The Speed Passion Thread

Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 11:26 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shawn Palmer
Hi Benny,

Any physical advance already on the motor is a static baseline the software works off of. As for exactly how we're manipulating the timing within the ESC to get better top end and punch while still retaining runtime and keeping the motor cool - that's a secret
Old 08-11-2009, 12:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo
These kinds of questions have been asked a few times before, usually with no response. This response also doesn't help any of us understand how to get the most out of their products.

Surely you could let us know a little more so we can keep up with the competition. Especially for spec classes where we need all the help we can get to stop getting smoked speedies like SPX and now Tekin with their new firmware.
see post #486.

I have yet to be smoked by a ESC. MY SP2.0GT in fact smoked a field full of SPX's and Tekins and yea they had the latest software
Old 08-11-2009, 01:03 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
see post #486.

I have yet to be smoked by a ESC. MY SP2.0GT in fact smoked a field full of SPX's and Tekins and yea they had the latest software
my friend Loui has been using the latest software on his 2.0 gt and he is not lacking on power, his car is just as fast if not faster than some of the guys running the spx's
Old 08-11-2009, 06:57 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Especially for spec classes where we need all the help we can get to stop getting smoked speedies like SPX and now Tekin with their new firmware.
What software are you running?
Old 08-11-2009, 07:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

see post #486.

Originally Posted by abailey21
What software are you running?
I,ve gone back to one of the stoftware that comes loaded with the esc. From memory 923a. We have tried 205 but find its all bottom end and lacking top.

I'm sure none of us are asking for top secrets, but some of the fundementals when making certain changes.

For example do different DDRS setting change when or how much the timing starts to advance or is it simply a current limmit? And with this speed control does the timing advance happen gradually or all at once when a certain rpm is reached? The same kinds of questions could also apply the the different software. At the moment all we can do is try an almost endless number of setting combinations/softwares and hope we get lucky.

Surely you guy's can understand that if your competition are answering these kinds of questions and helping all their uses get the absolute most out of their equipment, you are going to loose business to them.

I mean no disrespect to anyone who spends some of their valuable spare time answering many other questions on this forum, but in my opinion, some of us need a little more info.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

see post #486.

That wasn't the speed control buddy.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default safety timing

hi adam
here is almost same question :

when using motor timing to max on physical motor to the max
and set the gt timing to max timing,
will it be overlapping real max timing?
and result reversed rotation on the motor?
Old 08-11-2009, 09:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I,ve gone back to one of the stoftware that comes loaded with the esc. From memory 923a. We have tried 205 but find its all bottom end and lacking top.

I'm sure none of us are asking for top secrets, but some of the fundementals when making certain changes.

For example do different DDRS setting change when or how much the timing starts to advance or is it simply a current limmit? And with this speed control does the timing advance happen gradually or all at once when a certain rpm is reached? The same kinds of questions could also apply the the different software. At the moment all we can do is try an almost endless number of setting combinations/softwares and hope we get lucky.

Surely you guy's can understand that if your competition are answering these kinds of questions and helping all their uses get the absolute most out of their equipment, you are going to loose business to them.

I mean no disrespect to anyone who spends some of their valuable spare time answering many other questions on this forum, but in my opinion, some of us need a little more info.
in my world, and i don't go with the flow on this one, IMO, each motor has a gear that it performs best at reguardless of track size, last year at roar nats i found that i was able to gear my SP 13.5 at 4.23 or somewhere around there. I also found that the chassis enjoyed a certain size spur when compared to other, at least i liked the feel of it. I have used this gearing on all different sizes of tracks, the only time i changed it, was when i wanted to take power away. so you have to find your gear ratio, then move on to timing, which i set at 18.75 degrees, now i need a little extra top end, so go up a tooth or go up in timing, either one will increase temps, I'm usually around 160-170. if i go up in pinion, i have to go down timing, if i go up in timing i have to go down in pinion, I usually run around 6 on DRRS, so if i go up in timing and the motor doesn't get hot then all is good, if the motor gets hot, i have to drop a pinion, I'll drop two teeth and go up on DRRS. it can be a long messy process, i don't have a permanent track so i only get 3 chances/changes per sunday to get it right, so i know how you feel. there is no quick and easy short cuts, while i can post my settings and car setup, someone else will think its crap. i.e. at the Reedy Race, Arron Young gave me his setup to try. and while he finished 5th or 6th in the A and had single fast lap, I didn't like his setup at all.

hope this helps. as far as how the insides of the ESC work, I have no idea.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default A little UPSET!

Tonight after working every day for the past month and a half I had high expectations of running my new Lipo edition 12rr. However to no avail that didn't happen. I thought for sure that I would have no problems with the Speed passion 2.0 Gt Pro speed control (considering I had nothing but good luck with my LPF). However I had nothing but problems with this "Pro version". I purchased the TQ cell booster to run along with my Fantom 3.7 5000mah battery. I have power either way through the speed control and or the booster switch. AM I missing something? Thanks....... I'm a little tired so maybe I missed a set. Please help.

Last edited by SwampDog32; 08-13-2009 at 06:32 AM.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SwampDog32
Tonight after working every day for the past month and a half I had high expectations of running my new Lipo edition 12rr. However to no avail that didn't happen. I thought for sure that I would have no problems with the Speed passion 2.0 Gt Pro speed control (considering I had nothing but good luck with my LPF). However I had nothing but problems with this "Pro version". I purchased the TQ cell booster to run along with my Fantom 3.7 5000mah battery. HOW in the HE&& are you supposed to set the speed control? I have power either way through the speed control and or the booster switch. However I can't get the damn speed control to set. I didn't even see the light your suppose to see. AM I missing something? Thanks....... Could I have a defective speedo? Please help.

I had what sounds like the same sort of problem with my GT2.0 LPF (in my offroad truck), and 'abailey' pointed me to a post he made a few months ago:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/5752871-post168.html

Originally Posted by abailey21
yeah it's much easier to use the tones,

holding down the setup button it will beep consistantly...

Push once for neutral, it will beep once

hold full throttle and push again it'll beep twice

hold full brake and push again it will beep 3 times

turn off then on and your good to go
The bottom line is that the LED's are "hidden" -- use the "beeps" -- worked for me...
Old 08-12-2009, 10:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I personally find all the latest software crap. If you want top end try the 4th software from the bottom of the list. I forget the nummber but it is the 1st software in the list from the bottom ending in the letter "t". I find it has the most top end and generaly a good feel.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
I personally find all the latest software crap. If you want top end try the 4th software from the bottom of the list. I forget the nummber but it is the 1st software in the list from the bottom ending in the letter "t". I find it has the most top end and generaly a good feel.
I assume thats what you gave me on sunday. It did have a good smooth power delivery and good top end. At least there is someone out there doing what they can. It seems as though the questions I asked a little earlier have once agian drawn a blank!
Old 08-12-2009, 11:49 PM
Tech Master

Where does all this top end go and come from when regardless of software versions, the max AMTS remains at 26.25%?...
Old 08-13-2009, 01:06 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cyanyde
Where does all this top end go and come from when regardless of software versions, the max AMTS remains at 26.25%?...
Their is no doubt from trying different firmware/software that it does change top end. As to how or why, we are all in the dark on that one.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:50 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SwampDog32
Tonight after working every day for the past month and a half I had high expectations of running my new Lipo edition 12rr. However to no avail that didn't happen. I thought for sure that I would have no problems with the Speed passion 2.0 Gt Pro speed control (considering I had nothing but good luck with my LPF). However I had nothing but problems with this "Pro version". I purchased the TQ cell booster to run along with my Fantom 3.7 5000mah battery. HOW in the HE&& are you supposed to set the speed control? I have power either way through the speed control and or the booster switch. However I can't get the damn speed control to set. I didn't even see the light your suppose to see. AM I missing something? Thanks....... Could I have a defective speedo? Please help.
Call me today...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.