Search
Like Tree6Likes

Schumacher Mi4

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 11:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Default mi4cxl

Just finished putting my cxl together. I'm very impress with the fit and finish of the car. Schumacher definitely have my vote of confident. The attention to detail is just off the chart, such as the slightly smaller shock bladder which allow you screw on the shock cap without unsettling the bladder. The car went together like a hot knife through butter.

Keep up the good work Schumacher.

Last edited by v_squared; 03-01-2012 at 11:29 AM.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Originally Posted by v_squared
Just finished putting my cxl together. I'm very impress with the fit and finish of the car. Schumacher definitely have my vote of confident. The attention to detail is just off the chart, such as the slightly smaller shock bladder which allow you screw on the shock cap without unsettling the bladder. The car went together like a hot knife through butter with.

Keep up the good work Schumacher.
+1
by far one of the best kits produced...parts quality is top.
the little attention to detail is fantastic.

CXL i've been running for 2 weeks....car doesn't show any wear after a ton of hits (trying to get the right setup, it's dialed now).
Old 03-03-2012, 12:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Follow the Build of my MI4CXL

Hi all the Build of my Mi4cxl is in progress with photos of each stage being uploaded Now .

Take a look and I hope this will help some people out there

www.car69.me.uk

Follow the link to the Big Build 2012

Thanks for looking
Old 03-03-2012, 11:45 AM
Tech Regular

Not finished building it yet then i got my rolling chassis built up as per the manual ready to drop my electrics in and get the bodyshell sorted. So what size lipo you plan on running , normal or shorty ?
Old 03-03-2012, 10:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

I plan on running a standard lipo , car all built now I am going to start to take it apart and mod it Planning on fitting violet turnbuckles , OTM steering , Shock rebuild , some additional drilling filling and dremmeling to be done !

If i get the chance ill be in the workshop today

ALL THE PHOTOS WILL BE UP SOON

www.car69.me.uk
Old 03-04-2012, 07:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

The Team seems to be doing quite well at the ETS. Hope the finals go well also.

My servo saver experiment seemed to work out ok. The MMGT servo saver has good throw and doesnt wiggle around, however it is very stiff, it has 3 C springs, so I took one off and it is still stiff, might remove the second spring and see. But for now its staying on.

Any one ever run a MI4LP in the "GT" class? Silver can motor, Tamiya GT style body, open rubber tire and unlimitied weight. Any tips on a setup for a bumpy carpet track?
Old 03-04-2012, 06:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

What is MMGT ?
I am using a Team Magic E4 servo saver, not bad. a bit shorter than stock servo arm but good enough for now
http://www.teammagicrc.com/articles....cle=1000008496
Old 03-05-2012, 03:33 PM
Tech Regular

Just completed a marathon review of the Schumacher Mi4CXL on my site at http://rcracingni.co.uk/?p=4561 (with 65 photos in place!).

Let me know what you think or if you spot any mistakes...

Last edited by scoyle; 03-06-2012 at 05:11 AM. Reason: Spelling!
Old 03-06-2012, 03:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by olhipster1
I'm at 1385 ready to turn on and run.
I'm using a standard hardcase 2s Lipo.

added 5 grams to balance the car left to right...
the car is well under weight but as stated my current body on the car has a lot of paint on it...it's probable 15 grams overweight due to that.
Any handling issues with the car at that weight. our limit is 1380g and i am scared that weight transfer might be a issue under braking. this is for 17.5 boosted and i am using a std 2s lipo . the car is currently 1430g and handles very well. i have another battery wich will bring the car to 1393g. any advice?
Old 03-06-2012, 05:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Gerrie
Any handling issues with the car at that weight. our limit is 1380g and i am scared that weight transfer might be a issue under braking. this is for 17.5 boosted and i am using a std 2s lipo . the car is currently 1430g and handles very well. i have another battery wich will bring the car to 1393g. any advice?
My car is working great...balanced left to right.
I have just little more weight to back, battery is in back position.
i am using the long belt on the battery side. then tape the battery in as close as possible to the belt (Use the carbon fiber battery stops glued to battery).

If you are comfortable with 1430 then run it that way.
if you lower the weight you may have to re-balance the car.
No hurt in trying to see if it changes anything for you.

it may be as easy as just added a few grams to one side to balance with the lighter battery.
You're motor may run cooler with less weight.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

@olipster1 , my car is not balanced yet. i also moved my battery to the back and that made a difference to the car, that is why i am wondering about what impact it will have on the handeling if I lighten the car more. will one need to add or remove some droop..... stiffer or lighter spring front and rear ?
Old 03-06-2012, 07:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

my cx is in the same situation as my cxl , and i am running 13.5 in that chassis. it currently weighs 1485g and with another battery will drop to 1420g
Old 03-06-2012, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

@olipster1 , my car is not balanced yet. i also moved my battery to the back and that made a difference to the car, that is why i am wondering about what impact it will have on the handeling if I lighten the car more. will one need to add or remove some droop..... stiffer or lighter spring front and rear ?
my cx is in the same situation as my cxl , and i am running 13.5 in that chassis. it currently weighs 1485g and with another battery will drop to 1420g
1485...wow...that is heavy...my CX came in at 1420 out the box with electronics in it...and rear had alum hinge pin blocks.

No magic answer on this one.
you will probably have to balance the car..it's quite easy and quick to do.
then try running the car with the lighter battery.
you may not have to do a thing for setup...or...you may have to change ride height droop..etc.

I have three different battery (brands) at different weights - about 10 grams difference...my CXL car feels the same with all three.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by olhipster1
1485...wow...that is heavy...my CX came in at 1420 out the box with electronics in it...and rear had alum hinge pin blocks.

No magic answer on this one.
you will probably have to balance the car..it's quite easy and quick to do.
then try running the car with the lighter battery.
you may not have to do a thing for setup...or...you may have to change ride height droop..etc.

I have three different battery (brands) at different weights - about 10 grams difference...my CXL car feels the same with all three.
With the car lighter, will I need too add droop or less.?we are having our first national event this coming weekend , and would like my cars as light as possible and get the best handling out of them
Old 03-06-2012, 10:40 AM
Tech Master

How is it possible to get the car that heavy? Don't get me wrong, I know my car has all the light weight stuff on it, but I really can't believe I have in the region of 140g of "weight saving parts" on my car.

Scoyle - nice quote

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.