Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 11:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kwiksi
Anybody run their speedos with an Airtronics M8? If so I have a question.
I just got my Prostock 2.1 yest. and have a question on setup. The instructions say to setup the the epa to 100% up & down. My M8 values go to 140% max forward and 160% brake. I ran it this way on my LRP Sphere where their inst. say max for both. I don't have my buggy (Cougar) yet, so I cannot test.
Should I set both forward and brake at only 100% or the max values like I had on my LRP?
I've set it at 100% forward and brake and seems fine with a test motor in hand.
I have the EXZES which is the stick version of the M8.
I calibrate forward and reverse with radio set on 100%.
On the SP i dont have to pick up the value unlike when i use my Tekin which i then turn up to 105% just to make sure it goes into turbo.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:49 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by ixlr8nz
Youll probably find that your AMTS is too high. try dropping it to 3 or even lower. Your supercharger setting no.12 may be too high too. Its hard to know for sure on any of these settings as there are so many variations of motors etc that you just have to test for yourself and see what happens.

Mike
Hi Mike

Thank you for your advise. I have a question that should I set the car to run turbo all the time? if yes I have to find a way starting the turbo early such as larger FDR and lower AMTS. Or run the so call 'first stage' at corner but only use the turbo at straight? if so I have to set the turbo come out later su as lower FDR and higher delay value?

I know in different case has different answer, I just want to listen more opinion in different setting, thanks!
Old 03-25-2010, 04:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by billbill4u
Hi Mike

Thank you for your advise. I have a question that should I set the car to run turbo all the time? if yes I have to find a way starting the turbo early such as larger FDR and lower AMTS. Or run the so call 'first stage' at corner but only use the turbo at straight? if so I have to set the turbo come out later su as lower FDR and higher delay value?

I know in different case has different answer, I just want to listen more opinion in different setting, thanks!
just be weary of using supecharger all the time or making it come in too early in the rpm. This bogs the motor and just generates unnecessary heat.
Think of it like driving 1:1 car and using 3rd or 4th gear out of corners instead of using 2nd gear, its just labours the motor.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:50 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by razzor
just be weary of using supecharger all the time or making it come in too early in the rpm. This bogs the motor and just generates unnecessary heat.
Think of it like driving 1:1 car and using 3rd or 4th gear out of corners instead of using 2nd gear, its just labours the motor.
So I should set the turbo come later and gear down to use the 'first gear' during corner? I don't know the 1:1 car because I have no lisence........really thank you for giving me new setting idea. Maybe I will try it tomorrow or sat, then give you a report!
Old 03-25-2010, 05:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

can someone post a link to the new software? I have the LPF 2.0. Bought them in the fall. Is the only way to flash the ESC by using the LCD box? IS there a PC option out yet?

Thanks
Old 03-25-2010, 05:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Joel Lagace
can someone post a link to the new software? I have the LPF 2.0. Bought them in the fall. Is the only way to flash the ESC by using the LCD box? IS there a PC option out yet?

Thanks
You have to use the lcd programmer to interface between pc and esc.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:19 PM
Tech Rookie

good evening to all, today I finally trying with calmly the new firmware, I decided to try the 230 with Speed Passion V3 10.5 T

I made several runs with different FDR, with different height of tire (sponge) and clearly different settings;

high tires and FDR 7.6 had a car that went pretty well a bit everywhere, with
temperature 80 degrees after 5 minutes, this was the only constant in the day, temperatures right on the limit in each run.

The last run (probably better) I did it with 58mm tires ratio 8.65 and temperature always 80 degrees;
These are the main settings:

# 4 = 9
# 9 = 2
# 12 = 8
# 13 = 3
# 14 = 1
# 15 = 4

repeat with motor speedpassion V3 10.5 T on Xray T2'009, the track has a straight length of about 55 meters, a mixture with two sharp curves and other curves almost stationary and restarts with a scican very fast. In short, a mix of everything.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kwiksi
Anybody run their speedos with an Airtronics M8? If so I have a question.
I just got my Prostock 2.1 yest. and have a question on setup. The instructions say to setup the the epa to 100% up & down. My M8 values go to 140% max forward and 160% brake. I ran it this way on my LRP Sphere where their inst. say max for both. I don't have my buggy (Cougar) yet, so I cannot test.
Should I set both forward and brake at only 100% or the max values like I had on my LRP?
I've set it at 100% forward and brake and seems fine with a test motor in hand.
i set at 100 then set them to full after esc setup
Old 03-26-2010, 02:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Hi everyone,

thought i would post my setting data from 23/03/2010.

Track was very short hence the gear ratio.

thanks
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Boronia 23:03.2010.pdf (380.3 KB, 221 views)
Old 03-26-2010, 12:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

is anyone runing any timing on the motor with the X12 17.5?
Old 03-26-2010, 01:14 PM
Tech Rookie

First test after uploading twice. I must say thanks to shawn for putting it out here for us to test now its fun to run stock again. Car runs like a bat out of hell ! just edgeing out att the end of the straigt and shooting like a rocket on the infield. Its a carpet track low grip and very tecnical the straigt is about 16 meters or (52 ft i think) with a sweeper before the stright and a 180 at the end. the motor temp came out at 43 degres celius (about 109 Fahrenheit) after a 10 min run. Now i am a average driver so i dont now if this whould be up there at a international level. would be intresting if someone else tested my settings and came with some feedback.
here are my settings

Car : Xray T3
Tyres: sorex 32
Motor : speedpassion v3 17.5
Endbell timing +10
Esc: Gt 2.0 pro
Firmware: *231 stock*
Fdr:5:78
Esc settings
1:1
2:2
3:6
4:5
5:3
6:1
7:2
8:1
9:4
10:1
12:Stage 6
13:Stage 6
14:6
15:5
Old 03-26-2010, 01:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Hi fellas...I have just purchased a Speed Passion GT2.0 and I have a couple of questions regarding the new software....

1. After the upload of the 231 software...the throttle feels soft up front not linear at all..then it kicks in like crazy...am I uploading the software correclty? or is that just how the 231 is...soft and then hits hard? or how can I smooth this out using the 231?

2. Uploaded the 230 and its a very linear. When I pull the trigger it has a good throttle band all the way thru the pull..fells very good, but after reading this thread people prefer using the 231, how come seeing that it isnt linear?

3. I am using the box stock led programmer, can the Digital LCD be used with esc to change values with the new software in lieu of the box stock programmer? Is there a new vesion of hardware for the LCD programmer that can work with the new Supercharger values?

Any help will be appreciated! Thanks
Old 03-26-2010, 01:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sean Williams
Hi fellas...I have just purchased a Speed Passion GT2.0 and I have a couple of questions regarding the new software....

1. After the upload of the 231 software...the throttle feels soft up front not linear at all..then it kicks in like crazy...am I uploading the software correclty? or is that just how the 231 is...soft and then hits hard? or how can I smooth this out using the 231?

2. Uploaded the 230 and its a very linear. When I pull the trigger it has a good throttle band all the way thru the pull..fells very good, but after reading this thread people prefer using the 231, how come seeing that it isnt linear?

3. I am using the box stock led programmer, can the Digital LCD be used with esc to change values with the new software in lieu of the box stock programmer? Is there a new vesion of hardware for the LCD programmer that can work with the new Supercharger values?

Any help will be appreciated! Thanks
Are you running this Sunday at freedom park?

It's good to see speedpassion is back on track.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Where can this be downloaded?thanks
Old 03-26-2010, 02:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bukil
Are you running this Sunday at freedom park?

It's good to see speedpassion is back on track.
Yes!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.