Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 10:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
Today or tomorrow...but I am sure it won't last too long.

http://www.speedpassion.net/us/catagory.asp?c=esc&sc=16
Also try http://cefxspeedshop.com/Speed-Passion_c26.htm
Old 12-19-2011, 10:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by azz187
Is there any news on when SP are releasing their new ESC range??
I'm still waiting, it's so to find a 2.1 or 2.0gt anywhere.
New ESC should be out early next month...REVENTON S and R. PRO will be later next year. GT2 should be back instock soon, check your local distributor.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:46 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mattwoodcraft
Solara

i have a question regarding the differences between the GT2.0 and 2.1 i have the 2.0 now if i run the 323 software will the speedies deliver it any different ? or will the 2.0 be okay with stock is there any disadvantage ?

the other thing as well i am still struggling to compete with anybody in speed using a tekin speedy no matter what the combo whether it be tekin and sp or tekin or lrp they are killing us down the straight

what are your thoughts ?

will the new speedy with the new software coming out next year be any different for stock boosted 17.5 ?

thanks
Originally Posted by dfiantii
Can't wait to hear the response on this one as I am running the 2.0 esc as well.
if you are talking about GT2 LPF vs 2.1 Prostock...not much of a different. 2.1 ProStock is newer model and have alum case. It is my first choice to use for boost STOCK racing. All of our GT ESC can load with 323 program....except LPF/ProStock can only use 323 with motor like 6.5 and slower....if you need boost on 4.5 motor, you must run GT2 PRO.

You have to keep trying our setup and adjust per your track condition. I cannot give you a PERFECT setup as I have never race at your track. Unfortunately we are no long running BOOST as stock anymore in US as they are 100% converted stock to no timing now....

Boost is MOD for us now...
Old 12-19-2011, 10:54 AM
Tech Champion

Black GT2.1 ProStock and BLUE GT2 PRO are instock, for a short period of time and quantities...act fast.

http://www.speedpassion.net/us/catagory.asp?c=esc&sc=16
Old 12-19-2011, 10:57 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by John.C
Albert - Did you ship the screws? If so, can you provide the confirmation number as promised?

Thanks.
Already email to you last week...please check your junk email as well. Check PM as well
Old 12-19-2011, 10:58 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by cheehtae
Do you have this available?
Sensor unit for V3.0 Motors +20°Timing
Yes...INSTOCK

http://www.speedpassion.net/us/produ...SP000029&c=OPT
Old 12-19-2011, 11:04 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Smoedog
I have the short course master esc...any way to add a turbo function?
Cannot do that...you need GT2 LPF, GT2.1 ProStock or GT2 PRO ESC.

Short Course Master is the entry level ESC.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:22 AM
Tech Champion

Solara

this is what i was using as a set up in the speedy, I have been descussing this also with Patto here along with a few guys also who use the SP what are your thoughts
it has been suggested not to use the turbo function and just use the boosting
thanks
Can't read your file...can't open using MS Office 2010 saying some error in the contend file....

It is absolutely NOT TRUE to not using TURBO at all.......it is depends on the size of the track and layout. We had track that has no advantage if using turbo and we had great success using high BOOST and little turbo but there is not true that it is the way to go for all BOOST application.

Let me know your setup and your motor setup...as well as the track you are going to use it on and I can think of some suggestion...

Thats why we gave up on the boost STOCK...it is really a pain in the butt class and it burnt motor left and right, no matter how to setup....
Old 12-19-2011, 12:20 PM
Tech Adept

Hi guys,

I have recently picked up a Speed Passion 1 Cell 10.5 motor.
I am going to be running it boosted in a 1 Cell WGT car with a tekin RS pro.
Can you guys recommend a rollout and any setting for the Tekin?

Cheers
Chris
Old 12-19-2011, 03:20 PM
Tech Champion

GT2.1 ProStock BLACK instock............act fast.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Can't read your file...can't open using MS Office 2010 saying some error in the contend file....
It is absolutely NOT TRUE to not using TURBO at all.......it is depends on the size of the track and layout. We had track that has no advantage if using turbo and we had great success using high BOOST and little turbo but there is not true that it is the way to go for all BOOST application.
Let me know your setup and your motor setup...as well as the track you are going to use it on and I can think of some suggestion...
Thats why we gave up on the boost STOCK...it is really a pain in the butt class and it burnt motor left and right, no matter how to setup....
hello

thanks for your reply
i have the GT2.0 pro and i have also purchased a the 2.1 pro stock to try as well when it arrives to see if there is any difference.
i do not have LPF as you mentioned earlier, the reason why i have ordered the 2.1 pro is i see that all stock racers are using these and not the GT 2.0 pro when i first bought this speedy i had every intension in running Mod but i have been away from TC for a while and wanted to get my eye and set up back in. now is good just lacking the top end by at least 2 car lengths by the end of the straight.

this is my set up and the track we race at here
just wanted to bounce some ideas of you just to see what you think , i do agree that boosted stock can be a difficult class to set up for as you say now that you guys in the US only run non boosted now ?
i am happy now that i do not blow motors as i was doing at least 3 a meet my MMM has now had at least 20 packs through it

our track

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3why7...layer_embedded

thanks
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
17.5 MMM 18-12-11.pdf (103.8 KB, 150 views)
Old 12-19-2011, 08:57 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

If anyone needs the older style LCD programmer msg me.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:40 PM
Shop Owner

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

New ESC should be out early next month...REVENTON S and R. PRO will be later next year. GT2 should be back instock soon, check your local distributor.
What are the differences between S and R. Pro?
Old 12-20-2011, 05:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

hello

thanks for your reply
i have the GT2.0 pro and i have also purchased a the 2.1 pro stock to try as well when it arrives to see if there is any difference.
i do not have LPF as you mentioned earlier, the reason why i have ordered the 2.1 pro is i see that all stock racers are using these and not the GT 2.0 pro when i first bought this speedy i had every intension in running Mod but i have been away from TC for a while and wanted to get my eye and set up back in. now is good just lacking the top end by at least 2 car lengths by the end of the straight.

this is my set up and the track we race at here
just wanted to bounce some ideas of you just to see what you think , i do agree that boosted stock can be a difficult class to set up for as you say now that you guys in the US only run non boosted now ?
i am happy now that i do not blow motors as i was doing at least 3 a meet my MMM has now had at least 20 packs through it

our track

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3why7...layer_embedded

thanks
I have never run the MMM motor, so I don't know if your gearing is proper. But here is my input on the ESC setup:

- move #9 to 44*
- move #10 to 12/0.1s
- move #12 to 20*
- move #13 to 5,000 rpm
- move #14 to 0.2s
- move #15 to 350

I think you are adding too much timing at once with your current setup starting at 4,000 rpm and no turbo delay.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

planning to buy one sp esc...
currently im using tekin rs pro...
i'm playing 17.5t with no timing(stock) and 13.5t with boost(prostock) class...
so,can anyone recommend whether GT2.0 pro or 2.1 prostock or LPF..and what is the diff...

thank guys...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.