Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 03:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Please, please, please someone help me.

I have downloaded the beta software and swapped the two files overas instructed, in fact I have done it 4 times including re installing the speed passion software v1.132 onto my laptop.

My son and I have two brand new GT pro stock 2.1 speedo and have used them three times, but thought lets try the new "supercharger software".

No matter what i do I can not see the new software as an option to update. So we thought we would try the 107 stock software ............... it says it installed sucessfully AND we recalibrated the speedo to the transmitters but it is sooooooooooo slow its not true. I then thought OK lets re install the 110 software (that came on the pro stock 2.1) and they are still dead slow, even after another recalibrate. I have reinstalled the software numerous times but nothing changes.

Any ideas how I get my speedos back to how they were??

Or why I cant get the "supercharger" software to be an option in my software??

I have borrowed the Speed Passion LCD program box just for four days and now wish I had not bothered and just left well alone!

The version of software on the speed passion LCD box is V1.02 does this need to be upgraded?and if so how???

Please someone, can you help, we are desperate !!!
Old 03-26-2010, 03:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by baldman666
Please, please, please someone help me.

I have downloaded the beta software and swapped the two files overas instructed, in fact I have done it 4 times including re installing the speed passion software v1.132 onto my laptop.

My son and I have two brand new GT pro stock 2.1 speedo and have used them three times, but thought lets try the new "supercharger software".

No matter what i do I can not see the new software as an option to update. So we thought we would try the 107 stock software ............... it says it installed sucessfully AND we recalibrated the speedo to the transmitters but it is sooooooooooo slow its not true. I then thought OK lets re install the 110 software (that came on the pro stock 2.1) and they are still dead slow, even after another recalibrate. I have reinstalled the software numerous times but nothing changes.

I have borrowed the Speed Passion LCD program box just for four days and now wish I had not bothered and just left well alone!

The version of software on the speed passion LCD box is V1.02 does this need to be upgraded?and if so how???

Ok...take a couple of deep breaths, no reason to panic...lol!!!!!

Ok.... you will not see the SuperCharger Values in the 1.32 software on your computer nor on the LCD Digital Programming Box. You have to use the box stock LED programming box to see the values.
Old 03-26-2010, 04:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

Originally Posted by steve eaves
Where can this be downloaded?thanks
Steve get ahold of Monte, from what I kno he has one of the LCD boxes to load the new firmware to the 2.0's
Old 03-26-2010, 04:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

[QUOTE=baldman666;7190751]Please, please, please someone help me.

Right click over the speedpassion icon on the desk top.

This was the only way I could get the new programs to show up in the LCD box.

Run the software twice into the LCD box and the speedy just to make sure.

If it reads ver 1.02 you dont have it in the LCD box right click the icon and run as administrator and then upgrade the LCD box.

Read back on some posts here as there were some issues with some people (me included)with vista.

The LCD box wil have V1.80 I think as the version number.
Old 03-26-2010, 04:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Sean; I understand that the extra values (11 - 15) will only appear on the led box.

BJ & Sean; What I dont have is the 230/231 software appearing to be able to download it into the speedos (once or twice). On the drop down in the V1.32 Speed passion softwareI only had 107 or 110 STOCK as options, so I thought Ok well I will try the 107 software, I down loaded it to the speedo and it said it was successful. But man is the car slow!!!!!! I recalibrated the transmitter). then i thought OK lets put it back to the 110 that it came with ... and the car is dog slow still (after re calibrating the tranny).

Now I wish i had just left it all well alone.

The LCD programming card is on V1.02 and I am wondering if this is not up to date enough to read the new "supercharger" software?? How do I go about updating the LCD box software from V1.02 ???????

I am totally P*ssed now because the LCD box has to go back in three days ...........AAAAaaaaaaagh!!

BJ; I am not fully understanding what your telling me to do .......... sorry.

Thanks both of you for trying to help me, but I am still no further forward ............ HHHhhhhhhhelp me someone please !!

Man this is like a nightmare ........... I dont even mind now if I cant get the "supercharger" software to load up I just want my GT 2.1 Pro stocks to be back as they came from the factory (ie. quick ..... unlike now)

Sean, Adam anyone plz?
Old 03-26-2010, 05:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

baldman666

How are you openning the speedpassion usb link?

If you turn on the computer and look at the screen when it boots up you see the icon speedpassion usb link V1.32.

Hold the mouse over the icon and right click on the mouse (mouse pad) a box should open (vista) and the third one down says run as administrator.

Hold the cursor over run as administrator and left click the mouse (mouse pad).

Try that as it is the only way I can get the software to work on my laptop.

You must update the LCD box first, I update at least twice to make sure it all goes in.Same for the speedy at least twice to make sure all software is complete.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:44 PM
Tech Rookie

BJ; Thanks for your patience with me.

The Speed Passion V1.32 opens up and runs ok, I have used it, but I dont have the supercharger software (230/231) as an option to load up to the speedo.

I am annoyed because since loading up 107 & then back to 110 the cars are dog slow and not as they were before I started messing with it.

I dont know how to update the LCD programming card from V1.02

I am thinking that this might be the issue because it is on V1.02 which maybe is not "seeing " the newer software in the Speed passion V1.32 software.

BJ; ""You must update the LCD box first, I update at least twice to make sure it all goes in.Same for the speedy at least twice to make sure all software is complete.""
How do I update the LCD box ?????????? I am sorry if I am being thick, I appreciate your help.

Many thanks
Old 03-26-2010, 06:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

I know its not right to say it in this thread but it may help if you have a look at the hobbywing xerun thread as there is a sort of tutorial by cheery2blost and also another thread somewhere also.

When you open the speedpassion icon from the desktop across the top it says device. Drop down box. It has three options

ESC

Motor checker function

LCD program unit

You need to click on LCD program unit when you connect the LCD box to the computer.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Hooooooray I have managed to get it to install and load up ...... yeah !!

I found that if I double clicked the shortcut (on my desktop) to open the Speed Passion software (V1.32) I just couldn't get any of the stock 230/231 software to appear.................... BUT ................. thanks to BJ (previous post) I right clicked the short cut icon (on my desktop) and ran it as administrator and all the software appeared .......... Awsome.

I have downloaded it twice to both speedos and bench tested and they sound awsome (they rev so high) cant wait to try them now.

Thanks for helping me out.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

BJ; Thanks for your patience with me.

The Speed Passion V1.32 opens up and runs ok, I have used it, but I dont have the supercharger software (230/231) as an option to load up to the speedo.

I am annoyed because since loading up 107 & then back to 110 the cars are dog slow and not as they were before I started messing with it.

I dont know how to update the LCD programming card from V1.02

I am thinking that this might be the issue because it is on V1.02 which maybe is not "seeing " the newer software in the Speed passion V1.32 software.

BJ; ""You must update the LCD box first, I update at least twice to make sure it all goes in.Same for the speedy at least twice to make sure all software is complete.""
How do I update the LCD box ?????????? I am sorry if I am being thick, I appreciate your help.

Many thanks
PM sent, any problems bring it to Maritime on Thursday and will take a look at it for you, you can always borrow one of our LCD boxes if you are stuck mate.

Speed Passion seem kinda quiet these days..................
Old 03-26-2010, 08:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

don't confuse the "LCD" box with the one that came with the ESC, after updating the esc you need to use the one that came with the ESC to see the extra settings,

I also see where you have a reading of V1.02 mine reads that and the software is there, many have reported it not working with V1.02 but mine does,

after downloading the new software, more then likey to your documents file, unzip it, you will now see two of the same downloaded files in your documents, (at least I did) so i unziped the the orginal again and added a 1 to the end of the file name, then closed everything, opened my computer, program files, speedpassion, then to my doc's open #1 and dragged and dropped the version file in first it asked replace/ replace all, i clicked replace all, then i went ahead and dragged and dropped the db3file as well, then closed everything, opened the sp icon on the desk top, and it was there. hope that helps.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hooooooray I have managed to get it to install and load up ...... yeah !!

I found that if I double clicked the shortcut (on my desktop) to open the Speed Passion software (V1.32) I just couldn't get any of the stock 230/231 software to appear.................... BUT ................. thanks to BJ (previous post) I right clicked the short cut icon (on my desktop) and ran it as administrator and all the software appeared .......... Awsome.

I have downloaded it twice to both speedos and bench tested and they sound awsome (they rev so high) cant wait to try them now.

Thanks for helping me out.
Sorry Baldman....I went to themovies....I see you got it working. Let me know how everything turns out ok!
Old 03-26-2010, 10:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by cherry2blost
PM sent, any problems bring it to Maritime on Thursday and will take a look at it for you, you can always borrow one of our LCD boxes if you are stuck mate.

Speed Passion seem kinda quiet these days..................

Must be working on new stuff
Old 03-26-2010, 10:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bjspinner
Must be working on new stuff
did your 1.02 software update as well? or is it working with 1.02
Old 03-27-2010, 12:59 AM
Tech Adept

Default beta speedpassion

baldman666 its snippy. you didnt miss much last night, i got 2nd in the a! with no ginger,slim, dion,jamie and matt having a mare, i sliced through. i was very close to randall on the infield but he dissapeared on the straight. so wot ever went on my speedo was better, but please load the beta for me before the box goes back...................................it might be a completely different story then.............

as usual cherry thanks for all your help and support.

Last edited by xrayal; 03-27-2010 at 06:27 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.