Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 08:23 AM
Tech Adept

does anybody have a link for the 318/324?
Old 03-28-2010, 08:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Obviously, SOMEONE has been forwarding files that he is NOT suppose to forward...it is just GREAT...
Old 03-28-2010, 08:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xrayal
does anybody have a link for the 318/324?
Well I would send you the one I got from Hobbywing but if you read the post above it may not be such a great idea (if you know what I mean)

At least the public BETA ones have been tested sort of fully don't think it's such a great idea if these things go public too early. Hope Solara agrees with my thinking here.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:05 AM
Tech Adept

i understand mate, no probs
Old 03-28-2010, 09:08 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by cherry2blost
Well I would send you the one I got from Hobbywing but if you read the post above it may not be such a great idea (if you know what I mean)

At least the public BETA ones have been tested sort of fully don't think it's such a great idea if these things go public too early. Hope Solara agrees with my thinking here.
Hobbywing software....use on hobbywing speed control

Speed passion software....use on speed passion speed control.

You tell me where is the problem here......I think you should post that on your own hobbywing thread, you created one, and you should stick with that one.

On the other side note....us test driver has a full detail PDF explain each version what was changed and what was improved and what setup to use to start testing the software. Now...your source from CHINA (Hobbywing part) should send you a full detail listing of the different between 231 and 318...THEN, another full detail about the different between 318 and 324. NOW...they should send you another full detail about the different between 324 and 3XX version...

We do get these information from Speed Passion. How about your Hobbywing source? Ask them to forward you the info...as does the base line setup.

If you do use the speed passion version, you won't have to ask the question about should you use 318 or use 324...come on, if you do have it, keep it to yourself, or leave that at hobbywing.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:14 AM
Tech Adept

Sorry did not mean to let the cat out the bag,with the new firmware, I was sent the files to try and supply feedback, The new stuff is good thou !
Old 03-28-2010, 09:20 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Solara
Hobbywing software....use on hobbywing speed control

Speed passion software....use on speed passion speed control.

You tell me where is the problem here......I think you should post that on your own hobbywing thread, you created one, and you should stick with that one.

On the other side note....us test driver has a full detail PDF explain each version what was changed and what was improved and what setup to use to start testing the software. Now...your source from CHINA (Hobbywing part) should send you a full detail listing of the different between 231 and 318...THEN, another full detail about the different between 318 and 324. NOW...they should send you another full detail about the different between 324 and 3XX version...

We do get these information from Speed Passion. How about your Hobbywing source? Ask them to forward you the info...as does the base line setup.

If you do use the speed passion version, you won't have to ask the question about should you use 318 or use 324...come on, if you do have it, keep it to yourself, or leave that at hobbywing.
Nuff said will place it on HW thread then. Sorry for offending you AGAIN Mr Solara, seems you take offense rather easily though........ Again it wasn't me who mentioned it first but as usual you jump all over me lol.

However I was not actually asking you Solara was asking the guy who already used the software, again you jump in with both feet to shut people up when they are discussing things which they wish to. It is perfectly on topic and I suggested it would not be a great idea to disseminate the software. why the offensive tone to your post friend ? The fact that the software came from 'THE' factory is not at issue here, it is the attitude of many of the SP 'reps' that is wrong here.

By the way is that the same Hobbywing thread which the Speed Passion reps got deleted 3 times due to 'copyright' issues?

Sounds like he plays with Madam P and her 5 daughters actually.

Originally Posted by SlideMasteR
Sorry did not mean to let the cat out the bag,with the new firmware, I was sent the files to try and supply feedback, The new stuff is good thou !
I thought this was a discussion thread for our Speedo's as well, but apparently we are not allowed to discuss these things on here any more.

Last edited by cherry2blost; 03-28-2010 at 09:38 AM.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:24 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by cherry2blost
Nuff said will place it on HW thread then. Sorry for offending you AGAIN Mr Solara, seems you take offense rather easily though........
SIR....offense? Please....we have ppl keep asking question about HOW COME they cannot get the Hobbywing LCD programmer to work with SP speedo or software. Offense....? You tell me if you are the SP driver or customer support if you can CONSTANTLY seeing ppl asking the same question.

At least, you saw ppl asking that question, you have a solution for them. which is good....unfortunately, we don't have the resourse or time to do that to everyone.

Please do stick around your Hobbywing thread, cause we will forward all these hobbywing Q&A to you to take care. Make sure IRGO is with you too.

Don't worry about me getting pissed off....not really. I just want you and others to know all the Hobbyking Q&A and software should be forwarded to YOU. And if you have any Q&A about Hobbyking item, you should do that on your Hobbywing thread. Leave this to Speed Passion only thread. Please...
Old 03-28-2010, 09:29 AM
Tech Adept

sorry if ive upset anyone???????????? but i use speed pasion lcd and sp.gt2.0 and sp13.5 motor.so im on the right thread?????????? i find the early to mid throttle not great for me on 231, and heard about 318 at a track here in the uk. looked on this thread and found 318. didnt know it was top secret, but understand that not tested could blow my equipment. i thought we are trying to beat the tekins and spxs? i love my sp gear, its nice to be competetive again.but if there is some software ie 318/324 or wot ever then id love to try it out..................
Old 03-28-2010, 09:31 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by madwestmo
I was also wondering which to use as my LPF come with 14awg , is it worth me buying some 12awg ? running 13.5t if that makes any differance ?
It is not a HUGH deal between the 2ga...14ga is easier to wire, 12ga probably is better for MOD motor with high current. In your case 13.5...14ga or the one it came with are good enough.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:36 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by xrayal
sorry if ive upset anyone???????????? but i use speed pasion lcd and sp.gt2.0 and sp13.5 motor.so im on the right thread?????????? i find the early to mid throttle not great for me on 231, and heard about 318 at a track here in the uk. looked on this thread and found 318. didnt know it was top secret, but understand that not tested could blow my equipment. i thought we are trying to beat the tekins and spxs? i love my sp gear, its nice to be competetive again.but if there is some software ie 318/324 or wot ever then id love to try it out..................
It is not about TOP SECRET or whats not....its about, it is NOT a official release, it was not posted by SHAWN or SP and thats why they are not suppose to be on public (it was LISTED specificly by SP that we are not ALLOW to forward them to anyone except all the SP drivers).

When I was testing 100110 software, I blew (4) brushless motor and (2) speed control in 1 day of practice by testing all the perameter of the setting. The 100110 is exactly the same as the 318 or 324....you really want to test the software, you have to go ABOVE and BEYOND the setup. IF....your speedo blow up or your blew your motor....you know Speed Passion would not provide any waranty or service because the public should not even use this software.

I am not a CRAZY NUTS here to buzz around ppl's A$$$ for no reason...but this is simply a "covering our A$$$" situation.....those who has the 318 and 324 software, test with your own risk.

I am out...racing NITRO now.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:50 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Solara
SIR....offense? Please....we have ppl keep asking question about HOW COME they cannot get the Hobbywing LCD programmer to work with SP speedo or software. Offense....? You tell me if you are the SP driver or customer support if you can CONSTANTLY seeing ppl asking the same question.

At least, you saw ppl asking that question, you have a solution for them. which is good....unfortunately, we don't have the resourse or time to do that to everyone.

Please do stick around your Hobbywing thread, cause we will forward all these hobbywing Q&A to you to take care. Make sure IRGO is with you too.

Don't worry about me getting pissed off....not really. I just want you and others to know all the Hobbyking Q&A and software should be forwarded to YOU. And if you have any Q&A about Hobbyking item, you should do that on your Hobbywing thread. Leave this to Speed Passion only thread. Please...
Ummm I was keeping it a Speed Passion thread, don't even start me up on the hassle we have, talking about anything on here which the SP thought police have not OK'd. Some one mentions an SP software, I reply to it and get shot down lol.

As for support where are the detailed instructions for installing YOUR software on YOUR products lol, Oh I forgot they are over on the 'other' thread and I have sent out over 200 copies of it to SPEED PASSION owners who were not getting any help here. Now THATS funny

Feel free to send the Questions over and we will try our best to help them out, as it seems the SP support peeps have gone awful quiet again.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:45 AM
TEM
Tech Regular

Can everyone just calm down here!

Seriously, be reasonable here! Why should SpeedPassion be held responsible for HobbyWing stuff?

Imagine you open up a company called ABC and you paid Nike to make you shoes that you sell and brand as ABC shoes. If someone has a problem with their Nike shoes; should you be responsible for it?

And IF, JUST IF, nike sold shoe cleaner, and ABC sold shoe cleaner; if someone used Nike shoe cleaner and it melted the ABC shoe, are you going to warranty it? But if your ABC shoe cleaner was labeled safe for ABC shoes and it melted your ABC shoe, then you should probably warranty it.
Old 03-28-2010, 11:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Amen solara
Old 03-28-2010, 11:47 AM
Tech Adept

ok thanks for clearing that up. i didnt know it was leaked out. i am however looking forward to the official release, which i assume will be public on sp website.
a big thankyou to all who blow up their stuff to provide us with the safe official software
.like i said earlier, i dont want to upset anybody, i just love our sport/hobby, and am amazed at the speed that brushless in general is moving.
go back 18 months you wouldnt belive the speed 13.5 could could do now........................

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.