Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 08:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by charlie_b
Congrats SP drivers on an exceptional showing at Reedy. I wish i was there. We will only get better from here...i promise!
charlie i was testing ur 17.5 esc setup on sp site. i was not on a track but test it in a parking lot on my cyclonetc hae a lot of rip but did not hve good braking whT i done wrong, and what i need to do b4 i put it on the track
Old 06-03-2010, 03:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc3 racer sc
charlie i was testing ur 17.5 esc setup on sp site. i was not on a track but test it in a parking lot on my cyclonetc hae a lot of rip but did not hve good braking whT i done wrong, and what i need to do b4 i put it on the track
make sure your reverse force is turned up it will give you alot more brakes
Old 06-03-2010, 09:13 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by razzor
I think they the best of the rest.
The Tekin for its size and performance is great and i feel its got a bit more punch and is the bench mark for stock esc's. In mod its a bit tempremental and prone to overheating. I also have only ever used Tekin in my brushed racing and still run my old 410K in the silver can class.
The SP/HW i like for its ease to work on and make changes with the programmer as well as its awesome reliability. In mod i think its one of, if not the best esc available. The SP GT v1 was the first brushless esc i bought and have stuck to them over the last 3 years or so. Seen too many failures and problems with other makes to justify changing.
Bonus is these are the best supported esc's on RCtech
Yeah..i would have to agree the small size is pretty much needed for electronics. I thank you for your honest opinion. I actually used to be a Tekin driver back in the 90's and they were always known for having the most punch, then Novak, and LRP was always the softest. Seems that they still have the same game plan still for Stock.

CHeers Man..i appreciate your unbiased opinion!

Originally Posted by tc3 racer sc
Mr Crum is spot on. For your braking, if you like a lot of brakes, make sure your brakes is at 100% and REVERSE FORCE is at 100% as well. (#5 and #6)

Also, mechanically, you can achieve MORE rip and MORE brakes if your change your spur/pinion combo but using a bigger spur. If you can manage getting the same FDR and using the bigger Spur, you will get MONDO brakes. Good luck man!
Old 06-03-2010, 03:51 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by emerge
Guys, not sure if this has been covered already - been away from the forums for 6 weeks....But just reading the new ROAR RULES for sportsman - does this have any remafactions to Stock and below?
As I understand it there can be a Stock or Sportsman class, read the race flyer carefully. If it’s Stock you can use any software, including the 100422 for example.

If it’s Sportsman then you must use a V2.0 with software 508. The list of approved Sportsman ESCs and software is listed on the Roar site, check for updates. I would think/hope the V2.1 with 508 would be added at some point???

http://www.roarracing.com/downloads/...l_ESC_List.pdf

Also as you probably noticed Sportsman forbids RC company advertising, no RC company body stickers or T shirts and such.

Guys, please flame away if I’ve got anything wrong, trying to get ready for the Offroad Nats myself.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by mr crum
make sure your reverse force is turned up it will give you alot more brakes
thxs for info
Old 06-03-2010, 05:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by charlie_b
Yeah..i would have to agree the small size is pretty much needed for electronics. I thank you for your honest opinion. I actually used to be a Tekin driver back in the 90's and they were always known for having the most punch, then Novak, and LRP was always the softest. Seems that they still have the same game plan still for Stock.

CHeers Man..i appreciate your unbiased opinion!

Mr Crum is spot on. For your braking, if you like a lot of brakes, make sure your brakes is at 100% and REVERSE FORCE is at 100% as well. (#5 and #6)

Also, mechanically, you can achieve MORE rip and MORE brakes if your change your spur/pinion combo but using a bigger spur. If you can manage getting the same FDR and using the bigger Spur, you will get MONDO brakes. Good luck man!
thxs for info will try it what a good gear ratio for 17.5 nemesis/ or duo2
Old 06-05-2010, 06:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi guys, used the 422 software last night with my gt2 pro in my tamiya 416WE..at the start of the evening the car had noticable boost down the straight but lacked infield power and lacked acceleration off the sweeper onto the straight, like a fool i didnt jot down my adjustments and where i started in my settings and by the time i found the acceleration,i had lost the boost down the straight as a result and couldnt find what i changed to loose it.. the track is indoor carpet with a straight of 25 meters, below are the settings i ended up with and would really appreciate if someone could point out where i may have gone wrong..

motor V3 10.5 with mecanical timing in the middle ( as supplied )
FDR 6.96

4 start mode 9
9 timing 5 ( 15 degs )
12 sc boost 4 ( stage 3 )
13 sc rpm delay 3 (6000 rpm)
14 sc throttle delay 2 (0.1 )
15 sc punch 2 (-1)

the car was really nice and easy to drive, and although i poled the meeting i feel the software has alot more to offer but at the moment my knowledge is extremly limited with this software, and would appreciate anyone elses input.

thanks in advance
mark
Old 06-05-2010, 07:16 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mark williams
Hi guys, used the 422 software last night with my gt2 pro in my tamiya 416WE..at the start of the evening the car had noticable boost down the straight but lacked infield power and lacked acceleration off the sweeper onto the straight, like a fool i didnt jot down my adjustments and where i started in my settings and by the time i found the acceleration,i had lost the boost down the straight as a result and couldnt find what i changed to loose it.. the track is indoor carpet with a straight of 25 meters, below are the settings i ended up with and would really appreciate if someone could point out where i may have gone wrong..

motor V3 10.5 with mecanical timing in the middle ( as supplied )
FDR 6.96

4 start mode 9
9 timing 5 ( 15 degs )
12 sc boost 4 ( stage 3 )
13 sc rpm delay 3 (6000 rpm)
14 sc throttle delay 2 (0.1 )
15 sc punch 2 (-1)

the car was really nice and easy to drive, and although i poled the meeting i feel the software has alot more to offer but at the moment my knowledge is extremly limited with this software, and would appreciate anyone elses input.

thanks in advance
mark

Try this.
9/7
12/6
13/1
14/2
15/2
FDR-6.5

That should put hair on your chest with a good amount of rip.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

message to SOLARA

Hi , have you managed to post marc and viktors esc settings from ets anywhere yet ? or could you pm them to me as im very keen to try 422 with 4.0t V3

many thanks
mark
Old 06-06-2010, 10:23 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi guys,

Tried the 422 software for the first time last week. Im running a LRP X11 on 4 cells on a track with a long straight.

Currently im running:

9 AMTS: value 5 (15 deg)
12 SC boost: 2
13 SC RPM delay: 1 (4000rpm)
14 SC throttle delay: 1
15 SC punch: 2

Im running 75mm rollout and the car is very fast on mid and high rpm's, but lacks a little bit in the bottom end. Gearing shorter doesn't do the trick, it actually looks like the punch decreases.

Any suggestions?
Old 06-07-2010, 10:01 AM
Tech Adept

Exclamation

Hi is this

http://www.muchmoreracing.com/store/...oducts_id=3547

the same as the GT2.0? Can it be updated with the 422 stock software the same?

Thank you
Old 06-07-2010, 10:07 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by ixlr8nz
Just read the post that solara quoted me on at the top of the page with regards to how 422/518 works.

And yes 422/518 can only be downloaded off the net and do not come standard with the esc.

Mike
were can i download 518
Old 06-07-2010, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kallin
were can i download 518
speedpassion doest have a 518 , the 422 is very good and very fast!!
Old 06-07-2010, 12:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mark williams
message to SOLARA

Hi , have you managed to post marc and viktors esc settings from ets anywhere yet ? or could you pm them to me as im very keen to try 422 with 4.0t V3

many thanks
mark
Again...I did not tried this but I am going to try this on a 125x275 track this weekend, it is nothing official. Here is the setup I will use with a 4T motor - final drive, I would definitely start at 10, I don't really know cause I have not run MOD in years nor mod with SC.

(4) 7
(9) 4
(12) 3
(13) 9
(14) 5
(15) 4

Originally Posted by kallin
were can i download 518
No such thing.....100422 is the latest official software.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:10 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

a buddy at the track installed the 422 software in my GT 2.0. i had to write down the rest of the control settings(12-15) from SP.com because the original box only reads up to 9. i said what the hell it still isn't going to be faster than my tekin rs. i hooked it up to my old corally rdx and soldered a 2008 orion vortex 17.5 motor to it. as soon as i put the car down, the car went like a bat outta hell!!! i'm glad i didn't get rid of the GT2.0. now it's just as fast as the tekin rs. with the right gearing and programming it could be faster.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.