Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 09:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by QDRHRSE
That's what I was hoping not to hear. I read that its not recommended. I also saw that the ESC is smaller. Oh well. You live an you learn. I'll sell the EX and use something else. If you can't use it in a touring car, how do they think its going to work in an offroad buggy?
EX esc is designed to work with 12th and 10th scale WGT because we lowered the heatsink (less heatsink) in order to fit those low profile body. It cannot mount a fan for the same reason....because of the smaller heatsink and no fan, thats why it is not recommanded for 2S racing on TC racing.

It works on 2S buggy racing stock motor is because OFF ROAD typically are alot less POWER compare to ON ROAD. Buggy, hardly use alot of SUPERCHARGER or BOOST....On road does. Thats why you will see those 1/8th E-buggy, running 4S, can last 15 minutes...but 1/8th On Road, E conversion...I am lucky to last 6 minutes without blowing up the ESC. Big different...

Another reason EX is a good option for stock 2WD buddy is the same reason like on 12th scale...the ESC can be mount on the side and the body of the buggy can still fit without punching a hole above it. Thats why we listed the EX on the 2WD stock buggy list of recommanded ESC.

About you selling the EX...trust me, you won't have any problem selling it, we are on world wide backorder for all 3 of the EX until like....I don't know when.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:43 AM
Tech Champion

Our team drivers just received their prototype software for the STOCK Racing. Targetting for indoor carpet, small tight track layout...and 12th scale/10th WGT software. Especially the lower RPM ramp, and Supercharger boost/RPM range are revised....

Once the testing are done and approved...it will be listed on Speed Passion website for download.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

Solara,

Thanks for the response. I'm surprised by it as my 1/10 buggy is a lot heavier than the TC5 and contrary to what you are saying my buggy is set up to have a lot of timing and a load of boost starting at a low rpm. My local track has a huge straight as well as some large jumps that come right after slow corners and with a 17.5 in it I need all the get up and go that I can get. Anyway, the info is much appreciated and since you are the manufacturer I'll take your advice.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:00 AM
Tech Champion

Solara,

Thanks for the response. I'm surprised by it as my 1/10 buggy is a lot heavier than the TC5 and contrary to what you are saying my buggy is set up to have a lot of timing and a load of boost starting at a low rpm. My local track has a huge straight as well as some large jumps that come right after slow corners and with a 17.5 in it I need all the get up and go that I can get. Anyway, the info is much appreciated and since you are the manufacturer I'll take your advice.
It is the amount of THROTTLE using on ON ROAD is alot more then off road...thats why the run time on ON ROAD is alot shorter then OFF ROAD.

Of course...if I am running a OFF ROAD on the current WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP track @ Thailand (175 x 350) versus a 40 x 90 indoor carpet with TC5...there are no comparison.

The boost/turbo used on TC 17.5 (open ESC spec) should be ALOT more on ON ROAD then on OFF ROAD....however, I am not a good off road guy to answer that question, so correct me if I am wrong...(I am going to OFF ROAD this coming year, hopefully I can learn a thing or 2).

Thanks for your support with SP.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quick question. Will the hobbywing esc program box work on my cirtix??? Reason I ask is that a bud has two of them and I want to use one till I can get the speed passion programmer.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Solara,

it has more to do with wheel spin then the weight of the car that loads up the esc. I've ran boosted 17.5 in a SC10 in the mod class where most guys ran a 8.5 and had very little trouble running up front. I'm not really sure which buggy you can mount the esc on its side and still clear the
body thou.
Old 11-12-2010, 01:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

i run the fan off the esc and double sided tape next to it to still blow air on it.
Old 11-12-2010, 02:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Thanks for the software! I'll be using it on the track tomorrow night on my GT2.1 EX esc.
Old 11-12-2010, 04:07 PM
Tech Adept

the new software for indoor tight on carpet, is it for the gt series speedos? i was wondering if i will be able to ues it on my gt2pro2.0?
Old 11-12-2010, 04:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xrayal
the new software for indoor tight on carpet, is it for the gt series speedos? i was wondering if i will be able to ues it on my gt2pro2.0?
Yes, the new SW is for the GT Series.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Solara
Our team drivers just received their prototype software for the STOCK Racing. Targetting for indoor carpet, small tight track layout...and 12th scale/10th WGT software. Especially the lower RPM ramp, and Supercharger boost/RPM range are revised....

Once the testing are done and approved...it will be listed on Speed Passion website for download.
is there any changes on DRRS ?
Old 11-13-2010, 11:26 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Danny-b23
Yes, the new SW is for the GT Series.
on our tight indoor 22m straight tech track my settings are as follows:
fdr 7.4
gt2.0pro 528
drss 8
amts 8
sc boost 1 off
sc rpm delay 4000
sc full th delay off
sc punch max (hot)
max temp reached on motor 67degrees
no fan on speedo-max temp 40 degrees
novak 13.5 ss with mechanical timing set to 3/4 advance
5000mah 40c demon lipos
the car is as quick as any other, although on the straight the tekins initial pull is greater for around 3m when i catch up.
as for lap times, last night the fastest gut was 8.36 sec lap and mine was 8.76 and that is more to do with driver skill...............
Old 11-13-2010, 12:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xrayal
on our tight indoor 22m straight tech track my settings are as follows:
fdr 7.4
gt2.0pro 528
drss 8
amts 8
sc boost 1 off
sc rpm delay 4000
sc full th delay off
sc punch max (hot)
max temp reached on motor 67degrees
no fan on speedo-max temp 40 degrees
novak 13.5 ss with mechanical timing set to 3/4 advance
5000mah 40c demon lipos
the car is as quick as any other, although on the straight the tekins initial pull is greater for around 3m when i catch up.
as for lap times, last night the fastest gut was 8.36 sec lap and mine was 8.76 and that is more to do with driver skill...............
Sounds like your car would be faster if you switch #12 to a different number. As of right now you have no SC function with it on #1.
Old 11-13-2010, 02:45 PM
Tech Adept

[QUOTE=traper285;8204911]Sounds like your car would be faster if you switch #12 to a different number. As of right now you have no SC function with it on #1.[/QU

12 had been set at 4. every run i went down one and the car was feeling quicker, also lap times were geting quicker......... car is much faster with sc turned off.
Old 11-13-2010, 03:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

[QUOTE=xrayal;8205318]
Originally Posted by traper285
Sounds like your car would be faster if you switch #12 to a different number. As of right now you have no SC function with it on #1.[/QU

12 had been set at 4. every run i went down one and the car was feeling quicker, also lap times were geting quicker......... car is much faster with sc turned off.
Punch should be on #3 or 4. 12 should be #9. gear it closer to 8.0. You are not accelerating because you're trying to jam all the timing in right away (punch set @ max), and your pinion is too big for that track. So when you take away the SC timing, it goes faster. Try the above and see if it helps.
This exact scenario has been fixed by following the above in several cases locally.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.