventon model.

SP CS
Old 02-06-2013, 09:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by SP CS
The light is normal on the stock club esc. What is said in the manual only apply to other Reventon model.

SP CS
Cool, thanks. Seemed to be working fine, just didn't want to mess something up. I'm really digging this and may just have to get the reventon pro for my 2wd buggy that I may end up with.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:42 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)
Unhappy

Originally Posted by Lessen
Is anybody ever going to respond?

I've called that 800 number several times in the past month and nobody ever picks up. I leave messages and nobody returns my calls. I've emailed with no response. I've now sent 3 PM's to two members here whom I thought were associated with Speed Passion. Aside from the one time I spoke to somebody nearly a month ago, I've been completely blown off. Was this post simply a PR move? Does the fact that I forgot to write the RMA number on the outside of tht box entitle you to keep it? Am I going to continue to be blown off for another 30 days so you can call it "abandoned"? Up until this post I've been very polite, but even being backed up doesn't warrant this level of inadequate customer service.

Response? Anything?
I'm getting the same kind of response you are. I've been trying to contact Speed Passion since 1/15/2013; exactly 3 days after I bought my ESC direct from them. My situation is probably something in the line of programming or a very simple fix. As for now, I just have a expensive paperweight.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamSkunkwerks
As for now, I just have a expensive paperweight.
Fortunately, you havn't sent it to them yet. Not that still having it matters much if it doesn't work properly.

*edit*

Actually just got a PM response today. I won't praise until I receive a package but at this point it seems they are making a honest effort to fix what has become the bigger issue. I can appreciate that.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Is there a release date for speed passion's new F1 car?
idbdoug
Old 02-07-2013, 08:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by TeamSkunkwerks
I'm getting the same kind of response you are. I've been trying to contact Speed Passion since 1/15/2013; exactly 3 days after I bought my ESC direct from them. My situation is probably something in the line of programming or a very simple fix. As for now, I just have a expensive paperweight.
PM me with some details and I can try and assist you if this has not been solved yet.

Originally Posted by Lessen
Is anybody ever going to respond?

I've called that 800 number several times in the past month and nobody ever picks up. I leave messages and nobody returns my calls. I've emailed with no response. I've now sent 3 PM's to two members here whom I thought were associated with Speed Passion. Aside from the one time I spoke to somebody nearly a month ago, I've been completely blown off. Was this post simply a PR move? Does the fact that I forgot to write the RMA number on the outside of tht box entitle you to keep it? Am I going to continue to be blown off for another 30 days so you can call it "abandoned"? Up until this post I've been very polite, but even being backed up doesn't warrant this level of inadequate customer service.

Response? Anything?
I'm not sure who was PMd, but I have not received anything from you. If you are still having issues I can help resolve things.

Originally Posted by idbdoug
Is there a release date for speed passion's new F1 car?
idbdoug
Nothing official yet.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:10 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

SP Tech: Does the 1-800 number work as far as a way to actually speak with someone or not? I think that would help a lot of people know what is going on.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:49 AM
Tech Addict

Sp tech- I got a response yesterday telling me another attempt was going to be made to get an ESC to me. Apparently it got lost in the mail. This has been somewhat frustrating, but it seems those involved at SP are making a standup effort to right things. We'll see when I get something. Thanks for responding.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:07 PM
Tech Legend

Make sure and get a tracking number and the method they are shipping it.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:21 PM
Tech Addict

I wasn't given a tracking number, but according to the website they always ship USPS. That's problem #1 honestly. Affordable, but not reliable. I'm trying very hard to give benefit of the doubt here. I've enjoyed SP products for the 2 years I've been racing. It's unfortunate that the first time I needed customer service has been a flop. They've made a nice gesture, so I'll just have to be patient for it to arrive.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:55 PM
Tech Legend

haven't really had an issue with the USPS, its the only way I ship personally.

Regardless of what method, I still say request a tracking number.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:45 PM
Tech Addict

I checked my RMA status on the website and it's finally been updated. Tracking number is there as well via Priority Mail. That's good, because 1st class is notorious for losing stuff. I've had it happen to me a couple times. Never with Priority though.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:01 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey All, thinking of getting a Speed Passion Reventon R. i know it states for 2c lipo but is anyone running a 3c lipo on it ?? i know ppl who run 3c lipo on hobbywing ezrun 60A and the SP is 70A..... words from the wise needed ????
Old 02-08-2013, 03:52 AM
Tech Regular

Looking for a new esc (been running hobbywing esc`s for the last 4 years)
want to try something new

the reventon pro has some nice features looking at the specs, but one thing that makes me wonder is that why does all the factory drivers still drive the old gt2? looking at pics from ets, eos, reedy etc

what is it with the esc that makes the drivers choose the old hobbywing made esc over the new ztw made esc?

i`m currently racing in 17.5 boosted stock, will try some modified racing too.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

What's happening with all the top touring drivers leaving SP? first Marc R now Marc F?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.