Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 07:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nnick
What are the differences between S and R. Pro?
S...standard version, can use mulitple software. Standard AMP output.

Stock Club Spec......same as S - standard version, but cannot change software, ideal for BLINKY MODE racing, USVTA and USGT, or any spec racing.

R....Race version, can use multiple software. Higher AMP output.

PRO.....PRO VERSION, different design to S and R, can use multiple software. Highest AMP output with no motor limit. 1-2 cells design with no booster required.

EVERY REVENTON ESC can equipt with the optional WIFI, or BLUETOOTH device and can be setup via APPLE or Android device. (except the stock club spec).
Old 12-20-2011, 07:41 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ahpeq_ong
planning to buy one sp esc...
currently im using tekin rs pro...
i'm playing 17.5t with no timing(stock) and 13.5t with boost(prostock) class...
so,can anyone recommend whether GT2.0 pro or 2.1 prostock...

thank guys...
GT2.1 ProSTOCK is perfect for you....you can use the same ESC and run boost with 6.5 mod motor without problem. But that is probably the limit for the ESC. We have only a few left so act fast...
Old 12-20-2011, 07:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
GT2.1 ProSTOCK is perfect for you....you can use the same ESC and run boost with 6.5 mod motor without problem. But that is probably the limit for the ESC. We have only a few left so act fast...
thank for fast reply...
or should i wait for new esc...?
and how much will new version esc cost...?
thank you..
Old 12-20-2011, 08:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
S...standard version, can use mulitple software. Standard AMP output.

Stock Club Spec......same as S - standard version, but cannot change software, ideal for BLINKY MODE racing, USVTA and USGT, or any spec racing.

R....Race version, can use multiple software. Higher AMP output.

PRO.....PRO VERSION, different design to S and R, can use multiple software. Highest AMP output with no motor limit. 1-2 cells design with no booster required.

EVERY REVENTON ESC can equipt with the optional WIFI, or BLUETOOTH device and can be setup via APPLE or Android device. (except the stock club spec).
What is the motor limit of the R? If I am racing 4.0-5.0t mod touring should I wait for the Pro? Using the GT2.0 Pro right now, it's the best ESC for mod, hands down.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:48 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mattwoodcraft
hello

thanks for your reply
i have the GT2.0 pro and i have also purchased a the 2.1 pro stock to try as well when it arrives to see if there is any difference.
i do not have LPF as you mentioned earlier, the reason why i have ordered the 2.1 pro is i see that all stock racers are using these and not the GT 2.0 pro when i first bought this speedy i had every intension in running Mod but i have been away from TC for a while and wanted to get my eye and set up back in. now is good just lacking the top end by at least 2 car lengths by the end of the straight.

this is my set up and the track we race at here
just wanted to bounce some ideas of you just to see what you think , i do agree that boosted stock can be a difficult class to set up for as you say now that you guys in the US only run non boosted now ?
i am happy now that i do not blow motors as i was doing at least 3 a meet my MMM has now had at least 20 packs through it

our track

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3why7...layer_embedded

thanks
Originally Posted by M-Technic
I have never run the MMM motor, so I don't know if your gearing is proper. But here is my input on the ESC setup:

- move #9 to 44*
- move #10 to 12/0.1s
- move #12 to 20*
- move #13 to 5,000 rpm
- move #14 to 0.2s
- move #15 to 350

I think you are adding too much timing at once with your current setup starting at 4,000 rpm and no turbo delay.
I am very much agreed with M-Technic. I measured your track on google earth and is about 180 foot long on straight...that is very much a typical 1/8th size track and M-Technic is very similar to what I recorded the last boost 17.5 that I had and recorded...

Your 24*/0.1s is too much...motor rev too high and too soon and thats why you don't have any back end on the straight..you are not using the low rpm of the motor itself and dumping too much timing at the beginning. Just like pressing the NOS button from the launch...wasted. (Suggestion, change to 12*/0.1s)

Your Boost/Turbo setting are acceptable, but like M-Technic said, try 44/20, put more boost and lower the Turbo.

Your Boost start RPM is acceptable, but if you need it sooner, try 3000 rpm

Your Turbo Time delay is zero...no way, your straight is too long for that, you need at least 0.2 sec on that...zero time delay will be used on indoor carpet or any straight less then 100 feet.

Boost Acc...yours is 300, alittle too low...try 450 to start, if need it more, go down to 400 or 350.

Overall, your gearing is FINE...around high 5 and low 6.

If you are using MMM motor, use the stock RED timing ring and tune to the left about 12*....if need more, go to the middle at 15*. Don't use the V3 black timing and set to 5*...that is too little timing.

Let us know your result...

Howard
Old 12-20-2011, 08:51 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ahpeq_ong
thank for fast reply...
or should i wait for new esc...?
and how much will new version esc cost...?
thank you..
New ESC will be next year....only S and R will be out first, Stock Club race after..the PRO the last one, around SUMMER time.

New ESC will be priced about 30% more then the current GT version.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:54 AM
Tech Champion

What is the motor limit of the R? If I am racing 4.0-5.0t mod touring should I wait for the Pro? Using the GT2.0 Pro right now, it's the best ESC for mod, hands down.
Oh yeah....stick with your PRO now, don't sell it...I am keeping all my GT for back up, just like MARC always keeping his 416x for the emergency backup just because that car is so much DIALED for him....

The REVENTON PRO is definitely the way to go with the 4.0 MOD racing with boost, and we will have new boost software dedicated just for MOD motor racing....will use that ESC and software for the upcoming WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP. The preview will be at TITC in FEB. But no garrantee we will be using that for the final. But I am sure we will be testing at that event with all of our factory drivers.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:08 AM
Tech Elite

Sounds good, thanks for the info. Can't wait for the new Pro ESC.

I am currently using a 5.0t with 323_Stock and a good amount of boost/turbo (about 32 boost, 14 turbo). It's extremely fast, but more importantly it's very easy to drive thanks to the smooth power delivery of the GT ESC.
Old 12-20-2011, 11:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Solara

Whats stopping people using the R or Pro speedo in a blinky class changing the softwere via bluetooth on the start line then changing back to blinky after the race ???

Even the smallest amount of boost will kill the 0 boost class and trust within the class , we have decided next year with our national's from free speedos in 0 timing mode to ONLY cirtix as people we still trying to cheat !!!!!

i will use the Pro version as soon as it is available ;-)
Old 12-20-2011, 11:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

solara and M-Technic

thanks very much for your input it was a 1/8 gas nitro track once but we have since moved in.
i will put these settings in and put the other timing in as you mentioned Solara and let you guys know how it went.

very good infomation it certainly helps when you can see the settings and the track

i will let you know next time i race and test it

i look forward to the next outing
Old 12-20-2011, 11:50 AM
Tech Champion

M-technic and I are working on a setup for my 2.1 and 7.5 mod. We are real close, thanks for the insight TJ. Right now the car is ballistic, going to work on a little more rip...
Old 12-20-2011, 01:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default 1/12th 13.5 boosted

I'd like some advice and suggestions for setting up a 1/12th scale for 13.5 boosted. Track size is 80'x36'. Motor is a Reedy Sonic 13.5. Speedo is a GT 2.1EX model. I have the usb programmer and can flash to whatever firmware is recommended.

What is a good FDR and baseline boost/turbo configuration to start with? First time trying this. Thanks in advance!
Old 12-20-2011, 02:08 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by sidecarphil1
Hey Solara

Whats stopping people using the R or Pro speedo in a blinky class changing the softwere via bluetooth on the start line then changing back to blinky after the race ???

Even the smallest amount of boost will kill the 0 boost class and trust within the class , we have decided next year with our national's from free speedos in 0 timing mode to ONLY cirtix as people we still trying to cheat !!!!!

i will use the Pro version as soon as it is available ;-)
In order to alter the ESC, there is a small device you have to add on onto the ESC in order to do wifi or bluetooth. Without that device, none of the wifi bluetooth can communicate with the ESC. And that's why we don't put that device into the ESC as built in just because ppl can CHEAT on that (We did think about that ahead of time, as I was hired to CHEAT on our prototype for the past 7 months....not working...LOL)

Now...once we have the wifi/bluetooth device released, I will have a page on the SP website and video to educate track owner or race organizer that at the TECH table, this device cannot be visible or connected, or this driver will be automatic disqualified.......and this device, we made it LARGE enough so they cannot HIDE in without spotting it...if he want to cheat, risk his chance to be disqualified and add weight...he can do it, be my guess. But he won't be able to pass TECH.

We have a plan that will go thru all the race event TECH table all over the world, not just in USA. (I have at least 100 ppl asked me the same question at I-hobby 2 months ago and I have that answered like 100 plus time...I think I should do a video and post it on youtube so I don't have to explain it again...I am sure once the ESC and WIFI BLUETOOTH device released...this question will be asked another 100 time...LOL)

Also, REVENTON S can do the wifi bluetooth connection via the wireless device...only ESC cannot do that is the REVENTON STOCK CLUB RACE.
Old 12-20-2011, 02:14 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mattwoodcraft
solara and M-Technic

thanks very much for your input it was a 1/8 gas nitro track once but we have since moved in.
i will put these settings in and put the other timing in as you mentioned Solara and let you guys know how it went.

very good infomation it certainly helps when you can see the settings and the track

i will let you know next time i race and test it

i look forward to the next outing
NO problem....

But like I told Paulie.......if I have a track like that as my local track, I would not waste time on 17.5 boost..........I boost the crap out of my 4.5 or even 4.0 and hit 70mph instead of the "watching paint dry class" like the 17.5 with boost, LOL

Dude you are wasting that beautiful track......
Old 12-20-2011, 02:16 PM
Tech Champion

Sounds good, thanks for the info. Can't wait for the new Pro ESC.

I am currently using a 5.0t with 323_Stock and a good amount of boost/turbo (about 32 boost, 14 turbo). It's extremely fast, but more importantly it's very easy to drive thanks to the smooth power delivery of the GT ESC.
Originally Posted by TimPotter
M-technic and I are working on a setup for my 2.1 and 7.5 mod. We are real close, thanks for the insight TJ. Right now the car is ballistic, going to work on a little more rip...
Thanks for the support...and keep letting us know about anything you guys working on....

In Chicago, we have something called SNOW so on road outdoor is over...we are moving in for little carpet match box car racing or Off Road. So if you guys have some good setup on ESC/motor, please let me know and I can post it on our web....

As well as other friends that used or ESC and Motor around the world...I will try to post them as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.