R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   VTA setup for Xray T2 007 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/279842-vta-setup-xray-t2-007-a.html)

bluephi1914 03-08-2009 05:25 AM

Camaro body,

Mine did ok last night.... it seems a little loose... not holding like my touring car in the turns. I know thats an apple/oranges comparrison.. but some of the guys at the track drivetheir VTA's like their Touring cars. :nod: I am currently trying to figure that out.

NUCRPTRACER 03-08-2009 04:07 PM

You could try a stiffer front spring......I am running the pegusas mustang

nashrcracer 03-08-2009 06:19 PM

I ran the drew ellis 2006 pavement nats setup on mine swaybars and all. handles well for pavement and loose carpet.

Stetler17 03-09-2009 09:55 AM

NU,

You say your running the front with the one-way fixed, as in the left and right locked together but not to the gear? I haven't tried it like that yet, only spool or true one-way w/ each wheel independent.

How does it make the car react compared to the other set-ups?

Thanks for any help.

Mark

NUCRPTRACER 03-09-2009 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Stetler17 (Post 5529419)
NU,

You say your running the front with the one-way fixed, as in the left and right locked together but not to the gear? I haven't tried it like that yet, only spool or true one-way w/ each wheel independent.

How does it make the car react compared to the other set-ups?

Thanks for any help.

Mark

Well with a spool you get great corner exit but you normally have to let it rotate thru the turn...But with the oneway fixed its best of both worlds....all the steering of a oneway and the corner speed with extra rip comin out..I like it alot I have a heck of a time with the spool you really have to have a setup set for the spool....If you like a oneway youll like the oneway fixed it will seem to have slight amount of understeer but it is easy to adapt...:nod:

bluephi1914 04-12-2009 04:41 AM

been a while since I posted.... but the vintage is a beast. Switched to a KO Propo servo (same as in my TC --T2 008) so it now steering feels the same.

Shocks layed down in the rear (one from bottom) and standing up in the front. Car is pretty sweet.... It goes where i want it to go and handles the turns nicely once tires are warmed up.

Since I have the foam edition it had the wide top deck... i am thinking about switching to the narrow top deck since i am not running the stands in the front or the back. I dont think that will make much of a difference siunce i am not running the stands so i may just keep the $40 and invest it else where.

Clayton 04-15-2009 04:09 AM

[QUOTE=NUCRPTRACER;5503048]....I use the 007 EU with the following on carpet....

FRNT:
.5 toe out
4degree caster
forward akerman at post
outside hole on steering block
3rd hole out upper shock mnt hole
40wt oil 3hole and 2 hole really preference
1.5mm wheel hexes to equal tire width frnt and rear
lower inside camber link position
frnt top deck posts removed
white frnt springs
outside lower shock mnt at arm
1 degree of camber
1.2 sway on (EU edition)
REAR:
1degree rear uprights
shocks layed down
30 wt oil
3 hole pistons
outside hole at arm
1.3 sway on (EU edition)
1.5 to 2 degrees camber
yellow springs
rear topdeck posts removed

i have only just got my car running on the weekend & found the rear of car to be loose, i was wondering when you say your rear shocks are layed over what hole are they in? thanks again for any advice.

bluephi1914 04-16-2009 04:46 AM

First... I use Paragon; Full Rear and 1/2 on the front tires.

and yes the rear of my car was also loose... before i changed my shock and paragon settings.

Check the picture for what i mean by shocks layed all the way down. This worked for me... and got the rear end under control. also check your ride height.. mine is at 5 1/2 front 6 rear. Also check droop screws... hey are important also. 2mm above ride hight is what mine is set at.

REAR
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/2374/imag0056a.jpg
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/ima...jpg/1/w640.png

FRONT
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/4804/imag0057f.jpg

Clayton 04-16-2009 05:23 AM

thanks mate, i will be racing this weekend so i'll try this & let you know how it goes:)

Clayton 04-17-2009 03:35 PM

i race the car last night for the first time, i loved it. it was a slippery surface
i was having traction problems but so was everybody else, all part of the fun really:lol:. but thank you for the advice, i'm converted now & dont think i will racing any touring car classes again for a long while:D

bluephi1914 04-18-2009 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by Clayton (Post 5697737)
i race the car last night for the first time, i loved it. it was a slippery surface
i was having traction problems but so was everybody else, all part of the fun really:lol:. but thank you for the advice, i'm converted now & dont think i will racing any touring car classes again for a long while:D

:) I felt the same way when i first ran my vintage

dragracer72nova 04-19-2009 07:20 PM

How do you guys like your 007 as T/A cars? I am a New owner of two 007 EU's and one is planned to be a T/A car. I am looking forward to the cars and see how they perform.
Dave

Clayton 04-19-2009 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by dragracer72nova (Post 5704992)
How do you guys like your 007 as T/A cars? I am a New owner of two 007 EU's and one is planned to be a T/A car. I am looking forward to the cars and see how they perform.
Dave

i'm only new to this hobby & not great at car set-up myself, i followed the advice on here & with help from a mate we got my car going pretty well, i just need more time driving it, it handles completely different to when i was racing it as a touring car, but so much more fun:nod:. i love it. besides x-ray cars can take a beating so i dont think you could go wrong.

bluephi1914 04-20-2009 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by dragracer72nova (Post 5704992)
Dave

I love mine... it takes left effort for me to drive , in comparison to my TC . Im not new to the hobby, but was new to on road TC. I have gotten much better with my TC and that is what i started driving first.... but now that I have tried vintage... i love it. Its fun to drive. I set mine up almost identical to my TC so it steers and handles simular. I have the US version... The EU should be even better for Vintage

YOU WILL LOVE IT :nod:

dragracer72nova 05-16-2009 02:08 PM

I am starting to work on the two EU 007's. Which springs do I need to buy for my cars(VT/A setup and a 17.5 setup)?
Dave