R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   VTA setup for Xray T2 007 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/279842-vta-setup-xray-t2-007-a.html)

bluephi1914 03-02-2009 06:08 PM

VTA setup for Xray T2 007

I was wondering in anyone had any input on a nice setup for VTA for a T2 007 US ed.

what Springs... Camber,Toe in/out etc.

Clayton 03-03-2009 01:55 AM

i am also setting up a t2 007 at the moment but a EU spec version, would also appreciate any advice on set-up,
will be running silver can 540 motor & lipo's on out door concrete track.
thank you.

bluephi1914 03-03-2009 02:23 AM

Ricky/C 03-03-2009 02:40 AM

Firstly run NIMH, the pack has loads of more puch and at the end of a 6min race my NIMH packs voltage is 8V and my lipo 7.8V

NUCRPTRACER 03-03-2009 03:26 AM

....I use the 007 EU with the following on carpet....

FRNT:
.5 toe out
4degree caster
forward akerman at post
outside hole on steering block
3rd hole out upper shock mnt hole
40wt oil 3hole and 2 hole really preference
1.5mm wheel hexes to equal tire width frnt and rear
lower inside camber link position
frnt top deck posts removed
white frnt springs
outside lower shock mnt at arm
1 degree of camber
1.2 sway on (EU edition)
REAR:
1degree rear uprights
shocks layed down
30 wt oil
3 hole pistons
outside hole at arm
1.3 sway on (EU edition)
1.5 to 2 degrees camber
yellow springs
rear topdeck posts removed

I am gonna run this setup on my US kit this weekend without the sways may go with yellow all the way around...I run 21.5/lipo....

Hope this gives you guys a good start....

Clayton 03-03-2009 03:32 AM

thank you for a quick reply:)

NUCRPTRACER 03-03-2009 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by Clayton (Post 5503068)
thank you for a quick reply:)

No problem let me know how it works out for you....:nod:

bluephi1914 03-03-2009 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by NUCRPTRACER (Post 5503048)
....I use the 007 EU with the following on carpet....

FRNT:
.5 toe out
4degree caster
forward akerman at post
outside hole on steering block
3rd hole out upper shock mnt hole
40wt oil 3hole and 2 hole really preference
1.5mm wheel hexes to equal tire width frnt and rear
lower inside camber link position
frnt top deck posts removed
white frnt springs
outside lower shock mnt at arm
1 degree of camber
1.2 sway on (EU edition)
REAR:
1degree rear uprights
shocks layed down
30 wt oil
3 hole pistons
outside hole at arm
1.3 sway on (EU edition)
1.5 to 2 degrees camber
yellow springs
rear topdeck posts removed

I am gonna run this setup on my US kit this weekend without the sways may go with yellow all the way around...I run 21.5/lipo....

Hope this gives you guys a good start....

ok.. i set my 07 US up very simular.. pink springs up front ,whites in back. 2 holes up front and 3 in back. i did not remove topdeck post.. although i will. i goto the track tomorrow and will make any further adjustments as needed.

i appreciate the fast response

NUCRPTRACER 03-04-2009 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by bluephi1914 (Post 5506930)
ok.. i set my 07 US up very simular.. pink springs up front ,whites in back. 2 holes up front and 3 in back. i did not remove topdeck post.. although i will. i goto the track tomorrow and will make any further adjustments as needed.

i appreciate the fast response

Pink springs up frnt maybe to much....But let me know if it works for ya...If not move the whites up frnt and throw some yellows on the rear....

bluephi1914 03-04-2009 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by NUCRPTRACER (Post 5507999)
Pink springs up frnt maybe to much....But let me know if it works for ya...If not move the whites up frnt and throw some yellows on the rear....

your right..pinks to stiff. whites all the way around, works nice.

NUCRPTRACER 03-05-2009 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by bluephi1914 (Post 5512269)
your right..pinks to stiff. whites all the way around, works nice.

Sweet glad to see it works for ya...:nod:

bluephi1914 03-06-2009 02:51 AM

what differences would the yellow springs in the rear do for me.

NUCRPTRACER 03-06-2009 03:30 AM

Yellows would just soften the rear...Your car may push a little if so stick with the whites...I just think that using the softer springs and making shck oil and piston changes give you a finer tunning adjustments.....Remember that these tires are truly in between Foams and rubbers...They have a alot of traction as they break in and tire prepp and care will keep your car as consistent as it can be....With not being able to change inserts or compounds tire care is amplified....I am thinking of trying yellow all around...White all around is pretty sweet though....Do some testing for sure and post your findings or PM me and I will do the same that way we can hit the sweet spot faster:sneaky:.......Plus becareful as it is easy to get these cars to stick to much....Find the spot thats almost loose and that will hold....Keep it there.....Also if your not allready try a oneway or oneway fixed I assume you have a multidiff....Actually...post what your running....IE: Batt's, motor etc.

bluephi1914 03-07-2009 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by NUCRPTRACER (Post 5517790)
Yellows would just soften the rear...Your car may push a little if so stick with the whites...I just think that using the softer springs and making shck oil and piston changes give you a finer tunning adjustments.....Remember that these tires are truly in between Foams and rubbers...They have a alot of traction as they break in and tire prepp and care will keep your car as consistent as it can be....With not being able to change inserts or compounds tire care is amplified....I am thinking of trying yellow all around...White all around is pretty sweet though....Do some testing for sure and post your findings or PM me and I will do the same that way we can hit the sweet spot faster:sneaky:.......Plus becareful as it is easy to get these cars to stick to much....Find the spot thats almost loose and that will hold....Keep it there.....Also if your not allready try a oneway or oneway fixed I assume you have a multidiff....Actually...post what your running....IE: Batt's, motor etc.

Cool,

I will do more testing tonight.... and post

Currently I am running
  1. White springs all way round with 350 shock oil
  2. Multi Diff up front...set up as a Spool (thats with the Pin in and the insert) I think the book calls it full time locking axle
  3. Novak 21.5
  4. Speed Passion ESC LPF
  5. Im running Lipo SMC 4100(green) , 4000(red)
  6. 102 spur 41 pinion ( puts me at 4.22 final)
  7. I have the wide top deck...with NO aluminum stands

NUCRPTRACER 03-07-2009 07:21 AM

I ran my 009eu last night in VTA...I have been swapping between the 007 and 009....I am gonna stick with the 009 but my setups are identical between the 2.....I applaud you for being able to drive with the spool:nod:..I am running the oneway fixed so I get the best of both worlds oneway and spool..

I am gonna try a swaybar on the rear.....Which body are you running?