Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 07:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

When talking about ackerman I haven't really heard anyone mentioning using the rear hole on the steering arms. How will this effect ackerman? More steering? Less steering?
Old 07-23-2009, 08:22 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by PitNamedGordie
When talking about ackerman I haven't really heard anyone mentioning using the rear hole on the steering arms. How will this effect ackerman? More steering? Less steering?
Josh said he deisgned the rear hole for Foam tires. I've never tried it, but if you do let us know how it works! The car might be easier to drive, but have a little less steering.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:32 AM
Tech Addict

Default Speedworld Cup 2009

This year the Speedworld Cup was held July 18th at Speedworld Raceway in Roseville CA. Same track where there Reedy was held. Scott Kimbrow TQ'd and took home the win in modified driving the Photon. Congrats Scott!

Old 07-23-2009, 08:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Hi Ej
The box stock set up is more or less aggressive than the reedy set up?
Old 07-23-2009, 08:37 AM
Tech Elite

Default More Mid turn

Hi EJ
If i wanted to make the rear end of the car to rotate more in the mid turn,where is the best ways to make the change on the car?

Last edited by Goingfast; 07-23-2009 at 09:11 AM.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:50 AM
Tech Adept

i have been looking for a new kit to buy. i am considering purchasing a photon kit. how does this tc compare to others? eg; xray,rdx phi,cyclone,tc5,etc...
Old 07-23-2009, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mr fit
i have been looking for a new kit to buy. i am considering purchasing a photon kit. how does this tc compare to others? eg; xray,rdx phi,cyclone,tc5,etc...
its as good as any high end brand available !!
So much so that the fast guys are taking note
Old 07-23-2009, 09:51 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mr fit
No matter what brand you are switching from, you wont be let down by the Photon. It is a great kit in every way.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:54 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Layshaft Spacers

I've come up with a potential solution on my layshaft problem. A set of inserts that fit snugly into the slot that has an offset hold for the layshaft screw. I don't know if I'm the only one having this problem, but this is the only adjustment on the car that is a free-floating mount - everything else locks into place in one fashion or another, and these little inserts would fix that. Two of each insert would allow setting the layshaft to bottom, middle, or top.

Does anyone have any resources/suggestion on getting something like this made? I also think it could be done with a small piece of ABS with two holes in it, one for the M3 screw to go through, and one tapped for a set-screw to go into - though this would only work for lower and upper positions, but that's enough adjustment for my liking.
Attached Thumbnails T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car-layshaftspacers.jpg  
Old 07-23-2009, 11:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Thirtybird
I've come up with a potential solution on my layshaft problem. A set of inserts that fit snugly into the slot that has an offset hold for the layshaft screw. I don't know if I'm the only one having this problem, but this is the only adjustment on the car that is a free-floating mount - everything else locks into place in one fashion or another, and these little inserts would fix that. Two of each insert would allow setting the layshaft to bottom, middle, or top.

Does anyone have any resources/suggestion on getting something like this made? I also think it could be done with a small piece of ABS with two holes in it, one for the M3 screw to go through, and one tapped for a set-screw to go into - though this would only work for lower and upper positions, but that's enough adjustment for my liking.
Not bad I deal
I like the three adjustment inserts..kinda like the pan car rear axles adjustment
Old 07-23-2009, 11:36 AM
Tech Rookie

im looking to get back into onroad, its been a while since ive built a real tc chassis, the last one i owned was an rs4! im looking to get a photon ordered, but is there anything i should know ahead of time about the kit? from what i have read and looked at, it seems there might be some modification i need to do depending on the servo i use, but other than that, is it fairly straightforward?

thanks!
Old 07-23-2009, 12:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Absolution
im looking to get back into onroad, its been a while since ive built a real tc chassis, the last one i owned was an rs4! im looking to get a photon ordered, but is there anything i should know ahead of time about the kit? from what i have read and looked at, it seems there might be some modification i need to do depending on the servo i use, but other than that, is it fairly straightforward?

thanks!
order spare shims, probably steering blocks and rear hubs, maybe one front and rear a arm (i've seen the hinge pin break before the arm) other than that run a medium servo saver and you should be good. its by far the most durable car i've run (unless you get it airborne off a dot and it flips 2 times)

shim the rear of the car out to 189mm and you won't break the rear cvd blades
Old 07-23-2009, 12:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Making Weight

Just built the car, trying to place weight. I have the weight tray filled and have 14 grams on the rear 14 in front of the battery and 7 under the spool. I need 71 more grams where is everyone putting the extra weight at? I'm running Reedy 5000 lipos. See picture of the car. Please help. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car-100_0147.jpg  
Old 07-23-2009, 01:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wayne breault
Just built the car, trying to place weight. I have the weight tray filled and have 14 grams on the rear 14 in front of the battery and 7 under the spool. I need 71 more grams where is everyone putting the extra weight at? I'm running Reedy 5000 lipos. See picture of the car. Please help. Thanks
Use AE weight in your weight tray. You should be able to get 63? grams in there.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:20 PM
Tech Initiate

The weight tray is full

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.