Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 07:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default Supercharged?

I Ran my first race with the new software and it was not what I had hoped. I tried everything as far as gearing and timing. I have both a Tekin and Mamba and they are both far better. I won't give up on Speedpassion just yet but the program has to get better if they want them to be hot sellers.
Old 03-13-2010, 07:19 PM
Tech Addict

Well I had a club meeting today and I can say the car was very fast. We had the nationals here a few weeks ago and the best lap in 13.5 was 21.7. I did a 21.6 today!!!!! My race time was only 1 sec off the fastest ever too.

I used the following settings on our huge track:

Xray T2008
Novak 13.5 old version
gear ratio 4.0:1

AMTS Timing 7 degrees
DRRS Max
Boost Max
Punch setting 2
Motor temp around 70 degrees

I think the important thing is to have the AMTS setting quite low.

I do have one problem though:

If I hit a curb from time to time the throttle position changes. This is very frustrating and happened in the final. After I hit the curb the car ran slowly (felt like half throttle). When I reset the ESC it is all good again.

Has anyone had this happen before? I realise I may be able to fix this by setting full throttle at less than a full pull of the trigger but dont really want to do that yet.

regards
Michael Jones
Old 03-13-2010, 07:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ixlr8nz
Well I had a club meeting today and I can say the car was very fast. We had the nationals here a few weeks ago and the best lap in 13.5 was 21.7. I did a 21.6 today!!!!! My race time was only 1 sec off the fastest ever too.

Xray T2008
Novak 13.5 old version

AMTS Timing 7 degrees
DRRS Max
Boost Max
Punch setting 2

If I hit a curb from time to time the throttle position changes. This is very frustrating and happened in the final. After I hit the curb the car ran slowly (felt like half throttle). When I reset the ESC it is all good again.

Has anyone had this happen before? I realise I may be able to fix this by setting full throttle at less than a full pull of the trigger but dont really want to do that yet.

regards
Michael Jones
its recommended to set the speedo with the EPA at 100, then set your epa to 110/120 whatever your radio goes too. Newer software seem to be more sensitive to triggering full throttle.
Old 03-13-2010, 09:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

After the first race day with the new s/w I feel that it is definetly better than before but I need to get it tuned in more properly. Our track has only a 75ft straight with a sweeper at both ends and with a 17.5 geared at a 7.38fdr it seemed that the charger didn't come in till 2/3 the way down the straight even with the delay off and the start rpm at 4000, I guess I just need to drop a few more teeth to get it to come in earlier. I tried dropping timing in the esc and it got worse, next week i'll try dropping motor timing to see if that helps, but when I first installed it today I had less motor timing and it was a SNAIL but the setting were as shawn recomended. Looking foward to hearing other peoples experiences with the new s/w.
Old 03-13-2010, 09:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Xray T2008
Novak 13.5 old version

AMTS Timing 7 degrees
DRRS Max
Boost Max
Punch setting 2

regards
Michael Jones
This has happened to me also. In my case it was a failed "cold" solder joint both times.

Just a thought?

Rob.........
Old 03-13-2010, 10:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gwoodrc
After the first race day with the new s/w I feel that it is definetly better than before but I need to get it tuned in more properly. Our track has only a 75ft straight with a sweeper at both ends and with a 17.5 geared at a 7.38fdr it seemed that the charger didn't come in till 2/3 the way down the straight even with the delay off and the start rpm at 4000, I guess I just need to drop a few more teeth to get it to come in earlier. I tried dropping timing in the esc and it got worse, next week i'll try dropping motor timing to see if that helps, but when I first installed it today I had less motor timing and it was a SNAIL but the setting were as shawn recomended. Looking foward to hearing other peoples experiences with the new s/w.
just a guess has i haven't run it yet, but i would think you would want the start rpm higher, dumping to much timing to soon will make it slower, i least i think it does. I believe thats why the other poster found it was better to lower the timing in the esc. i also think you would want to have some motor timing, all just a guess on my part.
Old 03-13-2010, 10:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Hi,
I was under the impression that Marc Reinhard etc use this esc so I would assume this esc would be equal to any other esc in this performance range, would this be a fair assumtion? Only asking as I'm trying to decide if I should buy the SP GT Pro

thanks
Old 03-13-2010, 10:46 PM
Tech Addict

Mikexray: thanks, ill give it a go

Rob: thanks, I will resolder all my joints just in case.

thanks guys and good luck.
Michael Jones
Old 03-13-2010, 10:49 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Taman
Hi,
I was under the impression that Marc Reinhard etc use this esc so I would assume this esc would be equal to any other esc in this performance range, would this be a fair assumtion? Only asking as I'm trying to decide if I should buy the SP GT Pro

thanks
That would be a fair assumption. I think it's a fine piece of equipment. I'm pretty sure they're not shooting for second best.

Rob........
Old 03-13-2010, 10:59 PM
Tech Regular

Mikexray: thanks, ill give it a go

Rob: thanks, I will resolder all my joints just in case.

thanks guys and good luck.
Michael Jones
Michael, your welcome.

Hey, let us know if that solves it. Or you could just not hit any curbing I never do

One of the times it happened I did'nt notice the loose connection. Recalibrated, and went back out. Same as you after a hit I had about half punch and green lights flashing. Found the bad connection after looking closer.

Hope that solves it for you.

Take care, Rob....
Old 03-14-2010, 12:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

For those not noticing performance difference between the beta and old stock firmware. What I did, was downgrade to an older version, then re upgrade to new version but don't calibrate it.

Tried it again today, settled on a 6.82 FDR for 17.5T with the older version of the Team Orion Vortex motor. After a 5min race the motor was around 75 degrees, on a Sunny Aussie day. Used a heat sink with no fan. Settings were as follow:
"DRRS" Start Mode: Level IX
"AMTS" Timing: 11.25degrees
Neutral Range: 6%
12:5
13:1
14:1
15:3

With this new software, the top end was I think the same as the tekins but was lacking in punch. Will run this again on Tuesday night and may try other settings and with a DUO1.

ixlr8nz:
Yes the throttle position problem did happen to me, but only once and I don't think I hit something really hard as well. What I did was turn it on then off and then switch ti back on again. When I did this, I hit stuff so hard my battery moved a little in the tape and the throttle position never changed again. But I also have my throttle epa set to 130%.
Old 03-14-2010, 01:00 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by stokka
In Vista/Windows 7 copy the files to the speedpassion folder as described.

First time you run the program right click the SpeedPassion program and choose "Run as administrator". Then the database would rebuild.
THANKS STOKKA!
Now it works, if you happen to Florence offer a good bottle of Chianti
Old 03-14-2010, 01:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Anyone tried the new software yet with 10.5? What settings did you use? I'm struggling to get it to not cook motors. Running tc indoors on carpet. Med size track. Lrp x12 motor geared at 7.0
Old 03-14-2010, 01:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sjh28
Will the current LCD Program Card be sufficient with the new software, or should I wait for the new one to be released?

Will the Hobbywing Unit work or does it have to be the Speedpassion one?

Does anyone know where you can buy the 12g wire in the coulours that come with the GT2.0? I need to rewire an ESC and want to have these colours to better differentiate the different phases of the motor and the battery.
I'm in AUS, but prepared to buy from OS.

Thanks.
Anyone with answers to these??
All help will be much appreciated.
Old 03-14-2010, 03:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sjh28
Anyone with answers to these??
All help will be much appreciated.
I'm using the hobbywing LCD to upgrade and it's working fine. But to adjust the settings for the beta version you need to use the plastic led setting card. For the wires, I searched "Speed passion" on the world's most famous online bidding site and I found the three colored 12AWG wires you were looking for.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.